Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
upon further reflection the 'wonderful questions' reprise of wonderful life is actually the best song in smallfoot, yes even better than let it lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"pigeon impossible" would probably breach copyright, which is as strong an argument as any against copyright

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

i can't believe i'm this excited for a pokemon movie

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

K. Waste posted:

. Also, it suffers from the inherently cynical precondition of most modern American animated films: they must all be hyperactive, self-aware, broad comedies. They must all begin with the protagonist literally explaining the setting. The overarching comedic framework overpowers and renders insincere any attempt at drama or tragedy.

The high point of the movie is like this climactic 5 minutes where it turns into a kaiju movie.

I watched Storks last night, the previous non-Lego film by WAG, and it is uncannily similar, though more prone to whiplashing wildly between comedy and attempted sincerity.

Given that the Lego Movie and Lego Batman mostly operate on the same basis I'm left to assume this is a deliberate style choice

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Here is that fanmade full-length remake of Shrek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM70TROZQsI

this is incredible