Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lego Batman Movie please be good. I would love to start the year off with some good cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is it true that the lego batman movie is going to attempt to be serious

I forget where I'd heard that the lego batman movie was attempting to be serious. Well, maybe serious isn't the right way to go, but I mean like, just telling a typical sorta batman story but everything happens to be lego instead of going bonkers with everything like the lego movie did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlsDykmZ_c

Watch the villain roster the Joker reads off at the end there and then get back to me.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Was anyone moved by the trailers for Zootopia? Hell nay.

But even taking that into account, I do laugh at "You're darn right 'Whoa!'"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Corek posted:

DANCE PARTY

DAAAAANCE PARTY

(The AV Club wrote an article about how annoying animation ending dance parties are.)

http://www.avclub.com/article/why-are-animated-dance-party-endings-so-goddamn-an-247143

The only good dance party ending is that one episode of The Simpsons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What, the one about the film adaptation of macbeth?

Is it also set to Two Tickets to Paradise?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Okay then.

poo poo, now I need a production of Hamlet that ends with the cast dancing to Two Tickets to Paradise.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Is it this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNtP_faKziU

Cause if it isn't, then there's two out there. And that isn't good for this thread's thesis.

Oh my goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I can't believe I forgot the song used at the end. Looks like I better get two tickets to stupid town.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I couldn't get past episode one of Trollhunters. The characters were so badly crafted that I was starting to think the lead was just the imaginary idealized self of the fat comic sidekick.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 6, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shadow Hog posted:

So the doll for Belle from the live-action Beauty and the Beast has been revealed, and... oh

Oh

Puppet Master reboot lookin' good.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just got back from Lego Batman. I loved it, it was a funny as gently caress deep dive into Batman, and goddamit the Ninjago movie looks good now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please put that out into the real world.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm so annoyed by this. Nintendo has some of the most valuable, untapped IPs ever, and they're choosing to make an animated film with their flagship character via the near-bottom rung of animation studios.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The 1993 Super Mario Bros movie really spooked them. The upcoming Detective Pikachu film will be the first 'live action' Nintendo film they've signed off on in a quarter century.

Yeah but that makes even less sense. I could see them going with Dreamworks, which makes occasional non-trash, but no one's excited for the next Illumination film.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Which Mario character is going to poo poo themselves in the trailer?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

Just keep modern pop music out of it.

It's going to have Van Halen's "Jump" and you're going to like it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm absolutely sure no one will be even remotely interested in a Nintendo film made by Illumination. Nope, can't think of a single person of any age group on this planet for whom this would possibly merit some excitement.

Mario is the most recognized fictional character in the world. The movie's gonna break 1 billion easily.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Saw Coco, it was alright. The city was the MVP of the movie. That place was gorgeous.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/958879370076188673

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

The whole family is amazing, especially considering how old the show is.

I'm worried the cartoon is going to fail to get this right. There's an endless supply of hack writers who think bickering couples who hate each other is comedy gold.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Lego Movie 2 is going to have some rad Fury Road-esque sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I enjoyed Incredibles 2. Nothing amazing like the first movie, but I had fun and would watch another.

My main takeaway from it is that in two movies, the incredibles have shown more creativity in using superpowers than every live action superhero film combined. That's pretty disappointing.

Oh and contra to my last point, I was a little sad we didn't get more of a brawl out of Brick vs Mr Incredible