Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh man I just noticed how his mouth looks like one of those evil, thin mustaches.

If you look even closer you'll see he does have a mustache above his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

My younger cousins hated that ending in the vein of, "Why should we give a poo poo about some live-action kid, please get just go back to the LEGO."

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 5, 2017

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Pocahontas says hello.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If I were Bi I'd take the Beast over the Beauty in this film. Emma Watson was so average and plain it felt like she was playing Belle like a bureaucrat who acts 90 percent through their eyebrows. Gaston dies not because he's a hot-blooded, heartless brute but because he's an idiot who doesn't notice where he's standing. But what really slighted me was the tone. It was like they aimed for "Darker" but instead landed into "Mean-Spirited". If the townspeople were always such jerks to Belle then she would have convinced her father to move as soon as she could talk. It bugs me when the makers dial up the misery switch in an adaptation.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Why does the cartoon princess in Pick's avatar have a gaping head wound?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The second Cable-TV episode of Rick and Morty was entirely ad-libbed, and it sucked. Even Justin Roiland said people shouldn't get excited over that episode.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Hedrigall posted:

Cute game with adorable hand drawn animation out now on multiple consoles including Switch:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eYXzXBbFKOY

Just thought y'all should know :3:

Steam port in two months? Boo.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Only the first 14 episodes of Brotherhood are rushed, because they really didn't want to remake material covered by the first anime more than they had to. After that point it shifts completely as it sticks to the manga, instead of needing to go off into that dark tangent of the first anime. Outside of the first 14 episodes the show mostly keeps pace with the source material. Maes Hughes dies in Volume 3 of 27 while he dies in episode 10 of 64 in Brotherhood. Also there's no stupid Robocop guy.

"I've got your soul, brother!"

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Pixeltendo posted:

The New Mickey mouse shorts

Season 4 airs in a week.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It must be sad watching Babylon 5 cast reunions because there's no one on stage except several coffins, and Bruce Boxleitner.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace from Wallace & Gromit, passed away at 96.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Antz will forever be that loving terrifying movie with the termites and magnifying glass.

Whatever happened to Paul Dini that he wants to pursue that gross Bruce Wayne/ Barbara Gordon pairing?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Unmature posted:

And no Morning Report song.

So that's a plus?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Robindaybird posted:

Just avoid tumblr if you plan to watch Gravity Falls blind, because the loving fandom is obsessed with a walking spoiler and are really bad about not marking spoilers

Some people just love pyramids.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't remember a critically-and-commercially-good film set on Mars that wasn't Total Recall.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

It helps that the The Iron Giant is an adaptation completely divorced from The Iron Man, because the author Ted Hughes was a total oval office.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

He's ancient, he's ugly, I don't know which is worse...

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Pyrotoad posted:

If I remember correctly, most of the animation crew ended up being absorbed by Ghibli.

Must have ended up on that Earthsea movie.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

YggiDee posted:

Villain songs are the best because the villain is usually having the time of their evil little lives while singing. Also Ursula's pretty great, love her design, love her going full-ham on folks, octopus are cool, I love that up until now there's an evil sea-witch just hanging out and ruining folks lives with contracts and crooked deals.

That Hans fellow really needed a solo song to show off his villainy, instead he has that one love-duet (which is secretly about his desire for huge tracks of land) and that's it. He wasn't even the cause of the movie's conflict, and I still don't know how his hasty regicide plan was supposed to work.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Only when all the Elvis impersonators are dead will Elvis come out of hiding.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Or the onion-ogre analogy.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Batman and Robin would be a live-action example of casting celebrities over the right talent with Schwarzenegger as Fries. The later Batman movies would opt for casting actors who can sustain a movie while not being tabloid-fodder like Bale, Oldman, Ledger, Hardy. We got some good ice puns out of Arnie-Fries but we missed the man who could summon emotion despite his clinical monotone:

"I failed you. I wish there were another way for me to say it. I cannot. I can only beg for your forgiveness, and pray you can hear me somehow, someplace... someplace where a warm hand waits for mine"

Beauty and the Beast '17 has a million things wrong with it, but it's real fault was casting Emma Watson as the lead instead of an unknown actress who could actually sing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Geoffrey Owens was in the Cosby Show and he's fondly regarded for his teaching of Shakespeare

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The added scene where the staff of the castle all "die" was messed up, and not in a good way.

Lindsay Ellis has an excellent video on the subject.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Does Chris Tucker have range beyond high-pitched comic-relief? I don't know if he was morevor less annoying than the gargoyles.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Mamkute posted:

The outside scenes in Inside Out are so well executed that there is no need to have a management simulator gimmick world outside of just doing it through dream sequences. I'll give the movie points though, for not having a "bad guy" that needs to be punted off the nearest cliff, as the internal and familial conflicts are sufficient.

The problem with the movie is the central conceit of the movie?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

The worst kind of retelling is the one that relies on rote-copying instead of re-inventing. It's the difference between bluntly translating and localizing.

Breaking Bad got a shot-for-shot remake in Colombia and it looked like one of those intentionally bad shows-within-a-show you see in comedies.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What is going on with his right ankle? His two shoes are different shapes.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I'm looking forward to aptly named Downhill.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

And unlike Peter Parker from the MCU who has sequels lined-up despite getting dusted, Mile's Peter Parker is unambiguously dead. And then he meet's up with Alt-Peter-Parker who's 38, living like a slob, out-of-shape, and divorced. Alt-Peter gets better but Mile's Peter is gone. Maybe in a sequel his Aunt May and MJ will get closure because this movie is packed enough.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

They were going to have Tobey Maguire reprise his role at one point, but they figured he'd garner too much attention away from Miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Into the Spiderverse shares a lot of production staff who made The Emoji Movie. It brings to mind that even terrible films have a lot of craft put into them like the CGI, costuming, acting, make-up, animation, set-design etc. It's just that this effort goes unappreciated when the premise, script or subsequent execution proceed to sink the film. If Lord and Miller can make a dime out of a two-hour toy-commercial, a comedy based on a tv-show nobody remembers, and an animated apology for the last three Sony Spider-Man movies, then god knows another creative-lead with enough executive-clout and skill could have made the Emoji Movie into a 3/5 masterpiece. Worked for Jumanji 2.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Dec 18, 2018