Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Don't forget that the co-producer of Shrek tried to double down on the fairytale pastiche in 2007 with this stinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUkHirP4ztA

I watched that on F2A TV once because I was bored and had nothing to do. It's an even more difficult slog than Shrek 3 which is certainly saying something. I was thinking of trying to sit through the second one on Netflix or something but the animation makes me want to puke.

edit: At least Hoodwinked 1 was a fun movie despite how awful the animation was, Happily N'ever After doesn't even have that going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Guys, Captain Underpants looks like it might be... good? At the very least, it looks like it should be fun.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Two things

1) LEGO Batman owned hard; it's great to look at, hilarious and treats the Batman universe with a ton of respect and love. The most surprising performance was actually Zack Galafinakis as the Joker because I was convinced the entire time it was Patton Oswalt but basically everyone is great especially Will Arnett
who is one of my favourite actors.

2) Pocahontas is boring as gently caress. Well animated and Savages is pretty great but it doesn't have much going for it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

My sister was in Japan earlier this year but sadly she couldn't get tickets (or something) for the Ghibli museum. She did however get me an adorable plush catbus

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

So to me Boss Baby comes across like it was re-written. I mean spy stories in children's media is so dime a dozen nowdays.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Similarly, one of the best animated films in recent years was Shaun the Sheep, which is the very definition of simple, low-key entertainment.

Shaun the Sheep is just real good in general. I genuinely really love the TV show because Aardman are really good at conveying characters without dialogue.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I watched Storks on netflix the other day, what a film that offered very little outside of "aw how cute" poo poo. The only real positives are the Wolves, the Penguin fight and Toady Pigeon while there isn't much else going on. It's such a waste of Andy Samberg who I'm generally a fan of.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/SMonsterMash/status/882064167301242881

I need to watch this movie and I need to do a podcast or something on it.

:stare: they never found the bodies of his victims

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Oh god it's coming out on my birthday in Australia. Welp, guess what will be my present to me from me.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

starkebn posted:

so, has noone watched Cars 3 then?

I doubt anyone here wants to admit watching it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

starkebn posted:

Are you in Brisbane out some other Australian city? If Brisbane which cinema is it?

Hedrigall posted:

Nah, Canberra. But it's a Dendy thing and I think there's a Dendy in Brisbane so check if they're doing it there too :)

There's a Dendy Cinemas in Hamilton which is starting showing them on the 24th. I might ask my younger sister if she wants to head to Kiki's or Laputa

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Oh, well that figures.

From what I gather it's a fairly typical Adam Sandler waste of time, though at least with the interesting theme of a man having to come to terms with a deep, repressed grief.

Don't even consider watching it, 8 Crazy Nights is the dirt loving worst.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXIzyquw-kc

This is one that I like. It's pixel art by Paul Robertson of Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Mercenary Kings & Australian Pokedex fame.

edit: Honestly I just really like Architecture in Helsinki. This is the only animated music video that they've done and it's just a fun track to go along with it.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

I just want to watch Fillmore legally

I found Fillmore really boring when I was younger, it wasn't until I watched an episode of it on youtube a year or two ago when I found out it was actually pretty fantastic.