Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Shrek is good

Monsters Inc. is better, but Shrek is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I somehow only just realized that How The Grinch Stole Christmas was directed and co-produced by Chuck Jones, and now I'm mildly ashamed.

...also I liked The Phantom Tollbooth...

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Also his arms are the wrong color.

I know that's the least of this design's problems, but it's usually an omen for other, more major things going south. (...Though Sonic Boom has some decent comedic writing.)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Guy Mann posted:

Are you seriously bitching that his shoes are different when it's been almost two decades since he started rocking Soap shoes and they've been redesigned with every new iteration since. This is like when the Tron Legacy trailer dropped and people were complaining that the light cycles weren't making 90 degree turns when that was something straight from the original movie, people who don't actually have any knowledge of or familiarity with the thing being updated are the ones crying loudest out of some weird reflexive outrage at change.
Speaking as somebody who does have knowledge and familiarity with the thing being updated, I just have to :goonsay: that Sonic's shoes actually haven't really changed. They used the Soap Shoe design for Adventure 2 and immediately went back to the Adventure design (which was basically the classic design with a white sole) from then onward - probably in no small part due to Soap Shoes going out of business.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I'm out of the loop, what did Joss Whedon and Linkara do exactly

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Linkara didn't do anything afaik (he's certainly squeaky clean compared some of the other people who ran Channel Awesome and the nostalgia critic), but it's still funny that tv tropes listed him (and some other dudes) over any female feminists
Oh, phew, okay. Was worried that practically everyone I liked at CA was tainted now, with Doug and JewWario already being damaged goods after the whole #ChangeTheChannel exposé.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Linkara was one of the main contributors to said exposé
Indeed he was, which is why I was worried he suddenly had some baggage too to make it an "all sides are horrible" situation.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Why is Jafar hot, tho

Like, wasn't part of the appeal of that character how blatantly slimy and untrustworthy he looked? I don't really get that from the live action Jafar, I just get "Jafar's young and hot now".

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Animation Thread 2019: Disney Sequels For Days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Animation Thread 2019: Because What's "Live-Action" About the New Lion King, Really