Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Das Boo posted:

Meg and Kuzco are the best Disney princesses, bar none.
Counterpoint: Nick Wilde is clearly best Disney princess. Just look at him:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/AceNoi/status/827279369135550464

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

It's not even Larry confessing he loves you, he's just passing along the message that God loves you.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Watching a Lewis Black interview on The Late Show and... wait, Lewis Black is in Rock Dog?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Just wait for Zootwopia to cover the (apparently designed but unused) Outback District, I'm sure that won't make you cringe at all!

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Probably the former, since they presumably already justified its existence when they laid out the city in preparation for writing the film.

Also, for whatever reason, this is playing the entire time, despite nothing warranting it playing occurring.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

I can't believe you didn't link to Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport.
Perhaps I should've gone with "Pub with No Beer" or its sequel.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

They didn't call it Splatwon, so it definitely won't be Zootwopia. Sorry. :(
It's Spla2n to me, dammit

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Personally, I'm more impressed with how Descent turned "Death of Ase" into a poppin' techno piece, but that's not exactly animation, so

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

If only the PS4 came with a dedicated Share button or something!

Sarcasm aside, ya just hit that button and you can upload to YouTube or Twitter or whatever.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

As I recall, another wrinkle in the Infinity fabric is that the game mode you're all expressing distaste for was only the Toybox mode, and that there were several game packs covering various films that basically doubled as proper game adaptations of the films in question in their own right - that is, if they weren't forcing you to use Infinity, they'd have been pretty good standalone games. Some examples of that include Inside Out and The Force Awakens, to my recollection. Plus, Sumo Digital (Sonic and All-Stars Racing: Transformed, among other racing games) got to make a kart racing mode of some sort that was apparently pretty good, from what I've heard.

Would've been nice if Zootopia had gotten one of those game packs, though I'm guessing there hadn't been plans for it when Infinity shut down - I mean, you'd think it'd have launched alongside the figures.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Clock King? (Bonus points if it's the Batman: TAS version, Temple Fugate.)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Went to Chinatown the other day for Chinese New Year. Saw some bootlegs in the shops:

Where did your feet go?

For some reason these were lacking mouths and had the white much higher on the face. Nick doesn't have the pattern on his shirt. These plushes also came in a much bigger size.
Well if Disney's hardly gonna merchandise the franchise at this point, somebody was gonna fill the void

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

I haven't seen Cars 2 btw, is it worth it? (PS I hate the redneck truck)
Maybe exactly once, particularly if you like spy movies. I sort of enjoyed it when I saw it, but at the same time have very little desire to return to it. (Also, I didn't hate Mater going in, which probably helped immeasurably.)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

It's a fair complaint, I suppose. I mean:

Andorra posted:

What I don't like about recent disney movies is how characters

all

look

the same

Even a rabbit

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Macaluso posted:

Counterpoint: they don't look the same

This is like that dumb thing I've seen posted that had Steven Universe, Gumball, Dipper and I think Clarence and was like CARTOONS ALL LOOK THE SAME NOWADAYS

I mean sure if you're an idiot
The eyes are pretty similar across the entire set, at least - even across completely different species.

Except Go Go Tomago in the middle there; she kinda stands out and I'm not sure why she was lumped in here.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

starkebn posted:

there has to be some other "foreign" mythology or legend they can butcher for a 2D film right?
Assuming they don't use them all up on their 3D films (eg: Moana with the legend of Maui), I'm sure they can find something.

But even then, they've started creating original stories entirely, like Zootopia or Wreck-It Ralph!, or started adapting really obscure Marvel properties like Big Hero 6, so they've got a fair bit to work with before we hit that point.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Skimming Animation Thread 2016 to try and find that brief clip somebody posted of Zootopia with Descriptive Audio turned on. Surprisingly hard to find! (EDIT: found it)

Also:

https://twitter.com/comedysavage/status/831305585777901568

Drifter posted:

"Most Disney princesses wear a ring. This Princess dominates one."

- Punch -
coming 2019
Why is this not a real movie

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 14, 2017

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Assuming they don't just skip to the last page to see what people are saying about the animated film du jour.

...like I did back when Zootopia was in theaters

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Considering I was also super into the film and looking for another place to gush: no, not really!

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Good to see a good idea is resonating outside of our little bubble.

Oh, and since nobody followed through on the "every page" threat from a page ago, I'll take one for the team this time:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

"Fear always works, mistah J!"

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

That does seem like Moana's getting a bit more in bonus features than Zootopia did (even the Target versions with extra content focusing on Wild Times), but then I half-suspect that, despite the long list, it'll all last about as long as it took to go through Zoo's stuff (half-an-hour to an hour tops).

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Well, that's still pretty substantial, actually; adding up their figures (no idea if it's rounded up or down), that's 114 minutes (nearly 2 hours) of extra stuff. Not too shabby.

Or should I say

Crab bee

I'm not doing this again next page.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Robindaybird posted:

Found more Zootopia merch: a much bigger Clawhauser plush - thought of you Hedrigall, but it's weird JCPenneys has merch of a side character and the villain, but not the protagonists.
If I had to hazard a guess, maybe Nick and Judy sell out based on recognition, while Belwether and Clawhauser don't fare quite as well due to being side characters (at least, ignoring that one of them is the main villain of the work) and thus linger longer.

Like, when I was looking at the Tsum Tsum section in Target, I was able to find a ton of Zootopia ones - but no Nick or Judy ones. (Almost bought the plainclothes Finnick one regardless, but decided to hold off until I found one with his grumpy eyes.)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Fangz posted:

Wait so where is Nick?
Well obviously he's Te Kā, except instead of angrily throwing lava everywhere, he snarks at everyone. Returning the Heart turns him into earnest Boy Scout Nick. I guess. I haven't thought too hard about this.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I think we're in danger of veering into a fanart thread

Maybe back off the fanart before we attract the ire of the mods

Except Barrytoa, he's c- ...well, he's not cool, but he is permissible

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Another day, another Zootopia interview, though this one at least brings to light that Disney was working in a run-down warehouse for a few years during production (as the proper offices were being renovated), during which a baby possum got stuck in a vending machine. (It's unharmed!)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

I thought it was nice sharing our own art times for thread :smith:

It all fun and games until someone posts a 'taur
You know what they say: this is why we can't have nice things...

(Plus, I mean, it's Something Awful. Of course people are gonna go down that rabbit hole. There's too much :stonklol: to be had!)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Nah, I'm pretty sure they've been using both interchangeably since they made their presence blatantly known.

Hedrigall posted:

"A misogynistic rear end in a top hat" is some kind of paragon to Internet Whites
Unfortunately true.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/Classesavior/status/833570626489049088
Arguably better than Super-Forehead Belle by virtue of Funko Pops being a known quantity (ie: they're usually complete poo poo), but still pretty awful

On the other hand

https://twitter.com/cutetunax/status/833689966572077057

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Yup. Guessing the tweet got deleted, cuz it was working when I posted it, and the second tweet, a reply to the first, now isn't replying to any tweet in particular.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I guess this is what happens when I haven't seen any good animated films in a while.

In other words, I need to see LEGO Batman already. Brother saw it this weekend, summarized it as "an abridged video with a budget" (e.g.: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series). I did like that series, so that's actually kind of promising. (Not that I hadn't already seen the positive vibes surrounding it in this thread, mind...)

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Well Manicured Man posted:

I can see the resemblance now that you mention it, but if I had to summarize the Lego Batman movie in one sentence, I'd go with "What if Strong Bad was Batman?"
As a huge Homestar Runner fan back in the day, this is probably an even bigger selling point to me than YGOTAS.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

At least it has Lewis Black?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

No 🦊 given.

🐝🦀

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Pixeltendo posted:

I like this because it looks more like one of those Nightmare Heffalumps from Winnie the pooh then a amalgamate bee movie creature.
Bee Movie, But It Takes Place in the Hundred Acre Wood

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I've never actually seen Bee Movie, so I had to look that one up.

However, he clearly only had a little nausea for a few hours, but was otherwise fine.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

Think of what you could do with ten limbs :heysexy:
Wear five pairs of hot pants!

Or four, I guess, since two of those limbs would be arms presumably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch this one. I... uh, have issues watching Earth getting blown up for some reason. I tend to wind up overanalyzing everything we lose when that happens and kind of lock up.

It pisses me off, too, because I think it was the old TV show for Hitchhiker's Guide that first triggered this, and by all accounts Hitchhiker's Guide is a series that would otherwise be very much my thing.

LeJackal posted:

Disney is really good at finding animators that can do good butt wiggles....

And front wiggles...

Hedrigall posted:

Animation seems like a great career choice if you're into weird sex things