Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

SatansBestBuddy posted:

And not having a really dumb framing device with some museum kid's running commentary.

I actually believe that theory a few posts back that the Frozen short is our sacrifice for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'd be extremely surprised if Disney doesn't shutter Blue Sky as a discrete studio and move all their personnel to WDAS and/or Pixar. There's not really any reason for Disney to keep them around, given that the only thing they make is mediocre competition.

So Ice Age will finally die?!?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

YggiDee posted:

I never got around to the last episode of Samurai Jack but every time I hear someone talk about it I think maybe it's for the best?

It's not really that the actual last episode is that rage inducing or anything it's just the season as a whole deflating to that point (which I guess is probably why you never bothered catching up).

edit: It should still blow everything else in that category though.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel like if the first three episodes of season 5 were not literally art, the rest of the season wouldn't have bugged people as much.

The things set up in the beginning of the season and the things that happen at the end are connected but in a bad way. Old man untouchable samurai Jesus is so cool but by the end of the season he's literally transformed back to being a chump hero guy who gets beaten by a monster of the week made of worms. It's baffling.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

like I wasn't huge on Captain Underpants but that is a loving odd critique

I try not to make easy jokes in this vein but I feel like it's the most CineD thing ever.

vvv So is getting a poop joke. :v:

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 31, 2018

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

glam rock hamhock posted:

Zootopia is barely two years old. Getting impatient and indigent that they haven't made a sequel yet is loving bizarre and actively rooting for the worst parts of Disney.

Consumerism has ruined us.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

dogsicle posted:

Or maybe language evolves and changes over time.

Literally.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Vegetable posted:

How’s the dude a bisexual icon, I’m not opposed to the tumblr kids but this seems like a stretch even for them

It took me a second but huh he was friendlier to Mulan as a dude than a woman wasn't he.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Going to be so pumped when Hallmark releases it's radical new series on how black lives really do matter

If Hallmark funded a new series of The Boondocks I would be all for it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
They could Venture Brother's it and release 70 episodes over 20 years.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Pigbuster posted:

Learning that Lasseter stole basically the entirety of Cars was mind-boggling. I thought of that film for so long as Lasseter's love letter to small town Americana but that turned out to be a lie.

I'm so confused why would you have to steal Cars.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

AnonSpore posted:

I set Blue Eyes White Dragon face down in defense position and end my turn

You know what this redeems the whole thing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Ccs posted:

Yeah, Disney horses always have dog mannerisms. But changing the mechanism of the quadruped gait as the film progresses is a pretty neat trick to telegraph that.

I think the point is that subtly is out of place when IIRC literally the first scene with the horse is it sniffing a trail with its nose to the ground. Like it's so extreme in Tangled it loops back into hilarious.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

According to the twitter replies apparently this critic's career at the New Yorker is mostly about sneaking (?) in ways to write about his boner.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Shrek is way more relevant than Mystery Men in 2018.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
It's kinda funny how much of this conversation is "I heard X said" level hypothesizing.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

this is inaccurate. Stitch, himself, is popular in Japan. Lilo is probably the single most hated Disney character over there, though. this is why both the Japanese and Chinese adaptations of L&S go out of their way to shuffle Lilo and her family off the stage as fast and as hard as they can.

This explains so much. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LeJackal posted:

Chiwetel Ejiofor couldn't stand out in his own movie. At least half of Donald Glover's talent is in his facial expression and body movement which will be lost, and Beyonce selling records does not translate to good voice acting. Context matters.

James Earl Jones isn't even sounding all that great lately, age has caught up with him pretty hard and I don't think he'll be able to turn in a performance at the same level as his first go-round.

Basic marketing principles. Which sucks. All the money and effort could have gone into something original and better.

I'm going to bring up the elephant in the living room, but.

Is it because they're black.