Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Disney just dropped a Lion King teaser during the football game it looks pretty much like you'd expect: like The Lion King, but with the CG animals from The Jungle Book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

everyone forgets about the Rabbids man

I blew some minds at work when we were having a discussion of how annoying it is that Illumination has the rights to make a Mario movie when I told everyone that if you take a minion and just grey it up, add some ears and another eye and you have a Rabbid, and they existed years before.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Pick posted:

It doesn't matter, they'll cancel it anyway. The blurb and single teaser poster they put out will just be to deflate the accurate accusation that they only re-tread sequels now. By 2022, we'll all be safely looking forward to Monster Babies, Inc. and A Bug's Life 2.

They’ve been working on a movie featuring elves for a long rear end time now. Before it was based on a Phil Dick story but someone at that studio clearly thinks that what is missing from modern animation is some Lord of the Rings-rear end elves. (As opposed to some Santa’s Workshop-rear end elves, of course)

Edit: I have been informed that King of the Elves was a WDAS project, but if you think all that concept art for “vaguely modern elves” didn’t get shipped up to Pixar you’re crazy

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 30, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Pick posted:

I always think I'm going to make it but I cry at that drat cat cartoon every freakin time!!

i have watched it enough to know that i do not need to watch it again, especially now that my old cat passed away earlier this year. I can just skip past the blubbering and tears sitting on my bed part and go straight to the hugging my new cats part.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1070104224057442304

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I knew Emma Stone was attached to this (she has been for a while) but the whole 80s vibe feels like even more of a blatant cash grab than the blatant cash grabs they've already made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Animation Thread: Now Starring Beyonce As A Lifelike Pick