Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
As much as I hate that this poo poo happened, I'm extremely glad people are being called out for it. I don't care if it brings down all of Hollywood, I hope all the tinsel-winged angels get pulled down to earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Wait, what's wrong with Your Name's ending?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

paradoxGentleman posted:

Oh look, another animated movie with a POC protagonist that gets transformed into a cute animal so movie-goers don't have to be vaguely uncomfortable about watching a not-white protagonist, but the company still gets credit for being so progressive. whoop whoop. Let's just put it in the pile with Princess and the Frog and Mother Bear and Emperor's New Groove.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but couldn't articulate what was bothering me while watching the trailer. "Man, I really would rather have watched the movie without the twist, it seems a little... unpleasant." Yeah, that specific scenario does seem to happen quite a lot. Also he should at least be a black pigeon but that's just aesthetic coherence rather than anything problematic. Also also, his lips being so high and close to his nose kinda grosses me out, but that's just character design I guess.