Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Werner Herzog as Detective Pikachu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Wheat Loaf posted:

Because when I rewatched it, him suddenly freaking out that the hyenas don't call him "Mr Pig" at the end felt a bit out of nowhere; of course, it's not something I'd have thought about at all when I was little, so it's no big deal.

It’s a reference to the 1970 Sidney Poitier film They Call Me Mister Tibbs!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

I am someone that DOES NOT CARE about product placement in movies. At all. Products exist in every direction I look in real life at all waking hours of the day, seeing a real life product in a movie doesn't even cross my mind.

I actually really, super enjoyed what I saw in Into the Spider-Verse's trailer. The part where Miles swings by a billboard and it says "Koca-Soda" in a familliar font. When I first saw that, I immediately knew what it was riffing on, and I figured it was just referencing a brand while still remaining legally distinct. Then, in a later trailer, we see Peter swinging by the same billboard, and it actually does have the Coca-Cola logo. I thought that was a really neat way to incorporate brand placement and serve the story at the same time. It punctuates that Miles is from a universe similar to ours, but with some fundamental differences. It's obvious product placement, yeah, but it has a purpose. I thought that was neat.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

porfiria posted:

George Lucas’s last ditch attempt to destroy western civilization.

Evidently he succeeded.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Unsettling.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sonic’s Weirdly Human Thighs was my favourite emo band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Calling it now.

Sonic has two eyes.

Riots ensue.