Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Alternatively don't play Kingdom Hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Nomura didn't even know he was directing the FF7 remake until the announcement trailer came out, presumably so Square could at least get a bit of work done.

One day, Nomura walked into the office and told everyone he was going to make FFXV a musical.

This was a few years into development.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was gonna make a joke about Mikey's short stint in the Trenchcoat Mafia, but holy poo poo that clip. Goofy as a Jesus figure.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I saw this at a used toy store today:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nah, I don't think I've got any Lion King merchandise or Hot Wheels since 1995. I'm certain those will be there for a long time to come.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Buy them for me :B

If they're in the shop next time I'm there, absolutely. Might be a few months.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Randomly browsing on youtube has made me realize that today's generation of children are going to reveretly post about Ilumination movies and Boss Baby in forums like these in twenty years the way people post about Disney renaissance era movies today.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Harold Krell posted:

Oh god, was it Miracle Mouse?

I think it's also famous for having one of Ernest Borgnine's final speaking roles. :shepface:

He had a long career, but I'm certain that his biggest lasting lagacy is gonna be Mermaid Man. I saw an interview where he said he was speaking to a little girl, who had no idea who he was, and then asked if she watched SpongeBob, and she got super excited when he said he was Mermaid Man. He seemed like such a nice man.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

I really wanted to like Home, but I have an irrational fear of alien invasions ever since I saw War of the Worlds at a very impressionable age. It's stupid, but I couldn't enjoy the goofy alien parts at all just because I was internally horrified the whole time. Also, I figured out what the conclusion was going to be really early into the movie which was kind of lame.

That said, I liked Tip a lot, she was an awesome protagonist and her mom was really cool. I also really loved the way her hair animated :3:.

I remember my babysitter rented Scream when it came out so she could watch it and then she rented me a movie to watch alone upstairs. It was Mars Attacks and ho boy did it gently caress me over for a while. I didn't realize it was a comedy for like a decade.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I should start a support group for folks like us.

I would have been better off watching Scream.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Robindaybird posted:

I walked in while my parents were watching Terminator 2, and it was right with Sarah's Dream.

Ugh, yeah.

I was a good bit older when T3 came out, but the ending unnerved me quite a bit. That resignation that the world has effectively ended made me different than any apocalyptic movies I'd seen before that. The movie wasn't even that good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Don't get me wrong, I watched the hell out of Jurassic Park, Predator, and Tremors. But the kid brain just doesn't get a choice in what freaks you out and Mars Attacks did me in.

Jurassic Park did give me nightmares for a while. I remember one where raptors attacked my school. I jumped in front of my friend to save him and then seeing my severed head roll down a drainage ditch. Didn't stop me from wearing out that Jurasic Park VHS.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

This is I think the only reason people can only recall Jake Su-lee's name.

It's funny. Lotta classic action movies get by the sheer charisma of the actor that you never learn the character's name. Without looking it up, see if you could remember Arnold's character's name from Predator. You can't. No one knows it. Yet, people remember Jakesu-lee's name because of that, despite the actor being the living embodiment of white noise.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Dutch Schaeffer.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe Predator wasn't the best choice.

The only way you could have known that is if you are Mac from Sunny. :colbert:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Chester Cheetah got old.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Space Jam had some actual actors in it too, like Wayne Knight, Bill Murray and... was Jason Alexander in there? Probably him too.

I'm imagining Bill Hader interacting with Daffy for some reason.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia​ isn't showing any signs of decline.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace from Wallace & Gromit, passed away at 96.

I never knew his voice actor was that old. 96 is a good age.

It's gonnna be a real shame when Gromit's voice actor dies.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

For better or for worse, Emoji Movie is going to save Sony Pictures.

I almost accidentally typed Sin Pictures and considered leaving it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why would I spend thousands of dollars on a puppy mill raised dog when I can save one's life for $50 from a rescue?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Das Boo posted:

You're a monster. I bet you've never bought a diamond OR golfed a day in your life!

Extremely guilty.

:getin:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They should reboot Avatar The Last Airbender to be accurate to the periodic table of elements.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Barudak posted:

Can anyone confirm if Despicable Me 3 continues the egregious attitudes of the second film towards non traditional parent structures?

Gru's wife is pregnant and they decide that biological children are better than adopted ones.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hub was a cool network. Family Ties, Doogie Howser, Transformers, and Batman TAS was a solid lineup.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I forgot about Aquabats and Dan Vs.

Both were fantastic. It took me a while to figure out if I loved or hated it, but I ended up loving it. Everyone knows a Dan.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Shows like that that are specifically for really young kids, the kind of thing you'd see on Nick Jr, were sometimes some of the weirdest stuff. Years and years ago I saw this show called Wonder Pets, and it starred... a duck? I think? And a hamster? And something else. And they had a little song they sung too. And they just went around saving animals who were in dire need. But like one was a BABY ELEPHANT who was stuck in a tree somehow?? I also remember there was one where a pidgeon or... something, wanted to join as a fourth member but he kept loving things up and most of the episode was them trying to get rid of him cause he was too much of a fuckup to join the team.

I must have seen this in a YTMND or thought I hallucinated it until I decided to check if it actually happened.
The Wonder Pets mull over their dining and urinary habits.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

That movie looks like poo poo, but some of those faces look pretty good, and the others seem like between-frames. I dunno, the animation is probably the least of that movie's problems.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can believe that.

Remember the Tom and Jerry movie where they talked? I only have vague memories of it, but I can see how it didn't become a classic staple.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Who wants to watch a world of animated penises?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAHr-YwegAw
Tags: :nws: :catdrugs::stare:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They reused that plotpoint, but in a pretty minor way that brought new light to the original. I thought that was pretty great.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pixar should do more Kurosawa adaptations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

And Hopper is a pretty great villain. "Rule number one of being in charge: everything is your fault." And knowing entirely the moment the ants realise they can just gang up on the grasshoppers, they're turbofucked. It's a great communist movie.

For a second there, I forgot that this was the villain's name and was wondering how I could forget Dennis Hopper was in the movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Stan Lee is my favorite Disney Princess.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Seeing Buzz and Woody speak Japanese was pretty surreal.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

We really do have it good. I can't imagine what it's like to be a child who grew up with streaming. I was at a friend's house and his girlfriend's six year old daughter didn't understand why we couldn't fast forward whatever it was on live TV we were watching.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://youtu.be/cuF9aZxoipE

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Castlevania is also a weird release as it did start out as a direct to DVD movie series back in 2007.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

An interesting side by side of Toy Story and the new Kingdom Hearts 3 footage.
https://youtu.be/tkDadVrBr1Y
Are we in the future where video games are finally Toy Story quality? Well, kinda, yeah!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Critics say Emoji Movie is bad. Let the KIDS watch what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ugh, I hope the advertising for the apps didn't fund the entire production.