Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did you not accomplish all your 2016 video game goals? It's okay, neither has anyone else. I've made this thread so that you can tell us all what you plan on accomplishing in the new year. Whether it be completing games, designing games, selling games, buying games, not playing games or something else, just let us know. Once you complete a resolution, let us know and make a new one.

Please keep things to three or below. If you want some advice on what game to play, post a few to choose from and we will give you some feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My resolutions:

For me, I have three resolutions:

1 - To play and finish Dark Souls. I have hated this game every time I have played it. I don't like the look or the controls. But I watched a youtube video that struck me as interesting. The basic premise is that by playing DS, one might increase their patience and focus. It seems that going into the game as a means personal growth has merit.

2 - To sell 1/3 to 1/2 of my collection. It's gotten way out of hand, and it doesn't fit in my cabinet any more:

3 - To finish any 2017 game before I purchase a new one. This is mainly focused on the Switch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Random Stranger posted:

I do know what Japanese video game I want to translate: the super obscure Momotarou Dentetsu for the Famicom. It's the first of a thirty year long series of games that had nearly yearly releases and is effectively unknown. Admittedly, I don't think it's a very good game, but it's the obscureness of it that's drawing me to doing it. I hope to be able to translate it over the summer.

I'm curious how this is going to work. Are you going to break it down to the source code to inject the English into the actual game? Have you done this sort of thing in the past?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I started DS a bit early. This is my 3rd time playing. I made it past the Asylum boss finally. This was in part because I finally figured out how to use the stupid Estus Flask. Could probably beat him w/out the Estus were I to do it again. But hooray for me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

-Finish Titanfall 2 single player
-Finish cod single player.
-See if NBA 2k career mode is any good this year
-Finish Dishonored 2. Just like the last one I lost interest about a third in.
-Actually try Hitman beyond the tutorial.
-Decide if I care about seeing the second half of Final Fantasy 15.
-Try Madden 17. Bought it on Black Friday and ignored it since.
-Try Street Fighter V.
-Try telltale Batman.

I bought way too many games this fall.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

idgi

Edit: oh three or below? Oops. I read at least 60% of the OP I swear.

There is no try, only do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of DS again. I think I might start over. I chose some ring that regens health. Seems useless. Also, not sure I like the knight...he feels slow.

• Locked thread