Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm more of an rear end in a top hat Thaumaturgist. When someone annoys me, I made the soles of their shoes fall out. Hope that's ok :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so I've detected a group of dwarves moving through the woods by my tower. So far they solved my hedge maze riddle, crossed my sorrowful swamp and iced the trolls I had hunting for them.

I'm honestly bored up here and I'm thinking to just head down there and mix it up with them myself... what should I do? Werewolf Potion? Demonic Possession? I have a genie's lamp I can probably get some sick spells out of but honestly I kinda want to just hulk out, maybe do the bone dragon thing.

What's your favorite way to get up close & personal?

Don't know anything about your combat advice, but if you really want to throw dwarves for a loop, here's a Thaumaturgy for Assholes trick I picked up in college: set up some drinks for them. Suspicious or not, the stubby pricks will chug them anyway since booze is booze and they're basically immune to any poison. Now, beforehand, fortify the drinks with some extra alcohol that's been mixed with a tiny amount of wood ash, ground charcoal, or powdered iron, and make sure you keep a few drams of the mixture back in your possession. About 10-15 minutes after consumption, re-bind your reserved alcohol to the stuff in their systems, and then neutralize the alcohol. I use an alchemical counter-reagent, but I guess classically trained wizards would use some basic Transmutation and save time. Long story short, the dwarves should be completely flash-sobered, which, depending on how much they already had in their systems, will range from extreme hangovers to mild states of physical shock. Then I guess you could go beat them up easier.

Most of you probably got the basics of Thaumaturgy during transmutation lessons (or some teaching methods of hexing, apparently, in the south), but if not, just find any journeyman-level thatumaturgical incunabulum for the process. Also, no, this binding doesn't you change it into poison, that would require a different setup that I never learned because I'm not a murderous rear end in a top hat. You could, however, go the other way and retroactively boost the alcohol. One of my buddies accidentally hospitalized a few elves after pulling that stunt with their wine.

• Locked thread