Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
imo too many wizards of the current generation lean too hard on the old spells, searing the flesh from the bones of your enemies with fire magic, corrupting their innards with dark magic, freezing their blood with ice magic, so on and so forth. get creative, mix up your magics, how long has it been since you heard of a wizard tearing someone's limbs off with hands made from the earth, or using air magic to force your foe to fall eternally until he is either slowly flayed or starves to death? it's these kinds of things that will set you apart from just yet another generic wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
lately my ritual circles haven't been performing up to snuff, i've been attempting to summon pit fiends from the bowels of hell but all i get is a couple lousy skeletons and maybe an imp. is there a good spell for checking the expiration date on powdered ruby and emerald? i'm worried that might be my problem.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ChaseSP posted:

You probably got powdered glass instead of running ruby and emerald. Don't cheap out by getting prepared ingredients and this won't happen. Check and raid your local gem mine.

i got run out of my last necromancer's tower and have never dealt with prepared ingredients before, some sword wielding jackass came in and cut up all my minions before quaffing about twenty different potions and trying to hit me in the face. trying to get established in a new location but it's pretty difficult if the locals are going to shortchange me.

the pit fiend was supposed to dig the mine :(

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bud K ninja sword posted:

:lol: yeah you have fun with that. im sure that 2 million year old pit fiend will recall digging you a gem mine fondly.

the devil's in the details, literally, thankfully i was able to escape with the spirit of a lawyer that i encased in crystal and brainwashed for this purpose

now demons on the other hand, total brutes and i hate dealing with them

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

You think a pit fiend is going to use a loving shovel? What's with you man?

more reagents than sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
although i guess my specific problem at this point is i don't have any reagents

• Locked thread