Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prophet45
Aug 26, 2008
Hey, I have a bit of a problem. I'm not really an evil wizard as such, but lately a bunch of my non-wizard buddies have been getting all up in my business, taking all kinds of poo poo about my magics being evil and unnatural, and claiming that my power is corrupting me and that kind of thing.

A lot of this,I think, is coming from some frankly outdated ideas about some types of magic being inherently bad. I mean, sure I've raised a bunch of corpses into an unholy semblance of life, and sure, I've conjured up some abominations from the fiery depths of hell, but why does everyone get their codpieces I such a twist about it? Someone needs to clean and guard this route tower, and all those bodies are just lying about, no use to anyone.

And sure, demons are evil and horrible, but the way I see it, as long as Jex’tarr the blasphemous eye, destroyer of princes is locked up in my summoning circle, teaching me all about the secrets of time and the spaces behind, at least she's not out somewhere stirring up poo poo, right?

(Also, she's a great drinking buddy, once you get her to quit whining about not getting to feast on the blood of the innocent. Seriously great stories, and so much fun, if a little dark some times)

Anyhow, I really like these guys, particularly this one paladin chick I'm sort of into, but they just won't stop bugging me about this. I'm thinking that full on dominating their frail little mortal minds into cutting it the gently caress out would be a little mean, but maybe something a little milder?

Does anyone perhaps know a hex to make them a little more open minded to different kinds of magic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prophet45
Aug 26, 2008
Yeah, I'll freely admit that I'm kinda new to this, though I did get named top three up and coming wizards of Cerilia this year!
I really just got into this gig to find my father's murderer, but as I'm learning new stuff, I'm really beginning to see how crucially o underutilized a lot of magic really is.
Maybe especially with all my demon friend is teaching me, though I know to take all that with a little scepticism.

By the way, logically I know you're all absolutely right, both about Jex'tarr and the paladin, it's just that it's hard not to think about what could be, you know.
Now I'm thinking of maybe just gently nudging her towards falling from grace. Just a little, I'm not talking full on blackguard here, but maybe a little less smiting, and a little more open mindedness.

Guess I'll just engineer an excuse for a party tonight, get everyone good and drunk, and bust out some little enchantments.
Hopefully, tomorrow we can all go back to vanquishing evil (no offence guys, but I'm really not evil) and making the world a better place together, without me having to defend the ethics of mind controlling evil warlords' families into murdering them.

prophet45
Aug 26, 2008
I just want to say that I've been having so much fun with a little trick I thought up; instead of reanimating a bunch of villagers as zombies, I've turned them into flesh golems! It's a little more expensive, but it's driving the local priests absolutely nuts.
They keep trying to turn them with the divine powers that they beg from their gods, and then get all confused when it doesn't work, as they're constructs and not undead!
I even saw one priest that got away loudly curse her god for seemingly abandoning them. Great fun all around!

• Locked thread