Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Dare you enter my magical realm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I normally don't post on E/N but I'm really in a crisis right now, I just feel directionless and I don't know what to do with my life. Analysis paralysis I guess you'd call it? On one hand you got your lichdom, you could go for vampirism, but on the other hand there's also the whole selling your soul thing. Even if I sell my soul there's just so many choices, you know? I mean, devil lords, demon princes, eldritch horrors from beyond the rim of the universe, they're all going to offer different dark boons. On one hand if I go the devil or demon route there's the whole eternity of torment thing but the eldritch horror causes a lifetime of insanity more often then not. I can dabble in a little necromancy here and a little thaumaturgy there but I'm really starting to get the idea that I have to buckle down and pick one route to ultimate power and stick with it. I went to a therapist and he suggested a book on mindfulness, well, I gave that a try but it just sounded like a bunch of pseudoreligious gobbledegook to me, when I told him that he said that I should Frankenstein up an Ubermench and then swap my soul into it. I don't want to be resistant to therapy but I just, I don't know, I'm not completely happy with the body I've got but I've been dragging around this carcass for thirty eight years, I kinda want to stick with it for at least the next millenium. Whatever I do, I need to make a decision soon, I'm not getting any younger or more evil. Help me out E/N, please. (Or I'll murder your families and put a blight on your crops.) Now if you're some kind of hero or paladin or something don't even bother responding, maybe that "repent my sins and pray to Deus to forgive my crimes against the natural order" crap works for some people but that's not me.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Uh, sir, this is a topic for evil wizards, not evil clowns.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Commoners posted:

I accidentally left the secret exit that leads back to the entrance of my dungeon so that I don't have to backtrack open, and adventurers entered my loot room and took everything. I didn't have all of my art pieces and magical equipment listed out or appraised for value, how should I go about contacting my dungeon owner's insurance to try to get at least some of the value back from what was stolen? :smith:

e: Most of the equipment was cursed, iirc. Does the insurance fully cover the loss of cursed items, or do they devalue them due to the curses?

Oh they covered this in one of the optional workshops last year but you might have missed it because they had the soul swapping seminar at the same time. It's important to turn towards an (imaginary?) audience and say "...just as planned" in a low, sinister voice with your fingers steepled and an evil grin on your face. It won't get any of your poo poo back but it makes you feel a lot better. Doesn't matter if anybody sees you do it, doesn't matter if it's actually true.

I wouldn't even gently caress with the insurance if you don't have your ducks in a row, I mean consorting with nether beasts and eldritch horrors is one thing but those insurance guys are bad news.

• Locked thread