Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
ive actually gotten really into melding my hexes as of late. you just store them in the very threads of your being, and just waving your hand with a truncated incantation will do the trick. very good for saving time on extra wordy or lengthy spells (think lunarmancy, heliomancy and child-slaughter spells).

think of it like downloading a few copies of Tim Allen's Home Improvement 3D onto your xbox one's harddrive to save time on loading screens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

poverty goat posted:

most animals actually have dick bones

they'll actually take you to the bone-zone

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

nomadologique posted:

do not do this, this guy is tricking you, he is going to take your 20g and lock of banshee hair and leave you high and dry. he told me he would get me a bag of "the best Outworld reagents" and all i got was crumbled kobold oats. ffs.

you still need crumbled kobold oats for advanced alchemy, though. apparently you can mix Koats with vanilla extract to potentially get platinum out of your transmutations.

anyway, I've been working on a new spell these last few days. hopefully it comes together over the cauldron!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Arkanomen posted:

"Cauldron", Get out of here witch. This is a safe space for Wizards Weaving Their Own Way.
wizards can use cauldrons too, oval office.

Arkanomen posted:

Why should I waste my precious mana on some painted up hedge-crone succubus who will leave me for a warlock when the moment seizes them when I can summon literal succubi that will honor our infernal contract to the letter, no questions asked.
you CANT SUMMON SUCCUBI, NOR ARE YOUR MAJYYKS INFERNAL

Arkanomen posted:

Witches are everything that is wrong with magic society. Rhyming ingredient lists for potions, exposing their legs while riding a phallic symbol, cackling in public spaces...
all very true, but I'd appreciate a bit of empathy.

Arkanomen posted:

associating with satyrs.
I'M NOT A DRUID

Arkanomen posted:

Days where witches were respectable and understood their place in the harem-thrall of proud wizards.
you are why feminism exists.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

sweet geek swag posted:

Any interdimensional travelers here? What would be a more efficient method of moving a giant undead army to one of the infernal planes, opening a portal directly from one of my places of power, or plane shifting to my destination and summoning from there? It should be noted that while I am an accomplished summoner, I am not quite as skilled at sending things to other planes. Oh I can banish things with the best of them, but only one person/monster at a time.

dash a transportation token (something inanimate but large) with mountain lilly, it'll keep the portal open for a longer period of time. Cotton will expand the entrance for larger transportation jobs.

You'll definitely want to play with the proportions, but don't use too much of either reagent. Portals which are too big may begin to gain a gravitational quality which will suck things in. The big problem with this is that, after a while, objects will be sucked into one side, ejected at the other, then sucked back in before they get too far from the portal. After the portal has grown large enough, objects will begin to exhibit a "swinging" behavior as they move from one side of the portal to the other, then back again. When the portal finally closes, these objects will be ejected like projectiles and may injure standerbys.

It's all fun and games until your undead army becomes another bone fiesta

Fun Fact of the day: Cottoning a portal is doubly-effective when the cotton is picked by Welpshire Imps!

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 17, 2017

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I don't get it, all students enrolling in the dark arts sign waivers. You're not teaching at a good college, right?

awwkkkwwwwaaarddddddddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

Speleothing posted:

That's why I'm all about the elementalism as a solid foundation for later work

Hahah hey guys get a lode of this nerd.

Why do you like elementalism, bud? does it help you get your rocks off?

• Locked thread