Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Hi thread, I'm visiting Seattle in November for work. Should be there for four days, two working + Saturday and Sunday. What non-touristy but cool things should I check out while I'm there? I may eventually relocate from Texas to Seattle for work as well, and my wife is a Teacher, so these recent posts are interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

HEY NONG MAN posted:

This thread may be more appropriate.

If you’re coming for PAX no one wants to talk about PAX so don’t bring up PAX.

Thanks for the link, I was following for political news and didn't realize there was a local thread. Also, not coming for PAX, I don't even work in that industry.

EmbryoSteve posted:

Do you like craft beer? If so there are numerous micro-breweries in the city that you can make into self led bike beer tour. Start at Pike Brewery and head north. Ballard has an area that literally has like 8-10 in one square mile

Cool, thanks!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
You’ll find that commercial trucking is much worse for roads than an Escalade. The gap from BRZ to three ton SUV and three ton SUV to 21 ton loaded reefer isn’t really comparable.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I don't have a WA drivers license, what do I need to do to get registered to vote up here? I should have all the documentation to get a WA license by the end of Feb.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Solkanar512 posted:

I don't know the answer to your question, but you'll get registered to vote when you get your license. Are you concerned about being able to vote in the school levies next week or can you wait?

I'm traveling next week so I think I'll just vote in the next election after I get registered.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Good deal: "You will need a current Washington State driver's license, permit or ID card [to register online]. If you do not have any of these, you may still register by mail or in person." Deadline is the 11th to register in person.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Who’s the butthole that has the Uncle Sam billboard on the northbound side of I-5 saying to drain the Olympia swamp and reinstate noted white supremacist Matt Shea?

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Hi goons, I moved from Dallas to work in Tacoma just over a year ago and lost about 20 lbs in the last year so I have a handful of button down business casual shirts and flannels that I bought and wore a few times that are too big for me now. I’m looking for either a good charity to donate them to that isn’t ran by religious zealots or run for profit like goodwill OR a goon in need that’s a bigboi like me. Most the stuff is 2xl from Bonobos or Eddie Bauer.

Suggestions? Or if you’re a goon in need, I have PMs so send me a message or email read my mail at gmail.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Grimm led me to believe there was a lot more murdering going on in Portland than there really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Dallas PD exploded a guy with a robot a few years ago, who knew that cops needed explicit authorization to do anything - they just do the thing.