Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

LORD GLOOM, YOU HAVE A SUITOR

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Interview with the IWW street medic dude who was shot. Its sad.

I was coming here to post the same interview at the nascent Greater Seattle GDC site. To be honest, I'm real happy he's still able to joke about his 'semicolon' and such. I've known the dude for probably half a decade and he's one of the most genuinely good people I've ever met.

Itachi fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

Seattle folks, there's an action planned on the 31st to respond to the shooting on J20 and the proliferation of neo-nazi bullshit on campus and nearby.

Greater Seattle GDC Local 24 posted:

The Greater Seattle General Defense Committee calls upon the UW campus and community beyond to join us at Red Square on Friday, March 31st at 12PM in declaring that we will not be intimidated by the violence of the far-right! This includes the near-fatal shooting of one of our members at University of Washington on January 20th as well as the others who are currently facing attacks and harassment.

Through their inaction before and after the shooting on January 20th, the police and campus administration at UW have proven themselves unwilling and incapable of actually creating a safe and secure environment on campus. We hope to use this as an opportunity to show that despite this violence, we will continue to organize in our communities and build power to develop a united front against the rise of fascism. This includes organizing to develop alternatives to law enforcement, the criminal legal system, and the administrations which place a far higher value on profit than they do safety. These institutions can not and will not protect us; we must organize to protect ourselves and each other!

This action will begin at 12PM and will involve a brief walk between several locations around campus. Please share this event throughout your networks!

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

a) acab
b) there's an intro to the IWW event on the 20th somewhere in SE Seattle, if that's something you goons are interested in: https://www.facebook.com/events/1370524253031446/

edit: full disclosure, I'm one of the local iww delegates so I have a deeply vested interest in getting people to show up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Itachi
Mar 31, 2001

Meanwhile, a guy decided to wear his Nazi armband to Westlake for a day of yelling right-wing slogans at pedestrians. It went over about as well as you'd think it would for a literal swastika-armband-wearing shithead shouting poo poo at people on 3rd & Pine.