Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

anthonypants posted:

Does anyone actually believe this

Yeah? Decorum is a real thing, class is a real thing etc. Mittens is a horrible person but he would die before he'd talk about grabbing them by the pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Pander posted:

Lol it'll prolly be cheaper to give me a raise to 80k than pay me overtime for all the weeks I put in 50-70 hours on salary.

That's the point, you're getting exploited and the state wants to put a stop to it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

JohnnySavs posted:

If the parties were reversed I would not be surprised if a band of "Patriots" took it on themselves to bring the missing Senators back across state lines. And I don't know if the feds would act, let alone how.

Kidnapping charges and the Feds would love the excuse.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Probably all the Oregon goons know this already but just in case. If you sign the petition with a fake name, fake address, or both then the entire page of signatures gets thrown out. Or so I have been told.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Going to be funny when Idaho opens back up waaay too soon and two weeks later there's a massive jump in cross-border transmissions.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

the mozzarella cheese sticks are worth dying for

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

that seems unfair to the governor, who from what i understand has withstood multiple death threats and a recall attempt over her correct handling of covid?
the population of oregon outside the cities seems to be pretty opposed to masks and other sensible measures

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

pseudanonymous posted:

Nextdoor is apalling. It's frankly bizarre how empowered Nextdoor seems to make racists and other intolerant people.

There's a burden of entry to get on so less leaks out into the rest of the internet. Whenever someone does post Nextdoor nastiness it's got the names redacted so John Smith at 234 Fake Street doesn't face repercussions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

HashtagGirlboss posted:

She is very much the quintessential Portland liberal and I think she’ll struggle if she’s the nominee

Also :qq: Nick

https://mobile.twitter.com/NickKristof/status/1479190758511067142?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

it would be extremely funny if this rich idiot managed to kill residency requirements, though it seems unlikely
it's not hard to actually establish residency in a state, but owning property certainly doesn't do it