Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

while we're still discussing "preemptive left violence" it seems like more footage has been released from the danielson/reinohl incident downtown and, suprise surprise, it appears danielson was running toward pappas confronting reinohl and started preemptively macing reinohl. i am by no means a reinohl defender but i do wonder how this would have played out for him had he not been armed https://twitter.com/Johnnthelefty/status/1323345936609734657?s=20

Why wouldn't you be a defender of Reinhol? He said it happened like this and the video footage all backed it up, this footage doesn't show him doing anything but being targeted, like he said he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

People being selfish loving idiot assholes flying is definitely a loving problem, but also the airlines shouldn't have even been loving open. Our government and industries are loving murdering us, and we're fine with it.

Maybe the consumers should have the right to murder their friends and family, who's to say?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

generic one posted:

I don’t think that was the intended meaning here. One can be liberal in a way that means being generous with an idea or concept, and nothing to do with political ideology. For example, with a donation. I could give a liberal donation, which would mean I gave a non-profit a very generous amount of cash. Or in legal terms, one could make a very liberal argument about stand your ground laws, by saying George Zimmerman was just in shooting Trayvon Martin, due to a liberal (once again, generous) interpretation of the castle doctrine.

In Florida it’s not castle doctrine it’s stand your ground laws. Which are designed specifically to allow people to murder because they were scared, much like cops are allowed to do. Of course with such laws there’s no chance of the victim being able to argue they were the one standing their ground...