Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

therobit posted:

Who's this Culp idiot there are signs for all over Washington? The Uncle Sam sigh was congratulating her so I figure she's a piece of poo poo but her signs were all over Bellingham.

Wikipedia posted:

While serving as police chief of Republic, Washington in 2018, Washington Initiative 1639 was passed through a ballot initiative. The law amended gun laws in Washington by defining the term "semiautomatic assault rifle" to include all semiautomatic rifles, and raising the minimum age for purchasing semiautomatic rifles from 18 to 21. In response, Culp publicly announced that he would not enforce the law in Republic.[6] He later appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight and proposed that Republic, Washington would become a "gun sanctuary."[7]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

This thunder in south king co. seems appropriate for the moment.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s like the Washington law about high speed pursuits where they got up there and said “this law might prevent us from chasing after a kidnapper and their victim”

Bullshit, everyone knows they’ll just chase whatever they want anyway and let people argue about whether the pursuit was legal after the fact

They are definitely pouting about this and just not enforcing any road laws now. I was on i5 yesterday, police car in the lane next to me, and many laws being broken in plain view. (people generally driving like assholes, weaving between lanes at way too high speeds) They're refusing to do their jobs until we bribe them with a bigger budget and a blessing for them to be the mad max drivers.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

In a sane world we could show the data for this, prove that cops have abdicated their traffic enforcement duties, and defund the police transfer those duties to a new, separate department that works solely based on dashcams/ALPR. Don't bother stopping the car, just get behind them to read the plate, then pass them to get the driver's face on dashcam, ticket's in the mail.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yeah seriously. Do you want the Bell riots? Because this is how you get the Bell riots.