Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
No autismal academic screeds please, this thread is casuals only.

Just watched Fanny and Alexander...pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I liked when the knight played chess with death, pretty badass if you ask me.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I need to see more of his films.

Only seen The Seventh Seal, Wild Strawberries, Persona, and Fanny & Alexander so far. All great, great movies.

Hoping to see the "Faith Trilogy" sometime soon.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
One of the less discussed, underrated Bergman movies is Autumn Sonata. Its pretty soul crushing but that's Bergman for ya.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The virgin spring was kinda hosed up

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

when max throws a kid into a fire :wth:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
always thought he was Ingrid Bergman's father but he isn't and that shocks me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bergman is pretty fuckin rad and was my favourite filmmaker during my university days. I love Scenes, Persona, F&A, and Winter Light the most but he has so many more classics like Seventh Seal and Cries and Whispers and fjskgkah

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What's a good one to start with? I know Bergman only through cultural references.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

N. Senada posted:

What's a good one to start with? I know Bergman only through cultural references.

He made a ton of movies so there's definitely at least 5 or 6 that would be a perfect starting point. Hell, I think even his "last" film, Fanny and Alexander, would be a fine introduction.

I think most people would say one of these: Seventh Seal, Persona, The Virgin Spring, or Wild Strawberries.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Every horror fan needs to watch Hour of the Wolf. It's creepy and wacky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spatulater bro! posted:

Every horror fan needs to watch Hour of the Wolf. It's creepy and wacky.

I'd have seen that a long time ago but it never seems to be available on any streaming services. Its seems like its pay $30 for the DVD or nothing.

• Locked thread