Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBzPqTzd04&t=6338s

Kind of a random choice for an official upload there.

2002 CART was weird to watch at the time. I was a pretty casual viewer then and had no idea how badly CART was doing behind the scenes, but it was obvious from the start of that season that this was not a healthy racing series. The 18-car grid in the first race (with a bunch of major sponsors missing from the cars that were there) was a monumentally sad sight, and Eurosport's coverage had gone from pretty decent (most races shown live, here in :finland: we even got Finnish commentary for many of the 2001 races) to "whatever, just show the highlights at 1 AM a week later" as they had realized the situation.

Gotta say though, those are still some really good-looking race cars. I especially like the KOOL schemes.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Huh, I forgot PacWest was still around at the start of 2002. I guess there were 20 cars on the grid in Mexico, then, which was still a pretty sorry sight compared to the previous year's 26-car field.

PacWest obviously never quite recovered from appearing in Driven. :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Flikken posted:

How does fantasy IndyCar work?
Mark Plourde switches series.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Autosport says it's happening: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128926/alonso-to-race-in-2017-indy-500

That's definitely a headline I did not expect to see today.

edit: Alonso's statement was added to the report after I posted this

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 12, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Champ Car and IndyCar merged in 2008. Ganassi jumped to Indy some years before that (2003, I think) and is still a top team. This is actually the first year they're not running the red Target livery.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Is it too early to post a real Delta Force intro instead of a remix of the gimp intro? If so, too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSzgwCql_mo

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:57 on May 1, 2017

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't remember so many ads during the Alabama Grand Prix (lol). This is awful. I've watched more ads than laps. Please tell me the ads tone down later on?
They won't

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

jesus gently caress

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

:dogbutton: that replay

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sage Karam's car has had enough of being driven by Sage Karam

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

:negative:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

go Sato-san :japan:

I don't think I'd be able to handle "Are" Max loving Chilton, Indy 500 Winner

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I can't wait to buy Takuma Sato's Indy Kamikaze Racing for my Panasonic FZ-10 R·E·A·L 3DO Interactive Multiplayer. I wonder if it runs on the game engine from Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed. The FMVs should be good in any case.

Panasonic was just one of the licensed manufacturers of the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, but they were also the only one that mattered so even though calling the system "Panasonic 3DO" is technically inaccurate, nobody cares. Well, it is the 3DO so nobody cares regardless, but you know what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

financially racist posted:

excuse me sir but i happen to actually own a 3do and mine is the goldstar model :colbert:
I actually own a 3DO as well, I wasn't lying about that FZ-10. :v:

• Locked thread