Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sega CD will always be special to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Final ratings:
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/869958696465510400

Queue the article from a certain AP writer smugging over "SEE, RATINGS SUCK FOR INDY! THEY'RE FAILING!"

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If only they'd appeal to more 13 year olds. :(

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
Is that drop basically just due to the Indiana blackout being back in place this year?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

The thing I got from that video is how much it sucks that we got Sam Posey at Indy every year instead of Hobbs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lord Crapulus posted:

Is that drop basically just due to the Indiana blackout being back in place this year?

Pretty much.

dsriggs posted:

The thing I got from that video is how much it sucks that we got Sam Posey at Indy every year instead of Hobbs.

Fun facts! He owns a car dealership here in Milwaukee.

A HONDA dealership.

And his best Indy finish was 5th, with Johnny Rutherford winning in a McLaren :psyduck:

Also also

Going to RA bitches :getin:

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Theris posted:

GTP/Group C might have been the peak of "cars that are way too fast for how safe they are." At least in post-seatbelt times, anyway.

Edit: Group B rally is probably in the running for that title, too.

yeah i think over 260 in the straights is when you have to start adding auto ejector pods

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/rpmreport/status/870060418491834369

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

reminds me of the photo that lands james stewart in the wheel chair at the beginning of rear window

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It was the best way a massive crash like that could end. Bumps and bruises, maybe a cut here and there, but nothing major.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Doc Morbid posted:

I can't wait to buy Takuma Sato's Indy Kamikaze Racing for my Panasonic FZ-10 R·E·A·L 3DO Interactive Multiplayer. I wonder if it runs on the game engine from Road & Track Presents: The Need For Speed. The FMVs should be good in any case.

Panasonic was just one of the licensed manufacturers of the 3DO Interactive Multiplayer, but they were also the only one that mattered so even though calling the system "Panasonic 3DO" is technically inaccurate, nobody cares. Well, it is the 3DO so nobody cares regardless, but you know what I mean.

excuse me sir but i happen to actually own a 3do and mine is the goldstar model :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I believe Sanyo were the dominant 3DO producer in Japan as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

I believe Sanyo were the dominant 3DO producer in Japan as well.

I've only ever seen one or two used for sale in Japan and both were Panasonic.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

financially racist posted:

excuse me sir but i happen to actually own a 3do and mine is the goldstar model :colbert:
I actually own a 3DO as well, I wasn't lying about that FZ-10. :v:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does Sanyo even exist anymore?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Human Grand Prix posted:

Does Sanyo even exist anymore?

As a subsidiary of Panasonic, go figure.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I only knew one kid with a 3DO back then and while it was cool he played his SNES way more

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I had a friend with a 3DO and it had a real good version of Theme Park on.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gutierrez confirmed at Coyne for Detroit

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I don't know how I feel about this one. Davison had a great 500, but more money in Indy is always good.

Lord Crapulus
Feb 12, 2003

About as successful at Le Mans as Toyota
I won't be satisfied until we have the entire F1 midfield from two years before

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lord Crapulus posted:

I won't be satisfied until we have the entire F1 midfield from two years before

Kamui Kobayashi please and thank you

loving Caterham...

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gutierrez is awful.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Now we get to find out how good Gutierrez is without power steering!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Human Grand Prix posted:

Gutierrez is awful.

Yeah seriously. I mean he can be quick from time to time but it's very much in spurts. He lacks consistency and his race craft wasn't exactly great so may as well see if hes developed at all in Formula E.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

Now we get to find out how good Gutierrez is without power steering!

lol

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

All joking aside, I think Gutierrez will probably be a solid midfielder. He won't be anything special, but he won't be anything bad.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Gutierrez has a good amount of F3/F2 wins, i dunno. I admittedly have watched all the F1 races on fastforward for the last 5ish years only slowing down for the start and big events (literally the only way to watch that poo poo lately), so I dont exactly have vivid memories of him. On paper it looks like he was basically the same as Sutil in 2015, and pretty similar to Grosjean if both finished last year?

I mean if the money is equal, I'm pretty sure I would take him over Davison too...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Norns posted:

Kamui Kobayashi please and thank you

loving Caterham...

Kamui is rather busy being a Toyota LMP1 factory driver.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

Gutierrez has a good amount of F3/F2 wins, i dunno. I admittedly have watched all the F1 races on fastforward for the last 5ish years only slowing down for the start and big events (literally the only way to watch that poo poo lately), so I dont exactly have vivid memories of him. On paper it looks like he was basically the same as Sutil in 2015, and pretty similar to Grosjean if both finished last year?

I mean if the money is equal, I'm pretty sure I would take him over Davison too...

He was among the worst of the drivers in 2014 and the absolute worst in 2016. He was driving a decent car last year.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

drgitlin posted:

I love your articles and please keep doing what you're doing, thanks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

drgitlin posted:

I know I know. I just like him in open wheel.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

How did this woman get hired to cover indycar?

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/870296128041795584

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Why is she so god drat bitter.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just stop giving her attention. She clearly has brain damage.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Did you know the Indy 500 actually beat Monaco in the ratings last Sunday in the UK?

Holy poo poo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The US TV ratings prove that it's idiotic to black out a sporting event's most passionate market, but this is obvious to everyone but IMS.

also please fire Jenna Fryer into the sun

FuzzySkinner posted:

Did you know the Indy 500 actually beat Monaco in the ratings last Sunday in the UK?

Holy poo poo.

Any idea what channel(s) they were on?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
ratings are a dumb metric since no one under 60 owns a tv

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

One of these days I need to rewatch Kamui's podium race in Suzuka. Goddamn he had a hell of a race that day.

And thank you, six driver Indy 500 fantasy team, I am finally back on top of the Indycar fantasy league standings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

if you think of yourself as a reporter, your twitter image AND header probably shouldnt be pictures of you with the people you hero worship and push in your terrible articles

• Locked thread