Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/139737-mclaren-boss-sets-criteria-for-future-indycar-move

Zak Brown posted:

Brown outlined the vetting process that will be used to make a final decision on whether McLaren will assemble a team to take on the likes of Team Penske, Chip Ganassi Racing, Andretti Autosport and other front-running IndyCar programs.

"We have three criteria: One, we need to make sure we can be competitive; two, that it's commercially viable, and three, it fits out brand," he said. "I think the Indy 500 ticks all those boxes, and I think IndyCar ultimately ticks all those boxes. We're a fan of IndyCar; we think it's a great form of motorsport. We've done it before. And if we can tick all three of those boxes, in the future, IndyCar would definitely be something we would consider."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

It's just weird growing up there and seeing people actually want to go to Indianapolis to do things other than the GP and 500.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nando posted:

"We don't talk much there," he said to much laughter in Sunday's news conference. "It's a different world; the only thing that I know is probably what you guys read, because it's what I read as well. Some of them are happy for me, happy for this thing and curious to see how competitive we can be, some others, they are not happy with anything in life. So this was another thing for their own problems. It's OK. I think, different world."
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/139825-alonso-takes-jab-at-f1-drivers-over-indy-reaction

:allears:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

She doesn't know those tricks, bells, and/or whistles either. :ssh:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

It happened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM9KLBArpB8

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

What a non-apology.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Doesn't Smoke still have an open seat offer with Penske?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Good article from Buxton: http://www.racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/139953-buxton-alonso-and-alternative-facts

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Grand Prix of Long Beach is a big race. :colbert:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Conor and his dad are having similar careers.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Remember to get your butthole scoped, friends.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Posting from Smoke's Twitter even though you beat me.

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/859508139703640066

Feels Villeneuve posted:

honestly Alonso doing Indy is not something I would have expected, I had halfway suspected that Massa might look into it after retiring, but maybe Indycar isn't really that big a thing for Brazlilian drivers anymore.

I'd be ok if Massa retired to sports cars after taking a spring to the face.

e: I watched a bit of the Gateway testing and I hope that race turns out well. :ohdear:

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 3, 2017

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nandowns.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IndyCar needs to add captioning to the YouTube stream so I can better pay attention at this conference.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Any good YouTube channels out there with full IndyCar races?

Racing Jungle and IndySnake are good.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Nobody said Sage had a seat this year.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cygni posted:

D&R - Chevy
Karam - Meecum

poo poo

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

dentist toy box posted:

Karam gonna take Alonso out on lap 1.

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

lol Mario's two-seater has an H-pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfVJqePwCzw

Mariowns.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I don't remember seeing sequential sticks until 1995. And I'm sure that's why his car has an H-pattern. I just like that he had Dallara go through the extra effort to give him that transmission.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Human Grand Prix posted:

Rahal's Honda definitely had one.

I hadn't noticed in the races I watched because the engine was broken all the time. :v:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That flag is backwards. :colbert:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Conor Daly is mediocre.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

WindyMan posted:

By the way, is there a reason why Sage Karam is using Jeff Gordon's number? Same font style and everything.

Who cares. He's terrible.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The ghost of Scott Brayton says so.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

WindyMan posted:

When we have our mega Indy 500 goon meet can we do this please?

IRL GoonCar

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Stream is turrible at the moment.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I moved to Indiana for the 1993 school year and knew of the race (my mom watched Can-Am, so she got me into racing). I heard that some guy named Emerson Fittipaldi won the race earlier that year and chose orange juice over milk. Nine year old me though this was bullshit because OJ sucks and milk is clearly the superior beverage (my family is from Wisconsin). The school library had a book "written" by Al Unser Jr. on how to drive an IndyCar. I checked that book out countless times and he quickly became my favorite driver. I saw video of 1992 after visiting the IMS museum which made him even more awesome.

First 500 experience was the next year for Armed Forces Day. My dad was in the Army then, so he got free passes and took me down to the track that weekend. The 2.65L turbo V8s sounded massive and cemented the sound an IndyCar should have. When the Mercedes 500i's thundered by, it was a very primal sound.

Listening to the race on radio in the backyard and then watching Little Al win the race on TV later that night are why I love race cars.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

Counter-counterpoint: Three Floyds

Three Floyds all taste the same.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

SO 90'S

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I would like this poster.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

Just won pole for indy. LET ME GO GET A CRUNCH WRAP SUPREME

you can't deny the crunch wrap

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

tupacalypse posted:

If you want a good laugh, check out Tracy's instagram.

tl;dr, duck lips and ugly bikes

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

harperdc posted:

Finally IndyCar will be back to glory because the overhead airbox will be gone from turbocharged cars. All praise.

Worthy of the next page.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:stare:

Norns posted:

Don't kink shame

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Posting from our parking spot on Auburn.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Sitting across from the Penske pits.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

My posting is minimal because Sprint is garbage.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

No team could willing to sign Maldonado could afford him.

p.s. Ralf owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

:siren: Banquet is on. :siren:

https://livestream.com/accounts/17974260/events/5340319/player

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread