Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Jitsu wa watashu wa is pretty... eh

It just seems so generic.

Only really good thing so far is the dumb faces and green haired's voices.

You are correct, in that assumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

We do know that Yuasa was working on another project that was set to come out in spring besides that movie so I bet that's correct

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

and its not translated!

It's gonna be movie of the year in 2069, when someone finally fansubs it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

At least the Cutey Honey manga is immediately off kilter like that, instead of like Go Nagai's Cinderella Knight where everything starts off really fun and exciting and then all of the sudden everybody is having hosed up sex

On the other hand the way Devilman goes from a shounen fighting thing that just happens to be a bit grim to suddenly becoming real hosed up is insanely good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I liked it when Violence Jack went from hosed up apocalypse manga to a Japanese wild west story

I really gotta read it sometime....I know some of the basics and have seen some of the OVAs, but I haven't read it proper

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipr-wS5iBv0

This youtube clip is over a decade old now, epic

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The arcs that the OVA adapts aren't nearly as good as the others that have been translated, in my opinion. It's a good manga.

Yah, I figured that they chose them because of the one-off nature and if they made a proper series it'd be way different.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's decided, the 2017 anime of the year will be Maison Ikkoku.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

2017 is the year where Srice and I argue about whether Maison Ikkoku or KOR is better

So be it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My preemptive argument for Maison Ikkoku, based on half a dozen episodes: everyone is old enough to drink and they party & get drunk p often

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

in KOR teens drink, smoke, and go to the disco and also eat weird mushrooms in the forest and try to kiss each other

drat, sound like both shows own.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xinder posted:

I'm glad I somehow finished Rose of Versailles before the end of 2016, although now I will miss the 70s af pointless reaction shots and repeat cuts all over the place.

Sounds like the only solution is to watch everything else Dezaki directed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://files.catbox.moe/lcmmrk.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Maison Ikkoku.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/ieitje.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think I would find it difficult to consume Maison Ikkoku without being able to skim quickly past Yotsuya being incredibly irritating. I want to punch that fucker so hard after just those 90 seconds.

He's a jerk but he finds plenty of creative ways to be a jerk, so I enjoy him.

He has also gotten his comeuppance for it a few times, even if it's not always in the same episode.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/cmmjtq.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

amazon generally releases stuff as it airs, there was just some insane and unspoken-of fuckup that resulted in the US not getting Fune wo Amu or Chi's Sweet Adventure until...now? they also had delays on the last couple episodes of Battery last season.
this is all in contrast to Prime UK having Fune wo Amu and Chi's Sweet Adventure going up week-to-week as they aired with no issues.

It's the lack of messaging that's a real bummer with 'em. Wouldn't be so annoying if they'd just say something about it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I unironically love, episodes that couldn't exist if they were made today

https://my.mixtape.moe/qalqis.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

yeah. that and prime video is the worst thing to try and navigate even if you're looking for non-anime. somebody on my TL was just commenting on how they added all of seinfeld recently but it wasn't advertised at all or in a prominent place.

Yeah. It blows! I have no idea how to find good things (except for the few exclusives they actually market) outside of stumbling upon them randomly.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Maison Ikkoku status: still good. Its adult cast helps make it feel like a network sitcom in a lot of ways, as opposed to the Disney channel-esque way many anime rom coms in highschool can feel.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

This is what I liked so much about Nana. Like, people would have sex and be adults which for anime is depressingly rare

While Maison hasn't gone that far yet (and I suspect on that front it will drag its feet because it's a Takahashi series) I do appreciate that because most of the cast are adults they can get drunk and openly talk about what's on their mind.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://my.mixtape.moe/tasiws.webm

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

http://dai.ly/xj889i

this op of KOR is still the dopest thing

I was able to guess which one that was.

It's cool as hell.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wark Say posted:

Aren't Reincarnation / Trapped in Another World novels like the "Little Sister" fad that was all the rage when Oreimo was popular?

Yeah and it's insanely bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

lets go back to when isekai was good, 90s shoujo

This.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Wait a minute now the Fushigi Yuugi ED theme is kicking in

I've made a horrible mistake

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

let's go back to when srice was a good poster

!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm not going to watch it :smugmrgw:

I'm gonna be patient for Netflix. I have too much stuff on my plate already!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

KOR has a whole Top Gun-parody episode where Kiyosuke and Madoka are fighter pilots who defend the city from a giant cat

Nice

The Maison Ikkoku ep I watched this morning also had a cat.

Godai had to take care of a friend's cat who shares the same name as his landlady, leading to an allegation of sexual assault when he tries to hide the cat, and then after that a huge misunderstanding when he was on the phone with said friend, telling him that "Kyoko loves to crawl into his bed each night".

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xinder posted:

except there was nothing suggesting that? scalebound wasn't tied to anything else nor even made by the same developer as the other mentioned games. those other games had no relevance to the announcement. they didn't need to be brought up.

like who the gently caress are they targeting at that freaks out because scalebound is canceled that means microsoft is going to cancel all the games they're producing?

Nobody thinks they are going to cancel everything else but it's still a good PR move to include news like that. Microsoft put resources (in this case money) into a game that is now not going to give any return at all, so saying that other games they put time and/or money into are still on track is a pretty standard move.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Parallax posted:

with the very simple way that KOR TV ends I kinda wish there wasn't more

That's how I felt when I finished Touch, to the point where I haven't even checked out the movies yet.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

z0glin Warchief posted:

"Running a business in another world" is the next isekai fad, apparently.

Barf and piss

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm gonna save anime by brutally destroying isekai

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

homeless snail posted:

I can't wait for the isekai where srice wakes up in another world and hunts down all the isekais

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Isekai Bike Jouster: The Srice Story

I can't believe I became what I hate, in record time...

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

while colonel watches the straight sports series, I'll watch all the gay ones and then we'll meet in the middle and swap.

Good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Very well.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

I'm still watching yowapeda first

The better choice, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice