Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Oh I guess we're starting over. That was a short chat thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

"The characters are unlikable and cliche while the story is one of the worst I have ever seen. The plot is just plain bad and it doesn't try very hard to be good. The protagonist is annoying and unlikable and the whole show is terrible."
"It's a great change from the annoying girly anime flicks that are out being adfed to crunchyroll and hulu."

I think I'm going to start watching Monster Strike

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
if it's any consolation, i appreciate the naked men

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Stairmaster posted:

im thirsty and im going to bed

good job solving your thirst immediately!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I just finished the last episode of The Rose of Versailles. I expected a tragic end but jesus christ, ending it with a summary of how everyone then died miserably was a bit more than I was prepared for.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

Old shoujo doesn't gently caress around

The final line of the show was loving brutal

"Fersen then went back to Sweden where he became a cruel lord who hated his subjects. He was eventually killed by a mob."

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

it usually is

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

always knew namtab enjoy chat thread

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
poo poo is my name takane now?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
the sweet release of death has come

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i'm playing the long game. willing to sacrifice 2017 as well for the sake of an excellent 2018

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm glad I somehow finished Rose of Versailles before the end of 2016, although now I will miss the 70s af pointless reaction shots and repeat cuts all over the place.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Srice posted:

Sounds like the only solution is to watch everything else Dezaki directed.

I might watch Cobra, yea

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Polsy posted:

I feel like thread 17 is skewing the intention of the % bar

http://polsy.org.uk/ani/stats/whoposted1to17.html

it is more than half of my bar

chat thread 17 was a mistake

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i'm ranked 103. i'll definitely be in the top 100 by the end of the year

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
unless i die i guess

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

what a cutie

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i just drunkenly described char's entire life story to a friend. i think i did good but i'll copy/paste here so people can nitpick whatever i missed/hosed up

Casval Deikun is the eldest son of Zeon Deikun, the original ruler of the Republic of Zeon when it declared its independence from the Earth Federation. Zeon was then poisoned by uh.....forgot his name, but he was the big bad of the original msg. Casval and his sister Artesia were put into hiding after this coup, and they were accepted into the Mass family, where he took on the name Eduardo and his sister became known as Sayla. Casval/Eduardo then left the family and joined the Zeon military in an attempt to find a way to murder the Zabi family as revenge for the death of his father. He took on the soon to be feared named of Char Aznable, soon dubbed "The Red Comet of Zeon". During this time he discovers the existence of newtypes (humans who have telepathy and faster reflexes basically) and decides this is the future, putting his revenge plan on the backburner. Amuro kills his newtype waifu and he gets really mad and just loving leaves (after murdering one more Zabi in the most brutal loving way possible (headshot with a rocket launcher)). He then shows up again a few years later without the mask but now wearing sunglasses all the time and calls himself Quattro Bajeena. Quattro is a prominent member of the Anti-Earth Union Group. An organization that wants to limit the control of Earth over space. the events of zeta happen and i don't feel like describing them. After that, Char disappears for a while then reappears 8 years later leading the remnants of Zeon and prepared for war once again. He no longer wears a mask and has decided to be an eco-terrorist who nukes the earth to kill all the humans on earth because that's reall environmentally-conscious. but actually he just wants to fight his mancrush Amuro one more time. He gets to do that and the two of them die together in a big gundam explosion.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

GorfZaplen posted:

As soon as I got into my newly repaired car and drove it for the first time I ran into a lightpole and cracked the windshield. Ignis take the wheel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cURox2ZGl5k&t=27s

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

homeless snail posted:

Yuri On Ice: The Kotaku Review

!!triggered!!

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well, I posted my own thread for the first time. I think it's one I will look back on proudly 10 years from now.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

don't doxx me

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

He's the king of my heart.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
fighting games are a genre that i love but i'm terrible at

i guess it's just lack of practice but i don't have the patience to practice the same thing over and over when i could just start a new game and get a completely new experience right away.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

It'd be easier if Guilty Gear had a bigger audience. Street Fighter and poo poo at least have other, similarly bad players around (or at least they did when I was still playing SFV) to give you some sembalance of a difficulty curve even when playing online, whereas I've barely encountered anyone in GG that doesn't seem able to punish every other whiff I make with a 12 hit combo that takes a fourth or more of my life bar off.

i'd honestly say GG's problem is splitting the fanbase with rereleases that add a bit new content every time. I've got Sign and it's great and I enjoy it a lot, but one of my friends got Revelator instead and we can't play together even though it's still Xrd just with more characters :v:

also ramlethal is my girl and i didn't realize she was the boss character until i already decided i loved her style but i don't even feel bad. she cool. and every other character is also super loving weird in a different way so i don't actually think she's op.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DoubleDonut posted:

Guilty Gear's biggest problem in the west is releasing on the PC six months later than the console version at full price

also that

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

tbf there's mechanical differences that make them incompatible but no Sign ownership discount sucks. You on PC or PS?

i'm on pc. haven't been able to play in a few months since i've been relegated to my extremely weak laptop, but hopefully by sometime next week i'll have my marginally less weak desktop working again and i can get back to playing all those games i've been missing.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dispetalpink/

I own SIGN and might even play it again someday

Perhaps sometime soon we can pit our rusty skills against one another.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
while i'm at it, here's me if anyone else cares

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xinder/

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

DisDisDis posted:

thats a good profile

i like dog

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

chumbler posted:

Cuban sandwiches are up there with reubens and gyros (if you count them as sandwiches) for top tier sandwich.

good taste, my friend.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

a kitten posted:

Today I learned that you can have your characters say "I love you" over and over, dress them in matching wedding dress themed battle gear, and have the creators literally talk about the characters as a couple and there will still be people going on about reading too much in to it and unironically calling them Good Friends.

they could kiss each other passionately and people would say that's a friend thing

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

there are people who aren't clear on the relationship in re: cutie honey after a scene where honey is revived from darkness after being kissed by her girlfriend, because a guy gave her medicine that probably doesn't actually work to motivate her to do it

lol

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

oh man is the animorphs anime this year?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Mill Village posted:

I think this is better then the speed up memes people started making.

https://twitter.com/adoringajlee/status/816895034096226304

this is the best star wars meme in years

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Terper posted:

Someone post a boy

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sakurazuka posted:

It wasn't on CR and I'm too lazy to download stuff nowadays

it was tho? that's where i watched it

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
it's real nice but it missed a slot on my top 5 by failing to have an ending at all. But I guess a second season is all but confirmed so whatever, they can get away with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

The Colonel posted:

help i was on level die for more than half of a chapter of god hand and now i'm at shannon and i'm on level one again

play on the hardest difficulty

• Locked thread