Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I just remember seeing a thumbnail of it in fyad, apparently doobie posted it and said, "this is what happened to the bad froggers"

doobie done posted it

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i am ready to walk the path of explosions

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Ughhh I would like to buy a Megumin figure but I am far too old for this and it would probably be the beginning of a new expensive habit!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Strange Quark posted:

Unironically this.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Baloogan posted:

i haven't no, im thinking of watching jojo's bizzare adventure next

anime I've really enjoyed:

last exile
planetes
legend of galactic heroes
zaipang

i rewatched NGE over the winter and i haven't watched it in a long time and it made alot more sense thematically to me now as an adult

I would recommend K-On.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I rewatched the latest episode of Gabriel Dropout over lunch, and that was still fun.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
uh, the joke was that baloogan is a whiskey-swilling, trump-loving milsperg* and therefore k-on is probably the exact opposite of the kind of thing he would like.†

* i mean this with no ill-will
† he should watch it anyway

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I still want to like Flip Flappers (it is beautiful!) but it is a little unsatisfying narratively.

Do they ever start explaining how the heck this universe works? I'm at the end of episode 3 and it seems like they're just starting to tease it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is true, though I feel like I should warn you that the 'plot' isn't really about explaining the precise mechanics of the world and more about making the themes of Cocona's emotional journey much more explicit than they are in the early episodes. I liked Cocona a whole lot, so I adored it, but if you aren't buying into her story or if you need the setting to run on perfectly consistent and logical rules then you'll probably be disappointed.

Ah, okay, thank you! I will probably finish it (this time) regardless. I like the dreamscape imagery, if not quite the dreamscape logic.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Also the low-level mod snark in this and other threads is good and funny :haw:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
saving the best for last imo

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Sorry Corals posted:

dropped off some papers at an on-leave coworker's desk and he's got a sticky note next to the keyboard that just says "EVANESCENCE"

I guarantee you that's a password to something.

perhaps his heart

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

parts of nichijou are pretty funny but parts of it are also really unfunny

Any airship scene is a good time to leave and get a snack.

quote:

maybe i just dont "get" japanese humor

It's very good, but there is also a lot of Japanese wordplay that doesn't come through (or just might be too difficult to translate).

Like, I adore the "go buy ink" scene but I have no idea what the hyacinth part is all about.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

I quite like the character designs/animation in Gabriel Dropout.

Yes! I'm almost surprised I like it as much as I do, but it's one of my favorites so far this season.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Haha. Yeah. So stupid.

/looks nervously at figures piled three-high on desk

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
look at that avatar!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

z0glin Warchief posted:

Is anyone watching Kemono Friends or whatever? Because apparently it's caught on in a huge way, and from watching just ep 1 during the stream, I have no idea why.

https://twitter.com/kanihamiso/status/829575423675633664

If it didn't look like complete garbage I'd consider it.

Rumor is that it's a cute animal show that might pull a "well actually we are in a post apocalyptic hellscape" twist before it's over. IIRC this was also the show intended to advertise a mobile game that shuttered two months before the first episode aired, so the writers prob have free rein to do absolutely whatever they want.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
He was just waiting for a fansub I guess...

https://twitter.com/rvawonk/status/830124755617513473

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
doctor doctor, give me the news

homeless snail posted:

I have a bad case of chuunibyou

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i remember magnetic travel board games

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
tfw you slip on a banana peel, fall into a pool of water, and get slurped on by a giant monkey

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Red Minjo posted:

Why can the little cats make scream lasers.

Why not.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
WIN THIS WHEEZING FLATULENT CHOCOBO PC

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Droyer posted:

Watch a robot show imo

what are some good recent robot shows, please?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Kemono 1 wasn't nearly as bad as I was led to believe, apart from the janky cgi

Though I guess that's a pretty big thing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
live by the shitpost, die by the shitpost

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
please, please, no politics in my anime thread

feel free to add anime into the politics thread (trump thread in c-spam), though, they love anime posters over there but only at night

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Space Flower posted:

that confused me cause they have nite crew too. are these night crews all separate or is there a night hub?

they are separate. you can think of the c-spam night crew as a bunch of people circled around a couple of trash cans they set on fire. sometimes they about bad movies; sometimes they talk about anime; sometimes they do little more than drink their drinks and chant TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

sometimes it's like a death cult

it's the best political thread in the entire forums

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

I'm trying to think of something to do, since I'm having second thoughts about going back to an office job so quickly, if at all, or just to dedicate myself full-time to music.

Well, if the bills are paid, why not try something different that you enjoy? I think you may be a bit older than me, but I am trying to get everything in order so I can switch professions as well, even though it might take a few years to train up and break in.

Not too many people wish they'd put in more time at the office when they are looking back.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
After watching five eps of Kemono Friends I can safely say that the show has a lot of heart and a ¥200 budget

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Clarste posted:

You can, but not everything is associated with gambling. Like, some people will wonder out loud why the hell anyone would play mahjong without money on the line. Mahjong parlors are primarily for gambling. Recreational mahjong certainly exists, but the game is at least 80% gambling. Even when my grandmother plays mahjong with her friends, they gamble on it.

It sounds interesting. What kind of money do the grandmas put up? Basically nothing or serious cash?

How do the parlors make money? Do they sell refreshments or is there a seat fee or something...?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Neat, thanks all. Sounds like a nice way to kill some time.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I should get a new av... maybe Aqua, Vigne, Tapris, or like... a boy?!

• Locked thread