Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

ahahaha the missus randomly met up with an ex on the slopes. they went and hosed on our lunch break

headed to the coors factory tonight. what a fuckin vacation

and you didnt 3way WHY? jesus you dolt.

also friends don't let friends drink poors or go to their sewage treatment facilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

ahahaha the missus randomly met up with an ex on the slopes. they went and hosed on our lunch break

headed to the coors factory tonight. what a fuckin vacation

say huh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, the 929 seller has ignored my messages since I asked him how urgently he wanted to sell the car and I promised the GF I wouldn't buy it yet but god drat, I really want it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
hahahahaha im so sorry guys ahahahahaha

the missus is my hetero life-partner slash roommate slash business partner and he hosed one of HIS exes

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

also woe is me the coors factory is closed we'll just have to get some poo poo microbrew

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

gently caress. I've managed to work about 36 hours in 3 days, between Uber Eats and Amazon.

Took today off. Used Uber Eats to order food. Got cold food and a rude driver. :fuckoff: I don't know if he just took his sweet time picking up the order, or if there were no drivers in the area when the restaurant marked it as complete, but I'm only 2 miles from the restaurant.

Adiabatic posted:

the missus and I are rancid-farters and we've been doing this recently:

1. Do you have a firing solution?
2. I have a firing solution
1. Confirm firing solution
2. Coordinates your pants
1. Confirm coordinates my pants. Ready to fire.
2. Send it

I'm not sure if this is something you two do in public, or only in the bedroom...

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I like Firehouse subs. Their beef brisket and cheddar is awesome. Minus the mayo of course because gross :barf:

This. Firehouse is my favorite chain sandwich place. And yeah... NO MAYO.

We have a local chain that's pretty tasty too, but they've closed a few of them... the nearest one is half an hour away. :smith:

Darchangel posted:

My wife feels the same way. I usually don't care for mayo, but for some reason, it goes well with pork products, particularly bacon (as in BLT) for me. Usually, I'm mustard, particularly deli mustard, all the way. Vinegar and oil is aces on Italian stuff, though.

No mayo for me. Mustard is what I prefer if I'm making my own sandwich, or eating a burger. But if it's a sub, drench that poo poo in vinegar and oil. Mayyyybe some blue cheese dressing (yes I know it usually has mayo, shush, I try to pretend it doesn't).

cursedshitbox posted:

and you didnt 3way WHY? jesus you dolt.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

def in public def to the disgust of everyone around us

also regarding coors my drinking buddies love the stuff (so far as to drink it when 100 microbrews are the same price every tuesday) so i had to rub the factory tour all in their stupid dumb hick faces

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Rhyno posted:

I woke up today and felt like myself again after two weeks of dark clouds and sadness. I don't know if it will last but it's so nice to feel sane again.

C.S. Lewis in A Grief Observed (his writings after the death of his wife) says something to this effect. There's pits of despair and things are bleak and hopeless, then there's this moment that comes seemingly out of nowhere where things just seem to get better and things seem a bit brighter.

drat. It's been nearly ten years probably since I've read that book. I recommend you pick it up, honestly.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Good news: My wife got released from the hospital today in good health with normal progress.
Bad news: She picked our son up from school as a surprise, her dad was already there to pick him up and our son convinced him to go to the book fair. She caught him trying to spend $100 bill... We can only figure he got it from the shop, because like most idiots I keep money in my tool box. So, outside of moving the money, what fun punishment/life lesson should I subject him to?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

the spyder posted:

Good news: My wife got released from the hospital today in good health with normal progress.
Bad news: She picked our son up from school as a surprise, her dad was already there to pick him up and our son convinced him to go to the book fair. She caught him trying to spend $100 bill... We can only figure he got it from the shop, because like most idiots I keep money in my tool box. So, outside of moving the money, what fun punishment/life lesson should I subject him to?

Yay on the wife, how old is your son?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Adiabatic posted:

def in public def to the disgust of everyone around us

Good man.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Seminal Flu posted:

Yay on the wife, how old is your son?

9, and this is the first issue we've had. Well, outside of him YouTub'ing "Naked Woman". That was a fun one.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

the spyder posted:

9, and this is the first issue we've had. Well, outside of him YouTub'ing "Naked Woman". That was a fun one.

Sounds like boyo has $100-worth of car washing and chores to do.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ha, my son is 9 as well. Today I had to explain to him why drawing a swastika on his spelling test is wrong :v:

Good luck with that, not sure exactly what I would do but it would involve a very stern talking to and grounding to go with it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

spog posted:

Sounds like boyo has $100-worth of car washing and chores to do.

Yeah if you run out of ideas, I have walls that need painting and fence posts that need repairing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

the missus is my hetero life-partner slash roommate slash business partner and he hosed one of HIS exes
"Hetero"

the spyder posted:

So, outside of moving the money, what fun punishment/life lesson should I subject him to?
Doing as many oil changes as would be needed for a flat-rate mechanic to earn $100 net.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Ha, my son is 9 as well. Today I had to explain to him why drawing a swastika on his spelling test is wrong :v:
The good kind or the bad kind?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Wrar posted:

Being sick sucks guys.

how about that norovirus? went from feeling great last night to :what: this morning and a few :barf: episodes after i left work early

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

the spyder posted:

100 hours of labor at $1 an hour.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Wrar posted:

Also why are you going to the Coors factory unless it's free? Colorado is loaded with great beer.

Anyway I'm finally feeling ok after having upper respiratory crud and complete energy drain for a month. I'm getting rid of some crap from my personal garage disaster too.

Being sick sucks guys.

They give tours of the brewery. It's interesting even if it isn't the best beer.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They would, yeah but I feel that a joint putting mayo on EVERY SINGLE BURGER bar the chicken tikka one probably wasn't the best place to be for a burger.

I mean there are quite a lot of condiment sauces out there, how uninspired is using a single one on virtually every single burger?

Good point.

bend
Dec 31, 2012
We're doing something like that with the middle daughter (also 9). She didn't steal from us though, she just continually loses everything. It was ~$200 in school uniform gear last year that disappeared completely within three months of purchase, plus all sorts of other random poo poo like books and toys and things. Now she's got a tab running on the fridge (we were lenient and started it at $100) to pay it back. I think she's down to about $80 now and strangely enough hasn't lost anything in about six months

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

They give tours of the brewery. It's interesting even if it isn't the best beer.

I wouldn't count Coors as "beer".

Pee-flavored water that happens to have just enough alcohol to require you be 21+ to purchase would be a better description.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I wouldn't count Coors as "beer".

Pee-flavored water that happens to have just enough alcohol to require you be 21+ to purchase would be a better description.

Time was on the average saturday night my piss had a higher alcohol content than Coors.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

look at all you elitists!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

hey whats the best way to get a mocha soy latte these days. North face or uggs?

poo poo why not both!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Uggs. Fe.

You want the swanky Manitoba Mukluks, I tell you hwat.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Good luck with that, not sure exactly what I would do but it would involve a very stern talking to and grounding to go with it.

What the heck? Even little kids get :godwin:'s theory proven?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The most memorable punishments are the creative ones. I got grounded a million times as kid and I learned to live with it, but I will always remember doing yard work in 103º heat while hungover

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Door Frame posted:

The most memorable punishments are the creative ones. I got grounded a million times as kid and I learned to live with it, but I will always remember doing yard work in 103º heat while hungover

So Spyder's kid does yardwork after chugging a bottle of Rhyno's hot sauce?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

What the heck? Even little kids get :godwin:'s theory proven?

Apparently they've been reading books about the Nazis in class, and me watching World War 2 docs probably doesn't help either.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Apparently they've been reading books about the Nazis in class, and me watching World War 2 docs probably doesn't help either.

At this point I wonder how many hours of television and film have been made about ww2 by the US? I wonder if the rest of the world is over by now and wondering when we're gonna move on.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've just always been fascinated by war history, especially the Vietnam War, so whenever there's a doc on I almost always watch it.

I get what you're saying, but apparently the market is there if people keep watching.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

So Spyder's kid does yardwork after chugging a bottle of Rhyno's hot sauce?

I'm not saying yes, but yes

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Coredump posted:

At this point I wonder how many hours of television and film have been made about ww2 by the US? I wonder if the rest of the world is over by now and wondering when we're gonna move on.

The US seems to like it enough for a reboot.

But seriously there's probably more hours of footage on WWII than there were hours of WWII at this point.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We need more films and documentaries on World War 1

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Coredump posted:

What puzzles me is why it gets rehashed in modern productions when "World at War" is pretty much the definitive series that covers almost all aspects of the war and it was done in the 70s.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

What puzzles me is why it gets rehashed in modern productions when "World at War" is pretty much the definitive series that covers almost all aspects of the war and it was done in the 70s.

That is such a good series. Love that you have ACTUAL participants like Doenitz and Speer and others being interviewed. Real U-Boat captains. Actual soldiers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

I'm not saying yes, but yes

He won't have a solid poo poo for days.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
My friend asked me to run an errand this morning for his wife who is a jeweler.

He neglected to mention that the errand was driving a ring right into the middle of Sydney's CBD through rush hour traffic so a guy could do :science: to it for 5 minutes. Then getting it back asap.

It was like a LoTR/Transporter crossover.

He also neglected to mention the ring is worth 7 times what I paid for my car.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CommieGIR posted:

We need more films and documentaries on World War 1

As long as we get more covering why the whole shitfight started in the first place and how the narrative of OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS FIGHTING FOR DEM FREEDOMS!!!! is in fact a rancid bunch of crap.

The thing that stuck with me is how the soldiers of WW1 were so clear on how loving stupid the whole thing was. So many of them just bluntly say it - they fought for nothing and they were suckered in by lies to give up their lives in a pointless bloodfest. They HATED the patriotism that crept into remembrance services towards the end of their lives.

I would love to be able to say the truth about Gallipoli without being strung up - Gallipoli was a stupid pointless invasion of a country the ANZACS had no quarrel with. The current wave of jingoistic bullshit that surrounds WW1 really pisses me off - No one died for your freedoms, they died in a meat grinder for no good reason at all. And maybe the lessons of WW1 might actually be learnt by more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

As long as we get more covering why the whole shitfight started in the first place and how the narrative of OUR BRAVE SOLDIERS FIGHTING FOR DEM FREEDOMS!!!! is in fact a rancid bunch of crap.

The thing that stuck with me is how the soldiers of WW1 were so clear on how loving stupid the whole thing was. So many of them just bluntly say it - they fought for nothing and they were suckered in by lies to give up their lives in a pointless bloodfest. They HATED the patriotism that crept into remembrance services towards the end of their lives.

I would love to be able to say the truth about Gallipoli without being strung up - Gallipoli was a stupid pointless invasion of a country the ANZACS had no quarrel with. The current wave of jingoistic bullshit that surrounds WW1 really pisses me off - No one died for your freedoms, they died in a meat grinder for no good reason at all. And maybe the lessons of WW1 might actually be learnt by more people.

Fascism doesn't work unless you have some great victory or sacrifice you can harken back to.

• Locked thread