Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Woke up on December 31st, there's already a January chat thread. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Mr-Spain posted:

After about ten years of a Civic Si I can't get enough of RWD. When it's safe and no traffic I get sideways.
When the roads are quiet and I need to do a U-turn (sometimes just because I *want* to do a U-turn), I do it with traction control turned off and generous application of throttle.
:grin:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Spent NYE with the girlfriend. It was good.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

whenever im like "hey this sounds like something CommieGIR woulf say" i scroll up and 100% of the time it's CommieGIR
He's been on my ignore list for many moons, but his posting is at least entertaining. I read 1/3 of his posts via quotes.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Had 2 wisdom teeth, went under completely and had them removed at 12-13. A+ would recommend.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

This is exactly it. It's not the overall message, it's the way you loving deliver it.

Like, it IS possible to speak to people of a different viewpoint or perhaps even lower intelligence (they generally aren't, just different from you) and not be a prick.

The left, as a whole, treats people with differing views the same way that they accuse the right of treating minorities or any other group they choose for that day.

I'm left leaning as gently caress, in the military, and from rural as poo poo east texas. I know it's hard but goddamn.
But its socially acceptable because the right are a bunch of deplorables. </I-wish-that-was-sarcasm-but-your-loving-presidential-candidate-said-that-poo poo>

angryrobots posted:

"Raising the minimum wage is for sawmill workers."
*bzzzzz* the sawmill has now been shut down.

I was working retail at min wage when obamacare went in. The only thing it got me was an hours cut from ≈30 to a "don't you ever loving go over" hard limit of 25.

I was also visiting seattle recently, and ate a lot of fast food. Twice I had touch-screen menus to order from, with no worker to help. The guys who got let go when the min wage went up sure appreciate the higher wage they aren't earning.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 7, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Ah, so you have an employer that loves loving you up the rear end to maintain a bottom line to feed the pocket of upper management. Got it. Thanks, Obama.

Seriously, why are you blaming Obama and the ACA Act for employers dicking workers because they want to avoid any and all risks of having to provide benefits or get you anywhere near a promotion to keep you at minimum wage. Without minimum wage, you'd be working for way less and they'd still probably be cutting your hours to avoid hitting an arbitrary minimum that would qualify you for advancement or further pay. Your problem is your employer, not the government.
I don't blame the employer, because I'd be doing the same thing in their shoes. The rules changed, they made changes to game the new rules. Obama taking action when you know the consequences are going to suck for the people you claim to be helping is... brilliant?

And no. I left, and got a career that paid a shitload better with real benefits, etc. Because retail/min wage is supposed to be a short term job, not a living wage career.

As much as the left throws around "FYGM", their own motto is "gently caress yours, taking mine". Which is just as greedy, and not nearly as honest.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Geoj posted:

See? I wasn't making it up - real world example of "I don't mind being hosed right now because some day I'll be the one doing the loving."
Someone can understand why people do things without believing they'll be in that position, you know. In other situations it's called empathy. *If* I was in their shoes I'd do the same thing. I don't for a minute believe I will ever be in that position.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

On the subjects of speeding tickets I think I mentioned mine last summer. Got on the freeway, was doing 85+ by the end of the ramp, pulled over before the next exit. Pulled off the freeway, being polite and accommodating to the officer got me a warning for speeding and a fix it ticket for no front plate.

As you say, be nice to cops.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

Oh, I'm sure that's part of it for some. There's also the crushing debt that they need to undertake to get a degree that most people over the age of 40 don't even consider as a factor. They think that "there's always been student loans needed" without recognizing that the economic cost of schooling has doubled, plus, in the last 15 years, or the fact that student loans cannot be discharged through bankruptcy anymore.

We've stacked the deck against a whole generation that we're supposed to be bringing up.
We've also spent that last 15 years throwing loan money at kids and screaming that college is the only way to get a good paying job.

In 10 years when the boomers retire, nobody is going to have any idea how to keep *anything* in good repair. From basic house lights to the power grid, from the fridge to any (draw) bridge.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I know that I look forward to the coming student rebellion
Watching them get run over when their form of rebellion is limited to rioting in the streets will be somewhere either hilarious or horrifying.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 16, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I remember coming to the US and thinking that Little Caesars was godlike compared to the poo poo I had elsewhere

You guys have no idea how good you have it wrt pizza
I actually like little ceasars. There are better options out there, but a pizza is like $6, hard to argue with. Also papa murphy's. Round table is good pizza, but its twice the price of papa murphy's which is twice the price of little ceasars. My go to is LC or PM, but I've been attending a weekly game night which is at a round table, and they do have good pizza.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Studebaker pickup? Was one at the last cars and coffee I went to a week ago.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Middle of: completely redecorating my bedroom, building a bedroom set (bed/nightstands/chest-of-drawers), finding new job, and dating a pretty awesome gal.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

the level where you get the glove/bracelet that lets you slip between timelines so you can just dance around any and all danger and snap necks until you've had your fill.
Apparently the developers had a type of game jam where they came up with ideas for cool setpieces and levels and then basically made them and strung them all together with a loose kinda story. The factory level was particularly great, climbing up to the top with everything tilted sideways really messed with my head. Also EVA 8 shotgun 4 lyfe...
Titanfall 2 was/is great. Several levels are awesome, and the one you mention is only one of them.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I've now eaten at Habit, Five Guys, and In'N'Out. I rank them in that order, with Five Guys winning by a hair on burgers but losing to Habit due to fries (Peanut oil? Who uses peanut oil to cook fries? Gave my girlfriend's kid an allergic reaction, thankfully its more a stomach ache than anaphylactic shock). Both are miles ahead of In'N'Out.

• Locked thread