Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Soulex posted:

2016 saw me leave service after 9 years unceremoniously and getting hosed over. I saw my friend of two years and personal confidante die due to an overdose. She was treated worse than I was since we were squad mates. Like my commander tried to get me to spy on her and narc so they could chapter her instead of let her medboard. They tried to do the same with me. I almost failed the last class I needed to graduate and passed with a D- a 62. It was the fifth class of the semester in the second college which I am fully attending now and while still in service (technically) and having just moved. I made the drive largely by myself down the west coast bringing my family with me. My father in law was diagnosed with stage 2 lung cancer, a good old commander died from insurgency as a civilian contractor. My PTSD has gotten so bad that I am actively seeking more compensation because if I don't, I will probably end up fired from all the jobs I d because I can't make appointments to save my life. It's so bad that I have stopped trying to convince myself that I don't need to die at my own hand, but I thought about doing that dance. A lot. I can't because of my kids, but that desire still persists. I can't sleep before 5 AM most nights and get up when my kids do mostly at 8 AM. I have 0 friends.

However comma someone just got sprung by that.

I am optimistic. 2017 is going to be my year. My family's year. We are planning on buying a house, I was just accepted for Voc Rehab at a private and expensive school. My wife is the pregnant with our third and final child, we live in the last big city we will live in before we try for Europe (years down the road) and live the life I have worked hard to get. Even as a teen, I wanted my own house in a location that I liked doing a job I like without being called a piece of poo poo on a daily basis. I am a functioning disabled person despite the setbacks and am aware of the problems I have and am actively trying to fix them.

That's loving rough man, I feel ya. I had a close family member pass from cancer shortly after having been declared cancer free less than a year prior. 2016 was an awful year, made all the worse by the world going to poo poo, effectively limiting any kind of external sense of improvement or benefit. 2017 hasn't exactly started with a bang of improvement, though this entire experience has provided me with alot of perspective about what in life is worth struggling and working for. My relationship with my girlfriend has been on the rocks a bit as a consequence of everything that's happened, and honestly I don't blame her. Trying to get hot though, and make sure that 2017 is a year in which I dictate the terms and pace of my trials as best as I am able.

I hope you get your sleep poo poo under control, I know quite well how lack of rest can effect every other aspect of your personality. Sub life instilled in me a deep, deep hunger for rest and sleep. I have no clue how I used to do poo poo after 72 hours on 4 hours sleep. I hope I don't ever have to figure it out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread