Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
A Dutch oven inside the oven is just a slow cooker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Mind.

Blown.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys been eating real clean but just can't seem to lose weight, drat genetics

I only have four beers a night, binge half a bottle on the weekends, and have three sodas throughout the day, what gives? Any ideas?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Never smoked, and don't drink much. My main vices are pop and junk food. I mostly had stopped drinking pop 2.5 years ago but being in school and needing to stay awake kind of wrecked that. It's easier than making of waiting for coffee and probably more addictive. My exercise also tailed off. I'm not fat but am a little heavier than I should be and don't like it. I have no more actual classes so I'll have more time to work out again and get back in shape.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't drink more than two beers without getting terrible acid reflux. It's like something that started in the past year or so.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I can't drink more than two beers without getting terrible acid reflux. It's like something that started in the past year or so.

I get this from liquor. Beer just makes me sleepy at this point.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat acid causes acid reflux and wears down you esophageal lining over years of abuse who knew

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've got it but it's hereditary ane not caused bt drinking. It's been a lot better since they dilated my esophagus a couple years ago. I was supposed to do something with an inhaler too but kind of forgot.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Hey guys been eating real clean but just can't seem to lose weight, drat genetics

I only have four beers a night, binge half a bottle on the weekends, and have three sodas throughout the day, what gives? Any ideas?

Switch to light beer and diet soda?

I'm sick of this Panera sponsored clean food bullshit. Do you roll your food in dirt and poo poo and cat litter? No? Do you not wash your spinach or eat moldy food? I get it, no preservatives or dyes is the angle they're playing. But carbs are carbs, sugars are sugars, and flour is flour no matter what the gluten bitches say. If you're really fretting over poo poo like that and aren't diabetic or have an allergy, you're overthinking it.

Just don't eat a bag of cheetos for every meal and watch calories if you want to make a spreadsheet about it. Eat more salads and maybe start finding a passive way to exercise at work, like one of those spin bikes behind a standing desk.

I really don't have a lot of room to talk on the diet front besides simply smart about it and maybe don't go to the grocery store stoned (a task of monumental difficulty). I walk anywhere between 5-10 miles a day in a warehouse and then pick up a couple more miles with Frank. Doesn't really give me a free for all on my diet, but I can still eat like garbage once in a while without worry of bloating back up. Not that I really do anymore. No one told me there's no White Castles in Colorado. :(

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's amazing how much random poo poo (especially straight up sugar) is added to a lot of prepackaged foods, including stuff like spaghetti sauce. Cooking meals from scratch can shave off 400-500 calories a day.

Here's a good NY times article on how much effort goes into it: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just vomit after you eat, loving pussies

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

It's amazing how much random poo poo (especially straight up sugar) is added to a lot of prepackaged foods, including stuff like spaghetti sauce. Cooking meals from scratch can shave off 400-500 calories a day.

Here's a good NY times article on how much effort goes into it: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/the-extraordinary-science-of-junk-food.html

When school starts back up I won't have time to cook dinner every night so I started cooking in bulk. It is not as awesome as pizza or a cheeseburger but it's definitely way healthier. I started doing it about a week and a half ago and I already notice that I'm sleeping better and it is easier to wake up every morning.

Bought a kindle paperwhite finally. Read game gonna be strong.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

psydude posted:

my sister in law started eating greek yogurt back when it was THE THING and it seriously had like 4 loving tablespoons of sugar in each serving. BUT ITS YOGURT ITS HEALTHY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They use so much sugar in pasta sauce because it cuts the acidity and stabilizes it.

Just make fresh sauce, lots of easy recipes out there.

Or just switch to making chicken bacon ranch pasta salad. Mmmm. Ranch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I am currently eating pigeon with my mother in law.

She's eating the brains :wtc:

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days
How is it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's like greasy duck.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
auugh

Did you give any to Mao :3:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I am currently eating pigeon with my mother in law.

She's eating the brains :wtc:

would

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think it was a joke, y'all.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Who's the goon who refused to cut back on Star Wars spending?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Ronald Reagan.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

Haha

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I think it was a joke, y'all.

I linked the same joke but with a budget, you see

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

IIRC she was married, and it was the both of them that had that bizarre habit, as in every new piece of Star Wars merch they had to have.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Naked Bear posted:

IIRC she was married, and it was the both of them that had that bizarre habit, as in every new piece of Star Wars merch they had to have.

Yea, it was a couple. They had a pages-long thread. Baffling.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Finished season 1 of Westworld this morning. There are some holes in the narrative and some broad brush strokes on how a place like that would actually work but I will be damned if I am not in love with the show. I can't wait for season 2.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Hey my dudes, if you're ever in NZ during the summer and don't have enough time to road tour down, you could do worse than to wait a day and then fly from Auckland to Queenstown when you're fresh. Book a window seat that will face east for the trip. The flight is less than two hours long and is v. cool.

First you fly over my house

Then down the coast of the North Island, making landfall over New Plymouth then tastefully flying over the sea so you don't have to see Wellington.

You hit the South Island near Farewell spit and cruise down 2/3rds of the length of the west coast.

Then you cut inland and start descending into the mountains:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfQYKLW__yc

Approaching the Airport, you fly over the crown range, do a 180°, and descend into the valley, follow it round a couple of bends before landing. There's a place on the crown range road where you can park your car and look down toward the valley floor at the jets flying below you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KsIzPMqRsM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrVZQXqD00

I love this flight, it's not a chore like so many others are, and it costs like $90 USD.

Yea, it was a couple. They had a pages-long thread. Baffling.

Blue Story thread in E/N. They were incapable of even the most basic poo poo. The thread that inspired me to roast a whole chicken for the first time in my life just so I could be less like them. Unfortunatly by the end she was pregnant when they were pretty much incapable of cooking anything more complex than a sandwich (She was literally living on deli store sandwiches)

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone else getting spammed emails from the VA? I went and unsubscribed to not get them to no avail. I'd mark it as junk/spam but I don't want to miss an important email

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never get VA emails. And it's not like they don't have my email address, I check and change contact info with them at every appointment now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is anyone else getting spammed emails from the VA? I went and unsubscribed to not get them to no avail. I'd mark it as junk/spam but I don't want to miss an important email

yea they send me like 12 at a time every month or so.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
one of the most annoying things about the VA is that they send me mail, but they send the exact same piece of mail to my aunt's house.

i have called to try to remedy this, but nothing ever changes so i just kind of gave up trying. at least my aunt is cool about it. they send maybe two or three pieces of mail a month.

speaking of mail, i'm hype as gently caress to be getting my kindle on thursday.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd ask why you don't change your address with the VA to get your notices, but they sent all my appointment and other important poo poo to my old house in Memphis until last month.

Come on VA. Synchronize your loving personal information system so the Russians will have accurate addresses when they inevitably take over after Donnie gags out on Putin's cock.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

Holy poo poo, this is one of my new favorite posts.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

TBeats posted:

one of the most annoying things about the VA is that they send me mail, but they send the exact same piece of mail to my aunt's house.

i have called to try to remedy this, but nothing ever changes so i just kind of gave up trying. at least my aunt is cool about it. they send maybe two or three pieces of mail a month.

speaking of mail, i'm hype as gently caress to be getting my kindle on thursday.

Kindles own so hard. Not only do I read faster on them, it's less book clutter taking up space.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I had one of the original keyboard based kindles, and ended up giving it to my parents.

I'm using an app for my tablet now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

After over 3 years, dozens of phone calls, and a congressional inquiry I finally got a call from the district review office regarding my appeal. They're just going to send me out for new exams since I got a copy/paste job for my C&P exams out in Hawaii.

It took forever but finally moving loving forward.

• Locked thread