Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

After over 3 years, dozens of phone calls, and a congressional inquiry I finally got a call from the district review office regarding my appeal. They're just going to send me out for new exams since I got a copy/paste job for my C&P exams out in Hawaii.

It took forever but finally moving loving forward.

That's great news dude, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Have any of you had any luck submitting a VA disability claim for other injuries/ailments after the initial round of claims?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

Have any of you had any luck submitting a VA disability claim for other injuries/ailments after the initial round of claims?

I havent submitted anything new because ive been waiting on this appeal forever.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I havent submitted anything new because ive been waiting on this appeal forever.

Glad it's working out for you dude.

I'd really like the VA to re-evaluate my knees. I had a few injuries while in. Every year they're getting worse and worse.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Parkinsons has been linked to exposure to agent orange, so my mom is trying to convince him to claim it under his exposure during Vietnam.

We'll see how it goes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

ElMaligno posted:

Parkinsons has been linked to exposure to agent orange, so my mom is trying to convince him to claim it under his exposure during Vietnam.

We'll see how it goes.

Couldn't hurt. My dad got his Crohn's disease linked to Agent Orange exposure and got a 100% disability rating. Took about 10 years to get though. Hopefully the VA is better now LOL...

Edit: watching him deal with Crohn's has been horrifying. Dude has had so many surgeries been hospitalized so many times. I pray I never get it. Shame they don't really know what causes it...

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 3, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Couldn't hurt. My dad got his Crohn's disease linked to Agent Orange exposure and got a 100% disability rating. Took about 10 years to get though. Hopefully the VA is better now LOL...

Edit: watching him deal with Crohn's has been horrifying. Dude has had so many surgeries been hospitalized so many times. I pray I never get it. Shame they don't really know what causes it...

My wife has severe Crohn's and it is indeed pretty terrible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I know three people with Crohn's disease, and I always loathe to find out just how bad their individual affliction is.

One of them seems perfectly normal, one is repeatedly out with hospital visits but is never really vocal about it. I also suspect a stoma with that girl, so I feel for her.
The way all three of them carry their poo poo is incredible, though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i've met one person with crohn's. i remember he had a pregnant belly from it and without any notice he may have to leave the room to go poo poo.

seemed like one of the more miserable things you can get.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Yep.

Just go to the C&P office in your VA hospital (or sit on hold all day) and tell them you'd like an evaluation regarding whatever. It's going to be a few months before they give you an appointment and probably won't mail the appointment slip until the day before you're supposed to be there. Usually they do saturday appointments because????

Took about 6 months to get my rating increased on my back and they added my leg because of nerve damage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok I sent out an email to DAV

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Syrian Lannister posted:

I had one of the original keyboard based kindles, and ended up giving it to my parents.

I'm using an app for my tablet now.

I've still got my 3G Keyboard...probably ought to try to unload it since getting a paperwhite last year (which is loving wonderful).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know three people with Crohn's disease, and I always loathe to find out just how bad their individual affliction is.

One of them seems perfectly normal, one is repeatedly out with hospital visits but is never really vocal about it. I also suspect a stoma with that girl, so I feel for her.
The way all three of them carry their poo poo is incredible, though.

My wife had her colon completely removed and has an ileostomy. Its one way to avoid going to the bathroom every 30 minutes!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TBeats posted:

i've met one person with crohn's. i remember he had a pregnant belly from it and without any notice he may have to leave the room to go poo poo.

seemed like one of the more miserable things you can get.

Hell is helping your dad to the car after his ostomy bag bursts in line at Kroger.

Wanted to beat the poo poo out of the teens laughing at him. Still makes me mad thinking about it.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I feel so god drat bad for ostomy patients, it's probably one of few of the people I take care of in the medical field where I actually have sympathy for in my black rotten soul.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mao got a haircut and bath today. She's a little peeved.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

drat you into some kinky poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Hahahaha

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Animal abuse

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I am so going to piss all over your clean laundry.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ultrasound today

Doc gave it a 90% chance of being a dude

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Ultrasound today

Doc gave it a 90% chance of being a dude

I'm sorry.

My twins drive me crazy but I'm fairly sure my girl won't leave to rot in a third world retirement home.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Ok I sent out an email to DAV

Oh yeah, definitely use DAV as your representative or whatever. I used VFW when I got out and DAV for my reassessment. Either is fine. I've been out of the loop long enough to forget that very important step.

I should have called a DAV rep when I found out I was getting reviewed by QTC this past month, but I'm a forgetful dumbass. If my ratings drops, DAV will be the first people I call.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm sorry.

My twins drive me crazy but I'm fairly sure my girl won't leave to rot in a third world retirement home.

ive got two girls already so im covered

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
In the news again :yayclod:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hit and run? Dui? How'd you make the papers?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Hit and run? Dui? How'd you make the papers?

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUEy55r49fY

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

MurderBot posted:

I feel so god drat bad for ostomy patients, it's probably one of few of the people I take care of in the medical field where I actually have sympathy for in my black rotten soul.

Especially the young ones that haven't lived life yet

We had a young sailor with a bowel obstruction. Instead of sending him out for a proper GI consult they admitted him to "watch" him. Just had a nasograstic tube put in to decompress as far as I know. That whole time his bowels pretty much died and they finally sent him out to a Gi Doc where he had to have a colostomy put in.

Young strappy good looking dude now has a poo poo bag for the rest of his life. Sup ladies

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nice shaved pussy

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did it get matted up?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vengeance shall be mine
/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Just got my acceptance letter for VA health care, anyone know anything about the process to get them to allow you to use non-VA docs and the VA foot the bill? I'm in GA if it helps narrow it down.

Ironically enough, VA coverage is probably better than what I get through my work, as long as im not sick to the point of dying. They charge me nearly full price for my insurance and i have to spend nearly 10 grand in a year or 2 grand in a procedure to even have my insurance help with something.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You have to live so far away or not be able to get an appointment within 30 or so days. You should get a "choice card" in the mail if you haven't already. Call the number on it if you qualify by distance or appointment scheduling problems. If you don't, well, enjoy using your work insurance or paying out of pocket.

The choice card was a feel good bullshit rollout. For most vets, it's absolutely useless. If you're hell bent on saving money so badly, just prepare yourself for health care on par with a troop clinic, because you're in the South. And because it's the VA. Also know that the Georgia VAs, as well as most of the south VAs, weren't following cleaning procedures on some of their equipment and passed around some HIV and Hepatitis C. Proctology and dental departments both guilty. Lots of lovely ER horror stories, plenty of people die in those waiting rooms.

Last time I went to a VA ER, it was in Memphis and the news was running a piece (on repeat, every 30 minutes) about 3 veterans dying in the ER waiting room while in queue to see one of maybe two doctors, if any at all. I sat there for six hours, no one moved, no doctors to be seen. I left and got a bottle of whiskey to help the back pain.

It doesn't get much better elsewhere. I'm in Colorado Springs, a bigger city than Atlanta, and we only have a clinic. There are four major installations surrounding us, and our "hospital" closes at 6:30pm. No emergency facilities. Closest VA ER is in Denver, and they're in a giant clusterfuck about running 300% over budget or something on the new hospital they're building. It's retarded.

On the plus side, having VA health care only still keeps the "no insurance" tax at bay. So yeah, there's that.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 4, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You have to live so far away or not be able to get an appointment within 30 or so days. You should get a "choice card" in the mail if you haven't already. Call the number on it if you qualify by distance or appointment scheduling problems. If you don't, well, enjoy using your work insurance or paying out of pocket.

The choice card was a feel good bullshit rollout. For most vets, it's absolutely useless. If you're hell bent on saving money so badly, just prepare yourself for health care on par with a troop clinic, because you're in the South. And because it's the VA. Also know that the Georgia VAs, as well as most of the south VAs, weren't following cleaning procedures on some of their equipment and passed around some HIV and Hepatitis C. Proctology and dental departments both guilty. Lots of lovely ER horror stories, plenty of people die in those waiting rooms.

Last time I went to a VA ER, it was in Memphis and the news was running a piece (on repeat, every 30 minutes) about 3 veterans dying in the ER waiting room while in queue to see one of maybe two doctors, if any at all. I sat there for six hours, no one moved, no doctors to be seen. I left and got a bottle of whiskey to help the back pain.

It doesn't get much better elsewhere. I'm in Colorado Springs, a bigger city than Atlanta, and we only have a clinic. There are four major installations surrounding us, and our "hospital" closes at 6:30pm. No emergency facilities. Closest VA ER is in Denver, and they're in a giant clusterfuck about running 300% over budget or something on the new hospital they're building. It's retarded.

On the plus side, having VA health care only still keeps the "no insurance" tax at bay. So yeah, there's that.

Well I'm 70 miles from the nearest VA medical center and it's the Atlanta VA so lmao at the idea of getting an appointment in a timely manner. Maybe I'll be able to use the choice card to go to Northeast GA Medical Center in Gainesville. Much closer, clean, and also really good doctors.

Good to know the VA still sucks dick.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bad news: there's a VA Clinic in Flowery Branch. Enjoy the same lovely healthcare we all get!

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My wife has severe Crohn's and it is indeed pretty terrible
My grandfather died from it and my brother just got diagnosed with it not too long ago. I'm not looking forward to my 40s.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Nice shaved pussy

That thing is going to murder you.

Why did you shave it?

I had to shave Statler once because he got some skin infection/ parasite. Lion cut on a guinea pig is hilarious by the way.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

From the deals forum

Any Amazon movie rental for $.99

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&ascsub&node=7888687011&tag=dreldarion-20

the littlest prince posted:

Amazon rentals:

1. You "rent" it by paying the dollar or whatever
2. You get a month to start the rental period
3. Once you start the rental period, you can watch it for 3 days as much as you want

So you could stretch this one out to about two months total but at that point you'd have forgotten you'd even rented it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

no bones about it posted:

Well I'm 70 miles from the nearest VA medical center and it's the Atlanta VA so lmao at the idea of getting an appointment in a timely manner. Maybe I'll be able to use the choice card to go to Northeast GA Medical Center in Gainesville. Much closer, clean, and also really good doctors.

Good to know the VA still sucks dick.

If you have an issue with the care you get at the local in/out facility, they can send you to a third party provider.

For example, there is an one psychiatrist at the in/out facility here. I have a drug problem, in that if you give me benzos, I will not use them the way they are supposed to be used. I was up front with the psych doctor here about my drug issues and he, not five minutes later, prescribed me benzos anyway.

I told the main VA hospital in my region about it and they sent me to a third party psych doc.

Not sure how you can use this info to your advantage, but it helps to be informed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

For choice you have to be over 40 miles from the nearest VA medical facility. If you are, its basically just insurance.

• Locked thread