Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

lol but that dude dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The two things that will always fix a relationship

-opening the relationship
-having a babby

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nice! Might as well buy that V6 Camaro as a gift to yourself.

excuse me sir

I believe you mean camero

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Man I was considering an Forester or XV Crossover for my next ride but I'm strongly considering just making sure my '09 Mazda3 makes it to when I can just buy a new ranger or Bronco. If the bronco is gonna be direct competition for the Wrangler, get hosed FCD.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

man I can't complain about salaried positions all that much, I work my 8 hours, sometimes go to yoga class on my hour long lunch, peep some yoga butts. If I come in for 3 hours on a weekend, I get an entire day off in lieu. There are worse fates.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Woof Blitzer posted:

What about a Ford Focus RS hmm

Drift mooooooode

Also suspension as hard as rocks.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Previous owners are poo poo.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Contoured pillows are bae. It's a night and day difference sleeping on a nice, firm memory foam contoured pillow and a normal one.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The Rat posted:

RE: all the back/neck aches people have been posting about. I got one of these on a friend's recommendation and it owns: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJATS9Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At first it felt all like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5kEyo1qL-U

But then it was like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XzMOW0wgI

I've thrown my back out a couple times from dead lifts, and this thing definitely helps.

(Also it's a unit the size of an MP3 player with electrode pads on wires, so you don't have to worry about it being one of those "massager" units that looks like a big ol' vibrator.)

My hombre, if you're throwing your back out doing deadlifts stop doing deadlifts or drop the weight SIGNIFICANTLY so you can focus on form. Your back should not be engaging to that point whatsoever.

Clench that rear end like the green weenie is trying to invade, deep belly breath, squeeze the lats like you're trying to crush oranges under your armpits and hinge at the HIPS.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The Rat posted:

Yeah I stopped. Having that happen twice in a year was enough for me. No other exercise I do has that kind of risk or injury potential.

I've been doing kettlebell swings to work that area in the meantime. What other lower back exercises are there that aren't as risky?

Weighted back extensions. When you get on the rack, extend using your glutes, not your back. Makes your butt hurt real good.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

just one more day before he takes over @potus

god help us all

also holly bloops my work has a fitness center and they bring in a yoga instructor, she's like 5'2 and a super bubbly blonde and has an absolutely glorious butt.

however then she starts talking about negative energy and Himalayan salt and positive ions and I just wanna shut my ears.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I need to get back in shape for rugby come april/may or else ol' Horus is gonna get smacked around like the proverbial redheaded stepchild.

I'm as strong as I've ever been but also packed on too many pounds. Did a friendly powerlifting meet and put up 2 new PRs, 320lb squat and 230 bench, DL is sitting around 410lbs. I'm pretty happy with those for now, but it's time to lean out a little.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

At least you've never called in the army/national guard to shovel snow

gently caress you Mel Lastman.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

TheQuietWilds posted:

I've always felt like Generation Kill was the most accurate military thing I've ever seen. The driver guy who was always hopped up on ripits was like 1/2 the people I met in the military. Only one Rudy-a-like, but a billion of that guy.

He wasn't hosed up on rip-its, it was ripped fuel. Basically Ephedra. It's a lower key amphetamine that used to be marketed for weight loss, until guys in their 20s starting having heart attacks.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

lite_sleepr posted:

Ray was coked out on ripped fuel.

He knows how to eat ravioli.

That was such a good series.

AT LEAST MY MOM TOOK ME TO NASCAR

And Iceman is kinda my ideal of a soldier/marine should be.

:stare: There are men in those trees. *pop* *pop*

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm just running out of goddamned storage on my 5S, works perfectly fine for everything I do with the damned thing otherwise.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I think it was better the second time, you pick up on a lot of things you might have missed the first time

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm suddenly reminded of that picture of the man who whipped his dick out at a protest for feminists and the look on his face is equal parts terror and absolute arousal.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

It was my birthday yesterday

I bought 30 bucks worth of timmies for the boys in my shop, and got absolutely ragged on for being 10 years younger than the youngest guy (I'm 32 now)

Then my girlfriend took me out to the best BBQ joint in Toronto, fed me beers and shots, and bought me a 12-pack of custom-baked cookies.

If this is adulting, I'm OK with this.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Two Finger posted:

88mm. Don't be a pussy.

You can only fit 14 rounds in the mag though.

I'm not satisfied with 14/88.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

fuuuuck you guys and your unlimited data, I'm on probably the best deal in all of Ontario right now, unlimited talk/text/4gb data for 40 bucks a month but it's a BYOD service (Public mobile)

If I wanted this same level of service with any of the big 3 (Rogers/Bell/Telus) it'd be over 100 bucks a month easily.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Arya and her dad

HEY

The Hound is not her dad. They have more of a buddy cop relationship going.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I paid 250k for a 2br/2bt 1250sqft condo in 2013

It's worth about 450 now.

Lol GTA real estate

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Season 2 is available for purchase and episodes are streaming the day after they Air on Amazon. Season 1 is free with Amazon Prime.

Worth the $19 or whatever to buy season 2.

Amos is the GiP spirit animal. He's enlisted as gently caress and awesome.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Pesticide20 posted:

His character is the best in the books and it's good that they didn't gently caress it up with the show

I'm just getting through the first book now and I am very happy they didn't stray too far away between the books and the show, some stuff got shifted around but that's about it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

A ground crewman miscalculated the total fuel on board the jet for departure and through a series of misunderstandings and poor documentation, the aircraft fuel quantity system wasn't operational. The biggest error, the miscalculated fuel load, should've been caught had the 767 flown with a flight engineer who would've been responsible for double checking the fuel load math.

What ended up happening is that the pilot found himself with zero fuel midway through the flight. Woops!

Air Transat 236 is incredible too

Had a fuel feel line break going to one of the engines, ran out of gas in the middle of the Atlantic. The Captain and co-pilot manage to land the bird with no engines on the Azores. They flew the plane 120km completely unpowered.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I'm going to bed, but I'm probating Wasabi The J one more time.

Have you ever seen Star Trek 5, Shim? You're basically the God alien right now.

WHY IS GOD ANGRY?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

Trip report: Chicago deep dish pizza is...good? I am conflicted.

Where'd you go for it?

I went to Lou Malnati's, shared a medium with my GF and had to take food coma naps afterwards holy gently caress that poo poo is heavy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Yeah Pequod's was the other place recommended but the weather was such poo poo that Malnati's was closer.

Real loving good. Real loving heavy.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

All I wanted this year was one properly good snow-dicking from mother nature so I could justify a snow day and lounge around in my boxers drinking coffee and watch my condo staff toil at cleaning the snow

Instead I got a limp-dick sprinkle of lovely little flakes and cold weather. I am disappointed.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

That was the first thing that stuck out to me while watching.

Well yeah it's a movie about a man with indestructible claws, the man is a walking slap-chop

One that that kinda weirded me out though; when he's getting his rear end kicked by those dudes at the beginning, the one that kicks Logan in the head...shouldn't his foot be completely shattered from soccer-kicking his adamantium-coated skull?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

The Rock is just a great movie all around.

"It's you. You're the rocket man."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

This is definitely a must

Stick your dick in the battleship guns out front.

You know you want to

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Vasudus posted:

worse i had yospos open

nooooooo

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Shoulders are the dumbest weakest joint and they're so easy to injure and so hard to heal properly

Popped mine out in the last game of my rugby season last year during a tackle. Not fun.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

As much as I want something fast and exciting and fun, I am resigned that my next car will most likely be the diesel CX-5 or XV CrossSport as it's hard to fit camping gear and a canoe onto a miata.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

christ if any loving automaker would make a small pick-up again I'd buy it

I'm tempted to wait until the new ranger/bronco

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Polestars are my jam but goddamn are they EXPENSIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

at the date posted:

you only think this because lead poisoning from chewing that pencil your mother warned you not to has destroyed your memory

That's graphite

or is that the joke

also a fine neutron moderator good thing the krauts hosed up their arithmetic and couldn't figure that out.

• Locked thread