Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
RIP Holly Bloops he used one of the Forbidden Tags trying to make this thread :negative:

Admins should fix it soon though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm going to get hammered in a cabin in the woods.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Watching my friend's 70-something grandma belt out Roxanne :stare:

Yes this is the one who sang Short Dick Man to her husband at the last get together.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

New Years Day sober and cleaning my apartment and enjoying it. Got this adult thing down. :feelsgood:

Well I'm not hungover...

Seems like a good day to vacuum.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Did you slip her the D?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Re: Dutch ovens, is there something special about La Creuset that justifies the price? I look at those versus the cheaper yet functional enamelware I already own and wonder if people are just paying for a brand name.

it's all about the brand.

lodge is just as good and about a third the price

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i really loving want a pressure cooker its probably next on my list

I have an irrational(?) fear of pressure cookers :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mind.

Blown.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I think it was a joke, y'all.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

Ronald Reagan.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Parkinsons has been linked to exposure to agent orange, so my mom is trying to convince him to claim it under his exposure during Vietnam.

We'll see how it goes.

Couldn't hurt. My dad got his Crohn's disease linked to Agent Orange exposure and got a 100% disability rating. Took about 10 years to get though. Hopefully the VA is better now LOL...

Edit: watching him deal with Crohn's has been horrifying. Dude has had so many surgeries been hospitalized so many times. I pray I never get it. Shame they don't really know what causes it...

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 3, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TBeats posted:

i've met one person with crohn's. i remember he had a pregnant belly from it and without any notice he may have to leave the room to go poo poo.

seemed like one of the more miserable things you can get.

Hell is helping your dad to the car after his ostomy bag bursts in line at Kroger.

Wanted to beat the poo poo out of the teens laughing at him. Still makes me mad thinking about it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

I've got three days left at this job. I was taken off of client meetings and don't have anything to do. It kind of owns.

I'm really regretting taking vacation last week. I've spent the last day and a half playing catchup :negative:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

She needs to take that Home Ec course with a robot babby that cries like a banshee if you don't give it your mostly undivided attention 24/7. That traumatized the heck out of my youngest daughter.

Was the mother addicted to meth while pregnant? Sis-in-law better get the crackdrug babby robot for the best possible experience.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh we posting alarms?

Have to get up early tomorrow for a meeting at the VA. Who the hell schedules a meeting at 8am?! :argh:

Fake edit: it is an Apple Watch screenshot

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

See Zeris this would be a good time to break out those IK powers

backseat IK-ing is frowned upon, sir :redass:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Anyone here use sling? Is it any good? Can my husband watch his BS network sitcoms (The Middle :barf:)? Is there DVR-like functionality?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

There is an alarming number of teenagers in this theater. Thinking about forming a coalition of adults to maintain order.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

If you complain about them making noise you can get free tickets (done it before)

Fortunately the settled down once the lights went down.

Passengers was... a movie.

You think they used that magic 'bring you back to life' machine on Lawrence Fishburne before chucking his corpse out the airlock? :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/CollegeHumor/videos/10154353480982807/

lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TBeats posted:

Last cruise I went on I took a girl's virginity then made the mistake of giving her my phone number. Talk about clingy.

cole you are the platonic ideal of an enlisted person

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

New job has the following poo poo:

A Bunn coffee drip machine. Finally I'm not suffering with bullshit keurig-like contraptions

Fully stocked kitchen with candy and healthy poo poo. Like 4 kinds of trail mix dispensers.

All in all pretty good.

is there a ballpit?

In other news, my car's transmission exploded* and we're having to share one car which sucks because ideally I make a lot of site visits or do outreach during the workday so I've been effectively trapped in my office the last two days. I called the dealership for an update and got some snobby attitude about not making an appointment and just dropping it off so they'll get to it when they get to it -- like I wanted my car to break down on my way to work yesterday morning.

*it didn't explode per se but the transmission is totally hosed up, wouldn't shift properly and when it tried the car surged. couldn't go over 30 without some crazy shutter/RPM surging. I limped to the local Ford dealer. There are several recalls for various transmission components on my car so I'm hoping it's covered under one of those :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

No, but we have a zen room where people can go take a nap on bean bags plus a game room with a pool table and ping pong tables.

Sounds cool. Hope it isn't one of those tech companies where you're scheduled for 8 hour days but are "encouraged" to work more if you need to ...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

no bones about it posted:

If they have a fully stocked kitchen and "zen room" they probably expect you to live there in order to fulfill their bullshit workload that they refuse to hire on extra people to handle.

:ohdear:

stay safe holocaust ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nuclear Tourist posted:

You drive a Focus right, the one with the dual clutch 6-speed auto? Drove one of those for a few years, recently got rid of it, and heard second hand that the new owner has pretty much exactly the same problem as you. There's a Ford dealership close to where I work and I was told they replace the transmissions in those Focuses on a daily basis.

Yeah I do. Love the car but the transmission has always been a little squirrelly. Dealership called and said everything was under the recall so I'll pay nothing out of pocket.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I didn't get a loaner which sucks but I have an excuse to work from home tomorrow :woop:
'
Despite this, I'd still recommend a Focus. Love that sweet, sweet 37 highway MPG.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Insurance company didn't pay for a rental?

You know I didn't even think to do that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

When I totaled a car 10 years ago the insurance company paid for a rental for a certain period of time, so a week or two.

Yeah when I got backed into and my bumper got hosed up I had a loaner for the week it was in the shop, it just never occurred to me to call for one when I drove the car to the dealership myself.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

No-fault sucks and insurance is expensive as hell. I pay $160 a month for full coverage and a $1000 deductible which seems high compared to other places I've insured a car with comparable coverage.

As usual USAA is pretty cool because every time I've been in a wreck they've waived the deductible because I wasn't at fault.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

My mom fell down the stairs and broke her neck. Lived, not paralyzed. She's only sixty but having increasing problems with illness and mobility and is in and out of the hospital for a few years now. This is kind of the last straw and I'm going to start looking at nurses or in home care a few times a week. Grown rear end woman was a hard drinker for a long time and her body is paying for it now, and I don't think her husband is really doing anything aside from shuttling her to the doctor.

I'm sorry to hear that man. I don't think I'm ready for my parents being old. My mom has a history of alzheimer's and dementia on her side of the family and every time she forgets something or acts confused my stress spikes because I have to determine if it's just normal aging or something more sinister.

My relationship with my folks is the best it has ever been, I'm not ready for this :sigh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:stare:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Do yourself a favor and watch these today.

Genius :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSCm8yAxBr8

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ribeyes I picked up yesterday are smelling good :yum:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

You know, The Middle isn't a bad show. Norm McDonald even has a recurring bit role. Kinda surprised ABC made something worth watching.

Yeah we really enjoy it.

Also ribeye turned out amazing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yes. He's ruined restaurant steaks forever.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

He use a butter baste too? Looks different than my pan seared steaks

I think so, and marinates in Dale's.

I don't know how exactly he does it, I just know they amazing. All I have to do is pick up the meat (heh) and he does the rest.

I personally can't really cook worth a drat :shrug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

An immersion blender is also a good investment.

Never used it for sauce but have for soups.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I have a '12 hatch that despite the transmission problem (fixed zero out of picket) I'd still recommended it. Had an '04 hatch before that which was a solid car.

'09 is that awkward middle generation where they weren't offering hatches. Don't know about that one.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Return it and get an Apple Watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Doesn't that thing have a battery life of like 4 hours?

And yea I obsessively track all of my workouts. I've got two small notebooks of every exercise and run going back to 2011. I find that building in some level of accountability keeps me focused.

nah, lasts all day

• Locked thread