Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Re: Dutch ovens, is there something special about La Creuset that justifies the price? I look at those versus the cheaper yet functional enamelware I already own and wonder if people are just paying for a brand name.

I have some Lodge enamelware and the lady has some Le Creuset stuff. We both bought them around the same time a few years back, and we both used the products a similar amount before we combined kitchens. If I cleaned my Lodge stuff up I think I could get it looking Very Good. If I cleaned her Le Creuset stuff up, it'd probably look Like New. Hard to say if that justifies the price difference, but if I have to make a guess, I bet the trend will continue and her stuff will hold up a little bit better over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Did the gun market bottom out? Is now a good time to buy? I need a new hobby.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Just add a question mark at the end.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
I think the "you'll get them in a month, probably" shipping option is free, otherwise it's a few bucks.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Buy one and don't look back. It can do everything from ribs to risotto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Smiling Jack posted:

Basically an electronic pressure cooker, right?

Yep. Makes pressure cooking dead simple. No messing with heat or seals or anything.

• Locked thread