Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Third World Reggin posted:

I am maybe going to meet newt gingrich in a few weeks.

Quietly sniff and ask if anyone else smells coleslaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Bullshit. Batteries are no less reliable than they have been for the past two decades. The problem is corrosion and a bad connection. There's enough juice, it's just not getting through. Scrape that poo poo off and make sure the terminals are tight on the posts.

Edit: Get a tool like this. Shove it on the post and twist until it's clean. Remove the cap and use the brush inside to clean the inside of the terminal.

Also get some battery terminal grease.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TBeats posted:

When people say 2012 I'm like "oh so about two years ago" and then it hits me... :smith:

Senility and death is right around the corner!!!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Beer is a significant part of my daily calorie intake so I start losing weight when I stop drinking. I'm a skinny bastard already so I just have to keep drinking.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Also B&D bought craftsmen and not sure what their future is with their tools.

Huh, didn't know that. I guess Sears really is finished now, didn't think they'd sell off that crown jewel.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I used to work for Sears a while back. Pretty glad I jumped off that ship before it began sinking.

So before like 1990?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Didn't Sears get killed by Objectivism or something?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

We all are.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arc Light posted:

lol if you think America's seen the last of Hillary Clinton.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/hillary-50-50-on-running-for-nyc-mayor-insider-claims/

Just gotta build that resume some more, then she'll be a slam dunk for POTUS.

quote:

nypost.com

lol

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Unsweet tea superiority

Fight me.

"unsweet tea" is a terrible retronym which indicates unwelcome encroachment of Southern diabetes culture.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

But trains are cool.

Heh.

Butt trains.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Chemists need work too.

Which is why they should do some good for the country and improve the LSD supply.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
My wife usually makes a big pot of soup on Sundays that carries us through most of the week.

I need to stop doing that because I'm having trouble maintaining weight.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

I think I nailed the red beans and rice this time. Though I think I'm going to stick to plain white rice instead of brown, remove the carrots, and get some fukken hot sauce!

My red beans and rice starts with the holy trinity, put in the red beans, add some home-blended chili powder, toss in some sausage, stir with white rice and then add hot sauce to taste.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 30, 2017

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

I make the rice separately.

I get the beans in water in the cooker, on high, for something like 10 hours. To that I add a handful of spices like marjoram, bay leaves, pepper, and a block of chicken flavor. I don't add the sausage until about 2 hours before it's done. I've found that putting the sauasge in with the beans causes them to burst and split.

I want to try your way this week. Gonna buy some Julio's special homemade spice. poo poo is full of MSG so it must be delicious.

My way takes about 20 minutes because I sautee the vegetables and stir in the beans, spices, and sausage while the rice is cooking. Once the rice is done, I dump one pot into the other, stir, sauce, and serve.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LongDarkNight posted:

Got a can of tomatoes that expired Feb 28 2015. What do you think Dad Thread, good to go?

The bulge just means it's bursting with flavor.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kuroyama posted:

The Lion King is better.

edit: Actually, there are couple better Disney movies. I will say it's in the top ten though.

Fantasia is #1, no question.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

My standard youtube fodder includes "Cody's lab", which is a mildly autistic dude's channel for sciencey poo poo. He has poo poo about digging mines and playing with thermite, refining precious metals, etc.

It's a good channel, give it a shot.

I've used it in class this year, it's good.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

There's a ton of bespoke artisanal burger places around here so I haven't eaten at a chain burger place in 2.5 years.

The pizza here is still rates from abysmal to 'eh' though.

The soccer pub down the street has some of the best burgers in town so there is no reason for me to go to a chain.
I like where I live

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It costs $150,000 it's an exotic car.

nah, it's a halo car.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

TBeats posted:

semantics. halo cars are generally exotic.

My understanding:
Halo cars are made by mass market car makers and priced above their standard lineup. e.g. Audi R8.
Exotics are by low volume manufacturers that don't have a mass market lineup. e.g. anything by Koenigsegg.
Supercars can be in either category depending on who makes them, so the Ford GT would be a halo supercar for Ford, whereas the Enzo Ferrari would be an exotic supercar.

The difference being that a halo car is supposed to attract average people to the brand, enticing them to buy a regular sedan which they can afford while dreaming of the halo which they can't.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Genocide Tendency posted:

They were going to but then decided to put a V6 in the GT.

This thing hit 290mph with a 1990 Oldsmobile 4 cylinder.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

it still blows my mind that most americans don't use clotheslines for their washing, but then most places in auckland have a backyard so...

i've used drying racks since college. No sense in wasting money and electricity.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

Do y'all chrun your own butter? Then do you put it in the ice box? LoL at saving ~$50 a month by not using a dryer.

Churned butter is basically the best and $50 a month is some good beer.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Zeris posted:

. So some recruiter somewhere must be laughing their rear end off at the Puerto Rican they sent us who couldn't articulate a single English word without an accent tongue hosed like a microphone in front of a bomba dj. The kicker is that the dude was brilliant and knew his job perfectly, but pilots on the radio couldn't understand a damned thing.

I had an E5 like this. I put him on the radio whenever someone on the other end was pissing me off.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lite_sleepr posted:

Getting a DUI is inexcusable. Two? Drunk drivers kill people and ruin families.

There was no one this dude could call?

Clearly there loving wasn't with that kind of CO setting command climate.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Saw him before I deployed a few years back, figured I should do it once before it was too late.
Glad I did.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

That's generally the perspective I take when I go to concerts. It's the reason I saw the Police at bonnaroo a decade ago, and John Paul Jones. I might not always like all of what I hear, but I might not have the chance again. Not sure at this point who I caught before they died, besides Whitney Houston. There's almost certainly more. Gordon Lightfoot is still alive, if he ever plays around Denver I'm getting tickets.

Never saw Chuck Berry though.

This was more or less my experience:
https://twitter.com/Ben_Fred/status/843232071015436289

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Booblord Zagats posted:

One of the things I've been impressed with living so close to Mexico is how good mexican beer can be. Even their garbage swill is better than anything here in the states aside from MAYBE Highlife. Montejo, Modelo and Noche Buena are all pretty solid cheap poo poo

How are you posting on the internet from 1973?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LongDarkNight posted:

How can the Earth be flat if it's hollow and filled with dinosaurs nazis?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hallmarks of a good gas station: gas, tobacco, mediocre coffee

- clean bathroom

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Two Finger posted:

iranian chicks are so fuckin hot

:yeah:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lmfao love these dweebs

ya ok lemme just open carry into a police station with a balaclava on and body armor it's mah right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lji-LmNiVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfYXKBta47s

Being white is awesome.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Disco actually owns, what the gently caress is wrong with you

Disco was for people too white or gay to appreciate funk.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Definitely weird uncle.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kazinsal posted:

Dude's even turned a load bearing wall into load bearing drywall-and-two-by-fours.

The Groverhaus Reloaded :magical:

Dammit, I gave up intentionally seeking out morons to mock for Lent.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MA-Horus posted:

Shoulders are the dumbest weakest joint and they're so easy to injure and so hard to heal properly

Popped mine out in the last game of my rugby season last year during a tackle. Not fun.

The first time I did it was rugby, the second time was boxing.

Both times I did go to the ER. Had significant surgery after the second time, but I still was a dumbass and never went to physical therapy for it so I have a permanently weakened right shoulder. It's not going to dislocate any more but I'll never be strong there.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Modded cars are universally cheaper than an unmolested car for good reason.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
lol, I got one as a rental back in 2010 and it had the worst acceleration of anything i've ever driven, including an early 80s Buick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Buick Regal for 2018 is available as a p sexy looking wagon

I hope it sells gangbusters and brings on a grand new renaissance of wagons in these United States

Just gotta keep my current car running for another 2-3 years so I can afford it.

Or the hatchback version.

• Locked thread