Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

bird food bathtub posted:

The picture doesn't show scale very well. This furry bastard is 19 pounds of cuddles that basically inserts himself into the bed between the wife and I at night, even if that means standing on top of us with four paws dividing up his weight and waiting until one of us rolls out of his way.

That is a rad loving catte :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Pesticide20 posted:

:catstare: I want to smoke from that bong

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think from now on I will only take my vehicles to mechanics with shop dogs

CommieGIR posted:

Shop cats are a sign of superior maintainers.

The shop I used to work at had both a shop dog and a shop cat, it owned.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

The wrongest opinion. I loving love the SW20 but saying it's better than the AW11 is just plain old crazy talk.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

im always amused by the litany of random things goons hate.

I don't think it's a money grab necessarily but I have known plenty of ASE Certified techs that couldn't diagnose poo poo to save their rear end. Like anything else it's just a piece of paper that says you took a course and a test, whether or not it actually sunk in is a different story. I'm fortunate that I have the training and can work on my own cars so I don't usually ever have to deal with shops or dealers. My experience with shops in this area is almost universally bad, they've all tried to pull scams or straight up charged me for work they then didn't do or hosed up something else while doing it so I'll never trust another person to touch my cars again.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

My podunk shithole was too small for it to work. Had to go to a metro area.

Same except gently caress going to a metro area.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

You just drag the map to another area.

Apparently I am either retarded or my app wasn't responding properly cuz I did try that.

I'm probably just retarded.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Naked Bear posted:

Nic Cage has always been and forever will be a terrible actor. There are exactly two (2) good Nic Cage movies: Lord of War (because he didn't actually have to act) and The Rock (through no fault of his own).

You forgot Con Air but otherwise this is pretty accurate.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought he lived in the Dismal Swamp, Virginia.

Grover lived in VA, this new challenger to the throne is in Cali.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I saw this parked at work today and I went all giddy for a few minutes. Also pictured: my ex-Eco Lab work truck that is super handy.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i loved that avatar

i got banned from posting in imp zone bc of it

Real talk I spent nearly an hour a few weeks ago trying to track down the original news story your av was from so a new copy could be make but I was flying totally blind and couldn't remember if it had been posted in the CE thread or the chat thread, or which iteration of either of may have been in.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

orange juche posted:

Comcast finally showed up and installed my cable service. Paid for the 100mbps tier, ran a speedtest, and got 125mpbs :getin:

Comcast's customer service is loving awful though, jesus.

My new house has xfinity and it's pretty amazing. 120MBps is like literal magic to someone that's had at-best 1MBps ADSL for the last 7 years, and dial-up before that. I can actually watch youtubes in HD and stuff.

Their customer service over the phone is loving garbage though, even the field tech that came out to unfuck the cable install some other tech did said they have to deal with the phone dicks and it's the worst.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

i have a history of coups

unfortunately i also have that whole thing of mercing most of gip, but i wouldn't be a good tyrant without a bit of brutal oppression

I got a pretty good chuckle out of your rampage, and felt honored to be included in it.

Shim for IK, forever.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

whats supposed to be the better one, the altima or the maxima?

The Maxima is the better one, although since they are both Nissans it's a bit like saying you prefer the bowl of poo poo over a steaming mug of piss.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The B18 Sentra SE-R was a great car, as were the 240s and the Zs. Nissan had a lot of good cars over the years but now even their best and greatest achievement (the GT-R) has been left to rot on the vine for 10 years with only minor updates, and their normal cars are aggressively mediocre compared to their competitors.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Your honor I present into evidence the Nissan Juke

The prosecution also would like to present the Versa, the new Pathfinder, and the Rogue.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

pretty much everything that's not a subaru is garbage in gip's eyes

I'm a Volvo guy personally but my old beater Forester has 315k miles on it and the engines been knocking for 31,000 miles. I haven't done an oil change since it started knocking because I have a spare engine and want to see how long it'll last under heavy abuse. So far, I'm incredibly impressed.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Professor Bling posted:

Motorcycles: cool and good

Mazdas: some are cool and good but no dorito not for me-o

Other modern cars: melted candy bar lookin' rear end smdftb

Old cars: cool and good

You're all right, friend.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

I humbly present the RX-8 and the RENESIS engine which is bad.

In classic car news, my GF's dad (who already has a McLaren 650S, a Tesla P90D, a Alfa Romeo Spyder from the early 90s, a Porsche "beater" and a Mini Cooper S "lovely Beater") has added a new vehicle to the collection.

A MOTHERFUCKING JAGUAR E-TYPE

What year and how many cylinders? The V12s are massive whores to work on and own but my god the I6 E-types are amazing cars. I miss working in an old Jaguar shop so bad.

Also,

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you should totally be nailing his daughter on the hood of that e-type

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mad Dragon posted:

Someone who owns a McLaren, a Tesla, a Porsche, and a classic Jag probably isn't going to be DIYing anything.

Probably not, but I imagine they'd also prefer to actually drive their classic Jag rather than stare at it through the windows of their mechanic's shop.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

suboptimal posted:

This loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glHrLyDpV1k

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

For some reason it's way easier to sleep in 110 degree afghan heat than it is to sleep in American heat.

Humidity is the loving devil

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

Is that a 4afe?

7A, the stroker version

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

I'm in a house and the people around me are talking about cousin loving.

I need to find another house to be in.

Wait were they all for cousin-loving or against? That's kind of important, but still find another house to be in.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Today I bought a grill (3 burner with side burner), a weed whacker, and a 1/4" impact gun to go with my 1/2" one.

Dad as gently caress

e; also parts to fix the lawnmower and some weed killer.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The weed whacker is also one of them new-fangled 'lectric batt'ry powered jobbies. The impact is also battery powered because no room for a compressor.

It's me, I'm the worst.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

Fuckkkk this drive back to Virginia from Florida is so miserable.

gently caress driving 95 in the daylight. Whenever I go visit my dad in Atlanta I make sure to plan my schedule so all of my driving happens between midnight and 8am.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Harambe doesn't shake hands, he shakes toddlers

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Dead Reckoning posted:

Fat bottomed DFAC. It has since been erased.

I missed it by minutes last night :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Still 11/10 all day long

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I've had 3 or 4 from doing stupid poo poo and I definitely notice that my brain don't thunk so good no more.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Vasudus posted:

You don't have to lose consciousness for an mTBI, the limit is just 0 minutes to 30 minutes for that classification and it's the easiest indicator along with seeing stars / having your bell rung / etc. There's a reason why you run the MACE every time you *might* have had one, just to be sure. There's other more involved tests if you rank low on the MACE (or have other signs of impaired cognition) but otherwise don't show common symptoms like headaches.

Hitting your head is really bad guys.

Between all the times I've legitimately banged my head on something solid, and all the times I punched myself in the head (anger issues/self hatred loving sucks a lot), I've probably screwed my grey matter up really good. Gotten a lot better about the hitting myself thing, but it was a problem since I was a small child so gently caress knows what damage has been done.

I wish I could stop hating myself, but I'll have to settle for not doing any more damage to the part that makes me me so there can be a chance of learning to like who I am or something.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I drove a rental ecoboost Mustang for a thousand or so miles last year and I did not want to get out of it or give it back. They really did a good job with that car, if I had the money I'd be plunking a down payment on one tomorrow.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
IIRC Toyota didn't want Subaru to have a hotter version of the twins than they did. Nevermind that they could have just used the same engine in their FRS.

Toyota has been dead to me as a company for many years because of exactly this type of poo poo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Literally murder all HOA committees

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kuroyama posted:

92 degrees today. 5 minutes outside and I was dripping with sweat. Didn't help I was in a suit for those 5 minutes.

All funerals need to take place on rainy days.

It was 92 here and I mowed the lawn. Get good scrub (sorry for your loss)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I thought the same thing but dabs instead of beer.

ayup, same.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
lol at all you spergs still correcting Naked Bear when it was pretty obvious from his post that he got the reference and was making a joke.

• Locked thread