Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Went on a first date last night, because I like to live dangerously. She was a little chubby, but fun to talk to and has great baps, so I'm definitely going for round two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Doesn't S&W still make good quality guns? I'm always tempted to drop money on one of theirs as opposed to paying the same for a bubba built gun.
They do, but there is absolutely zero reason to buy a new one. The world is swimming in used Model 10s (they've made about 6,000,000 so far) and it's easy to pick one up in good mechanical shape for sub $400.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

Wait where do you find a $300 cruise?

Somalia.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Looking for a new daily driver, currently considering Mazda 3, Ford Focus, and Honda Accord. I've been looking at reviews, and it's hard to find ones that aren't completely unhelpful or obviously paid. Anything else I should be considering, will any of those implode at 36k miles or give me AIDS?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well I mean, what are you looking for?

Four door coupe wagon 4 cylinder age range big small what

Four door, sedan, coupe or hatchback, less than 5 years old, $15,000-$22,000, heat/AC, power doors/windows/locks, aux input. Back up camera and heated seats are nice, but not necessary. I've driven the Mazda 3 (I didn't like the console layout, and the automatic transmission was really noticeably sluggish on the one I drove) and the Accord (no complaints, but more expensive.)

Thinking about getting the Accord Sport, which has been about the same price as the LX, for the higher trim driver's seat and seeing if I can remove the spoiler and skirt pieces.

I really just want a daily driver that gets good gas mileage and has low total cost of ownership, but isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of build quality or interior trim, since I do a lot of long weekend trips to visit family.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

orange juche posted:

The EPA will hate you for buying a Volkswagen TDI but the fuel economy is nuts. 42mpg hwy.
This is exactly what I have right now. It gets a consistent 36 mpg combined city/highway and feels nice to drive, but I live in California and I'm pretty sure CARB is going to sneak out into the DMV parking lot and smash it with a giant Bugs Bunny hammer the next time I try to renew my registration if I don't accept whatever gimped fix VW comes up with.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 16, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Anyone driven the Mazda 6?
The Ford Fusion is right out, we have them at work and I despise them.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

I bought a 2002 Focus new, drove it for 137,000 miles over about 10.5 years before selling it to a neighbor. It was still getting the window-sticker mpg, and I'd spent less than $500 total in repairs.

Edit: Don't buy a car right now, wait a couple of months. MY2018 is about to kick off, and all those 2017s will suddenly become a liability for the dealer. Not as bad as they will be in December, but I'm guessing you don't want to wait that long. June/July-ish though...sales will fire up.

Thanks, but I'm not looking to buy new. I want to get this done ASAP so I can get on with life. I'll try the Focus and Mazda 6 next week, see what I think.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Anyone tried USAA's car buying service? How much money would I be leaving on the table vs haggling with dealers personally? Because not having to do that sounds very appealing.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ManMythLegend posted:

The bigger problem with self driving cars is that they are little programmed to take actions that will kill their drivers instead of pedestrians or other drivers in emergencies. That narrative will never fly with the American populace.

I bought the thing, I change its oil, pay for all its maintenance. If it has the choice between killing me, or an entire school bus full of nuns, it had better pick the nuns every single time.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Lol loving el mags you goony gently caress

ElMaligno posted:

Here is me photoshoping myself getting a haircut and shaving my vacation beard.

This is what Gaius Baltar would look like if the Cylon in this head was a 13 year old child.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
If Mr. Robot wasn't allowed within 1000yds of a playground or elementary school.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
He looks like a public masturbator is what I'm saying.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to everyone for the car advice. Have it narrowed down to the Focus and the Camry Sport. The Camry has the nicer interior and bigger trunk space, but the Focus is cheaper and more fun to drive.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

get a focus rs and driftmode into a wall on a family trip.

P. much the plan if I get cancer, minus the family.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Zeris posted:

What thread is this?

It's confusing me too, but I think this is general chat and Her Royal Majesty's Fat Bottomed Dining Facility of Excellence is drunkchat.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

which one had the trip down goatse lane in it

Fat bottomed DFAC. It has since been erased.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mustang posted:

Mine keeps insinuating that he want's some time as acting PL like some of his classmates, I've already told him he's out of his goddamn mind to think that I would let him tell one of my NCO's/soldiers what to do.

Attach a single private to his command for a day. Make the cadet "officer in charge of raking grass" or sorting rocks by size or something equally banal. Secretly give the private permission to wander off, fall asleep on duty, and set things on fire for no reason (assuming you don't already have a private who does this) so long as he doesn't talk back and simply meets all criticism and corrections with a fish-eyed stare. Berate the cadet mercilessly every time a task is not performed in the time you were expecting it done (never tell him the expectation in advance.) Demand a 15 minute PowerPoint on a task that only requires 10 minutes of uninterrupted work. Detach the private for a different working party, but don't change the goals you set for the cadet to reflect a 50% reduction in manpower. Require a draft evaluation of the private before the end of the next duty day, requiring him to stay to 9 PM to finish it. Lose it, then steadfastly deny having received it.

This will either drive him to suicide, or fully prepare him for officer life.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What happened to "hang all nobles"?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
What's the best place to get a free FICO score if your bank/credit card issuer doesn't offer it? Nerdwallet and Credit.com want me to sign up for their monthly monitoring and spam mail, which I really don't want to do.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, I checked, and I don't have an account with a company that does this. One of the many reasons I'm angling for a new CC.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

Use the free once a year govt sanctioned option that I'm too lazy to google, to check your credit score across all three reports. Don't use credit karma or any other bullshit with a whack tv commercial.

I use annualcreditreport.com, but it has two issues: it doesn't show you your score, just the report, and the verification to get your report requires you to answer questions about... Your credit report, which is a problem if anything is wrong. I'm pretty sure Equifax has some bad data about me, but I need to snail mail them a copy of my ID to get it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Housechat: Sacramento is not great. $800 min for a studio in the city proper, unless you're willing to live in the hood.

I actually have enough warbucks and inheritance saved up to put down a deposit on a house, but A) I want to figure out a longer term path, career-wise before I commit to an area, and B) I don't want to commit to Sac because a lot of the city is only a few feet above sea level, and I think people in the low lying areas are gonna get hosed by global warming.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

There's always a price to pay man. You have a girlfriend and a life and all that. I got guns and chickens and when work allows, road trips and sleeping in my car. Working on getting more socially apt, but it's not easy when you're a goon :v:

Don't worry, Christian Wolfe, one day your Anna Kendrick will come.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'll make an exception to my cross-forum drama rule for this:
PCOS is the definition of the Loyal Opposition, and he may not even know it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I had a horselady get extremely mad and ask my girlfriend behind my back to put me in check after I commented that the horses should be getting medals at the Olympics, since they're the ones doing most of the work.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

anyone who didnt post up to this point are the real fatties

your silences speak volumes

5'10", 170, but I need to get my muscle to fat ratio back in balance, I'm dangerously close to turning into a skinnyfat.

I actually lost 10 lbs when I got out, but I had just moved half way across the country, lost my job, was on the rocks with my girl, and my dad was dying of cancer, so.... I don't recommend mindbending stress as a diet strategy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

roller derby chicks

Let me put it to you this way: Derby Girls love drama and gossip even more than normal women.

If you gently caress one of them, fully expect that the rest of the team, if not the league, are gonna know your measurements, what kind of car you drive, and the contents of your medicine cabinet by the end of 24 hours. If you've got a big dick or the most talented tongue since Giacomo Casanova, she's going to tell all her friends, so it's a great way to get access to a rotating cast of women who at least think of themselves as athletes, but know that sooner or later one of them is going to feel rejected/jealous and decide to blow it up.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Personal goals include one day making an AR-10 SBR in some godawful barrel burning caliber with a JP recoil eliminator.

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Why do we care if something makes people whose opinion we don't care about mad?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I guess. I've just been trying really hard to get away from making decisions based on spite and emotional investment lately.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
His roommate is getting evicted by their landlord, who is apparently not capable of competently serving notice.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Do children these days no longer get beaten by their elders if they are unable to sit still and be quiet? I'm working with a 20 year old on this bid, and he cannot go 5 minutes without singing along with radio advertisements, drumming on the steering wheel, randomly unscrewing the first thing in reach, idly clicking his tongue, etc.

And he puts his feet on the dash, which is never OK, but is especially not OK when he is blocking my view of the passenger side wing mirror in rush hour traffic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
HE JUST CHANGED THE RADIO STATION AWAY FROM ARETHA FRANKLIN TO JUSTIN BIEBER.

AND LEFT IT THERE.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm in the right seat. He's driving right now. And singing along to Twentyone Pilots. Who are ear cancer.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

ElMaligno posted:

Maybe if there was a way for Dead Reckoning to communicate with this wayward 20 year old, but alas Dead Reckoning can only communicate via electronic devices and using your meat mouth flaps is for weaklings.

There is no way to tell someone in the private sector "your everything is unprofessional and needs to stop" that doesn't cause hurt feelings and drama.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Not gonna lie, all this Qatar business has made me unreasonably happy that I'm not at the Deid and never have to go back.

If the balloon goes up on the Korean Peninsula, I'm gonna be chuckling every 15 min as I think about USFK.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

orange juche posted:

Ugh i had the freakiest nightmare. The us got into a dumb war and i got recalled back to active duty somehow.

The war idea didnt bother me it was getting involuntarily recalled that really bothered me.

I had just gotten back to my ship and was packing all my poo poo in my bunk when i woke up and realized i was dreaming.
I feel like getting recalled to AD could be kind of fun, because you could have National Guard levels of DGAF and everyone would understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Met the neighbors at my new apartment today. One answered the door shirtless... And has a "White Pride World Wide" tattoo on his chest. So that's a thing.

ElMaligno posted:

Since I am getting a gun I decided to look at Puerto Rico Gun laws and lol:

You getting that 10/22 takedown?

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread