Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Started my new year off with a baby teething and the SO getting a sinus infection. But I was happy to go to work this glorious Monday morning as a result, so that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Dad-vice. Don't have a baby and take a promotion at work, you will lose 99% of your shitposting time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

We're all coming to that age where staying at work is sometimes preferable to going home.

Work is where I do my poo poo posting. Or was before I had actual poo poo to do

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

holocaust bloopers posted:

How is the once and future Booblord, Booblad?

He's great, can stand if he can get his hands on something to pull himself up on. Still no crawling though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well then, not an hour after my bitching, all of NAU is shutting down. This after one of the campus bus lines could no longer negotiate a mild incline, "stranding" 40 students in the post-apocalyptic, inescapable snow tundra that lies a five minute walk to campus buildings in each direction, prompting violent tweeting from the "stranded" students.

The hilarious detail: That means grounds services will stop clearing operations as soon as the rest of campus shuts down. :laffo:

NAU grads around here are known for being worthless manchildren (working for the defense contractor their dad works for) and/or trophy wives or utterly incompetent community college associate professors. Your commentary seems to be showing how the forge them so effectively

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nothing lamer. It's like that kid on the play ground that wanted to have superman's powers AND batman's gadgets when you were playing. It's such a cop out for a classical story about the dichotomy of good and evil to resort to platitudes about shades of gray

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Plz don't do this to me, it's already stressing me out

For what it's worth, look up any projections made for what will happen in 60 years. They're almost always wrong, humans are not nearly as brilliant as we'd like to think

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

lite_sleepr posted:

What are some good dad games? I keep going back to dark souls, Planetside 2, and sometimes Stellaris. It's like I hate stuff that's new and dumb.

Payday 2, Destiny and X-Com

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

M.... Mods?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Syrian Lannister posted:

Payday 2 is somewhat grindy

If you don't have atleast 1 friend to play it with, it sucks. If you have more than that, it's one of the most replayable games ever

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kazinsal posted:

Four dudes just loving around in that game is immensely fun. And incredibly satisfying if you can stealth some of the really hard heists.

Agreed. Some of the super intricate heists are super fun with friends. Really satisfying if you stealth it, really fun when something fucks up and you have to go loud and invent a new, hyper violent plan on the fly

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Apologies old people. Hell is actually being behind an autistic child at a Coke Freestyle machine :stare:

I loving hate those machines. I seem to always get stuck behind an elderly person trying to figure out how to get iced tea out of it instead of the big metal thing to the side labeled iced tea

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Good work story:

Doing a background check on a potential hire for a hotel franchise owner we are contracted with, I found the dude's unsecured dropbox, tons of pictures of him cooking meth and some instructional pdfs on how to do it, possibly written by the guy, not sure. I tipped off the local sheriff after I delivered the report

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Chemists need work too.

I assume he was lovely at it anyhow because why else would he try to become the day manager of a low end hotel chain. Maybe he'll learn some better trade secrets on the inside

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
GiP is packed to the gills with delinquents I tells ya.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure the hiring manager is a real believer in background checks now

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

I feel like that's the plot of a movie starring Johnny Knoxville

B-Plot of an episode of Justified right there

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hey Dad chatters, I'm looking for suggestions for simple and healthy lunch options for the work week.

Have your SO get a job where they don't go in until noon thirty.

Then have them love you enough to drop off a sandwich, leftovers or a salad on their way to work every day

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
While that show was airing I recieved the greatest compliment I have ever gotten a few months before I got out from the squadron CO

"Booblord, you're our Ice-Man"

I thought he meant Val Kilmer, because I'm probably gonna get fat after I retire at 60

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So.. Fun Dad chat question:

Best excuse you've heard from someone for missing the day at work?

I just heard "Split my urethra while passing a kidney stone" from a coworker and offered him the next week off and offered to do his AFLAC paperwork for him

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
We have a guy who's wife committed suicide out of the blue 2 years back, the out-pouring of support he got is nothing compared to what everyone in the office is expressing for our dude with a ripped up peener

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

This sounds about right for Cutco, who uses Vector Marketing as their sales arm. Vector pays "$15/appt" according to all the signs I've ever seen up on college bulletin boards, at bus stops, on utility poles, etc. And I sure they weasel out of paying that right. Also, you have to buy a demonstration set, no idea what that runs. The knives themselves aren't terrible and do have a lifetime warranty, but so does the set of Henckels from Target for probably a quarter the asking price and a better reputation.

There's also Pampered Chef, which has Rachel Ray quality kitchen poo poo for Williams Sonoma prices. I have no idea how that racket works, but it's always hocked in catalogs or in-kitchen demonstrations at the representative's home, so probably closer to the Mary Kay and Avon side of MLM than Cutco. So you can theoretically make money doing Pampered Chef, but it ain't good money.

There are almost certainly more kitchen related MLMs, but those are the biggest I know.

I know someone who actually made some good cash off Vector marketing, but it was not as a sales person.

They had put out some ads for IT work in the Santa Barbara area, saying they needed someone to do structured cabling and configure their network. Dude shows up to a "Sit down" and they make him wait for an hour, then subject him to a 2 hour presentation about selling sports tickets to that the teams can't sell at lower prices. He politely waited, then waited another 2 hours to speak with a manager there, then asked what IT poo poo needed done, turns out there wasn't any, the ad was just an attempt to get more people working for another guy there selling poo poo, so my dude just billed them for 7 hours of his time (because it was an hour in traffic each way), and considering he was a higher end network and IT consultant in the Southern California area, he did it at full rate, which was about $280/hr. They balked at the bill, he then took them to small claims court and the judge was appalled at the Vector rep's use of false job ads to lure in people in the middle of a major regional recession.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

lite_sleepr posted:

Grown men watching cartoons itt

Dude, it's the internet. The only three types of dudes are cartoon watchers, gun nuts and body builders arguing about how many days there are in a week

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she was on conan recently. she seems legit

She was on stern a few months back and gave a super insightful and funny interview about it. I used to hate her because King of Queens was dogshit but realized Kevin James and Patton Oswalt were the reasons for that.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kevin James carries most of that fault, Patton just needed a job. Or so I'd like to believe.

There's no good reason Kevin James should have a tv show.

Patton Oswalt supposedly is an rear end in a top hat to deal with according to the cast of Justified, which is the only thing I need to know before signing off on shooting his fat rear end in to the sun

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Dude gets a "wife suddenly died, less than a year ago" waiver as far as I'm concerned

This was 3-4 years before she passed

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Flikken posted:

Justified owned, I miss it.

Edit: I am ashamed that I only recently discovered Tim was in Eurotrip.

Don't feel bad, I spent the first two seasons looking at him and saying "Where the gently caress do I know him from" before I could be assed to use imdb and see

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Does that make Taylor Momsen our heroin chic/hot goth spirit animal?

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/teebkiF.mp4

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 10, 2017

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

isn't this supposed to be the SFW thread? :ohdear:

It fits my description of SFW (No nips, danglies or bush) but I went ahead ang tagged it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Naked Bear posted:

NY constantly trying to one-up CA as worst state in the union.

I was shocked that 2 years back when I had you as my Santee I couldn't send you a Red Ryder BB gun and some Bourbon. But in this state my buddy can go to a gunshow with $300 in cash I gave him and he can bring me back some ammo and a new trigger without doing so much as having to sign his name to anything

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

when someone has managed to keep pace with an nsx in their sedan it kind of ruins the mystique of it for them ;)

It's always easy to spot another G37 owner

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Does the mouthful of cock give it away?

Sorry 'bout your Mustang/Camaro/Charger/Challenger/Lexus/Audi, I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I would murder a few homeless people to get my hands on a cherry 4 door Cadillac Sixty Special from anywhere in the late 60s.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Also, in dad news, after the little guy passed out lastnight the little lady put on Blues Brothers because she wanted to watch a movie about music and hadn't seen it before. She ended up loving it, now I gotta start ring shopping I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tell the jewelers you're on a mission from god

Good call. I never noticed some of the cameos before lastnight though. Frank Oz is the prison guard who gives Jake back all his poo poo when he's released. Steven Spielberg is the guy at the county records office who shows up late and gives them the tax receipt, Joe Walsh is the prison inmate who starts the riot at the end. All in all it's one of those great movies that always surprises you with an extra detail when you rewatch it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I still loved Blues Brothers 2000. I get why people are meh about it though. John Goodman is no Belushi. :(

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you, Goodman is a good singer and it allowed Tom Petty and Clapton to be in a Blues Brothers movie like they both deserved so I can't knock it. I think the mistake they made was trying to upstage the original movie instead of writing a love letter to Belushi and the magic of the first one.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Rad Lieutenant posted:

At least they didn't try to cast Jim Belushi

They did some promo stuff with him for the movie including the Super Bowl halftime show, luckily Goodman and Akyroyd had much stronger voices and drowned him out

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My dad once said he wished he had not had my older brother as early as he did because if so we'd have been named Jake and Elwood

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I haven't seen Blues Brothers.

It's a fun movie. It really doesn't fit any mold of film, it has music but isn't a musical, it has action but isn't an action film, I guess comedy is the closest definition I can think of, but it's super deadpan and can be very subtle at times. It's well worth watching if you like old school SNL humor, blues music and/or outlandish car chases

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
^^^ New thread title plz^^^

John Candy after crashing into the 18 wheeler cracks me up. He looks like he's about to burst out laughing trying to make the radio call and you can tell that was the best take they could get.

Orange whip? Orange whip? Waitress 3 Orange whips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

should have put a ring on it when you put a baby in it :colbert:

gently caress that noise, do you know how loving great her benefits are for being a single mother in terms of FAFSA, school poo poo and WIC? If we were married it would be financially retarded. I already pay 48k in taxes every year, might as well put some of that poo poo to work buying formula and making her degree substantially cheaper

• Locked thread