Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most car batteries last a year or two anymore.

My car oddly came with one of those dry cells that cost a fortune and that sucker is still going strong since 2012 and having been frozen a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I always take heavy hitter painkiller scripts because you never know when you or someone you know gets a toothache from hell or throws out their back or something.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Lasers are dumb

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Speaking of bro trucks: New Ford Bronco confirmed by Ford for 2020.

I'd be more hype but that's literally all the details they gave.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There is a few things that you shouldn't do with a dual clutch auto. Like inching forward in traffic.

There's a YouTube dude called engineering explained and he goes into detail about it.

It won't fix legitimate recall, grenading gearboxes but should prolong the life of your slushbox after that

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mad Dragon posted:

:spergin: If it doesn't have a torque convertor, it's not a slushbox.

Listen here you son of a bitch

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Syrian Lannister posted:

Just don't ask for what kind of ammo you need to protect your pumkin patch

What's this mean?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy poo poo

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I invested all my military gear into the fun money fund and don't regret it one bit.

People pay a lot for that poo poo, yo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't even smoke but that law bong is giving me an urge for a taste of the reefer madness

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So after hearing a lot of bad press about Batman versus Superman I finally gave it a watch.

It's actually pretty decent, I'd watch a sequel.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Not sure. It was a bit jarring to see Batman get his torture and karate murder on, but I can get behind it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I've used one, and holy poo poo it's a good stretch for your back. I looked at getting one. The short term benefits are documented, but apparently long term it does nothing. That being said people use their inversion table every day to make short term benefits last forever, so you can have a think about that if you like.

Unfortunately being upside down is prone to giving me life altering migraines so that was a no go for me.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Vicodin is the cure of all of life's ills.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That is a lot of horrifying crazy on a single page.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
New Logan trailer out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xeRfV04RNg

I'm probably gonna take the days of headaches and go see this in the cinema.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Are you in my 1pm psychology class? Because a dude was talking about the exact same thing. He's been fighting it since new I think.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Highly recommend Google Fi.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

no bones about it posted:

Louisiana is a garbage state for garbage people. It ranks higher than AL and MS

Goddamn that's some heavy poo poo right there.

I don't necessarily disagree.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's a funny name for it

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you can get on post they usually have reclamation sales at least once a month. It's uniforms and poo poo from scrubs who quit in basic, so you get the added seasoning of shame and failure to accompany you in your future undertakings

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

DownByTheWooter posted:

I joined a shotgun club, so I only shoot in a tweed blazer fron now on, personally

It better be an under and over.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's an idiot thing to do, but it's still just a symbol. If you are so caught up with the symbol itself and not what it represents then really you're going crazy over a piece of cloth and should enlist open contract.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, if it's cast iron you can basically hit it with anything.

If something looks nasty I usually heat it up and hit it with steel wool and salt, with just a touch of vegetable oil for basically lube.

After that you can do the same thing with sand. After that you can start getting really creative and using random poo poo around the house like orbital sanders and poo poo.

And failing that you can use a wire head on an angle grinder and if that doesn't sort it out well you should stop deep sea salvaging barbecue grills.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If it's stainless steel then it's a different, you can't just beat on that thing like an old drum.

If it's rusting that badly, changes are it got too hot and hosed up the chromium in the steel. It does something with carbon and basically you permanently lose the rust inhibitor quality of it and can never get it back.

Well, actually that does make it easy because it's kind of hosed so do whatever you want to it.

Any kind of "derusting" of stainless steel I've ever done has been very, very mild from contact with other metals, and you can find a chemical compound to suit your needs. If it's pitted deep though, just get at it with whatever you got.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If you aren't loving over your dudes for no reason, well, you aren't doing the army right!

which means you're a decent person

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, I'll watch a Tom Cruise and not give a poo poo about scientology.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
John Wick 2 is brutal as gently caress.

Do yourself a favor and watch it at the movies.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Speaking of diplomats, what happens if a diplomat starts a fight and gets his poo poo kicked in, does the other party get a visit from the FBI or something?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Diplomat gets domed, got it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And microwaves. Microwaves will ruin your wifi poo poo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's 2017 why anyone willingly own a jeep I'll never understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNlLnFjP_7Q&t=175s

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Holy gently caress. The dude who plays Peoples Hernandez in the 2000 movie Shaft is the same guy who plays Bernard in Westworld

PIIIIIIISSSSSSSS

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You know, I get that electric cars are the future and poo poo, but having driven a dude's Tesla the other day, it's a sad future. Yeah it's fast and all, but it's a thoroughly unrewarding, soulless drive that just sucks all the fun out of what makes driving a car fun.

It's the car you'd buy if you actually hated driving but felt you had too much money for mass transit.

I've heard people compare driving a car as to riding a motorcycle as "a car is like watching a painting of someone driving". And the Tesla was like another layer of abstraction away from that.

Better get used to it though, the future and all that. Wooo.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Godholio posted:

Not as many as they used to, but yes.

When you're out of stick shifts, you're out of sports cars.

Truth.

If you're touting a sports car that doesn't have a third pedal, it better have something new like the koenigsegg direct drive system. Innovation is cool, laziness is not.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I just get the barber to hit my beard with the number 4 clipper when I get a haircut.

They don't even charge me for it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That link isn't working for me for some reason, is that the car chrysler built back in the 60s that uses a gas turbine?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I think new corvettes are trailer park ferraris but that I like.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I get the feeling that with ferraris and poo poo that a lot of the problems with them comes from the fact that they get driven like 4 miles a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Safety razor is good if you're like me and have beard hair that seems to be made of mithril. The blades that you buy are generally of very high quality and extremely uniform (unlike typical cartridge types) so less likely to gently caress up your skin, as well as being cheap as dirt.

There doesn't even seem to be much of a trick to using them, except for pulling your skin tight, which is a very good thing to do.

• Locked thread