Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Re: Dutch ovens, is there something special about La Creuset that justifies the price? I look at those versus the cheaper yet functional enamelware I already own and wonder if people are just paying for a brand name.

I own a used one and it's great. The made-in-china ones are supposedly poorer quality and less smoothly enameled and so on. I have no idea how much that actually matters. A le creuset will last forever, so check eBay. Owning one will spoil you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

A Dutch oven inside the oven is just a slow cooker

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mao got a haircut and bath today. She's a little peeved.

drat you into some kinky poo poo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I've been on a plane for the last couple hours so I hope you got alarm chat out of your system cause the next stupid post is something something snooze pun

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Lol did you do that?

You're welcome

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Nothing you should view all ads

Get a load of this guy

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Buca di Bepis posted:

Apparently you can have private sewer line going under the city street. The city is only on the hook for the city line.

I do have a YouTube video of the sewer scope that I linked to in my quote requests. I'd hoped that the plumbers would look at it to give me a quote instead of just telling me to pay for another scope to show them the same poo poo.

I don't give a single poo poo about this stuff. Reddit would hate me lol

This happened to me more or less. USAA homeowner insurance covered the resulting disaster - we basically told our contractor, "this is your loving fault, so you can get paid by insurance to fix it and do it this way, or we find someone else and figure it out ourselves."

Between a very naive initial home inspection before buying, and a very naive choice of contractor for renovations (this was a foreclosure), I have crossed a million things off my bucket list under the heading "starter home".

gently caress, I wasn't even actively working during the year it got dealt with, and I thought I was going to lose my mind at several points.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Tell Paul I need a job

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Who's got time for butt pounding fiction when you're in charge of the Internet VFW

First 100 days in office Zeris trying to make sweeping changes yo

I have bad news if you think I have the judgment, sobriety, or optimism to live up to the Long G[r]ay Line of GIP mods

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

My schedule the past couple semesters has pretty much dictated that I'm running face-first into the evening rush when I can't get there til between 5 and 7, so it's two hours of pure clusterfuck. As much as I usually avoid living the meathead stereotype, if it's some gaggle of skinny retards slapfighting around a bench when they aren't busy on their phones then I'm going to go spook them off of it.

You just started doing working sets of squats? Cool, I'll ask to work in if you don't mind shifting a couple plates. Benching and actually doing some work? I don't care if you're just pushing 135, ditto the working in if you don't mind. Usually I'll end up giving out the kind of form/programming/etc coaching you have to pay $50+ an hour for when I'm between sets. But so help me God I'm not even remotely above sitting on a bench five feet away and cranking the resting bitch face if you're just going to gently caress around and waste everyone's time.

You sound like a real joy to be around

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

That hurts me in ways I'm emotionally ill-equipped to process.

I'm not even going to pretend to apologize for being irritated by a gaggle of idiots sitting on some of the most limited and popular equipment, fingering each others' asses and snapchatting 27 different versions of the same picture with that retarded dog filter, and taking 15 minutes between "sets" where every rep is a quarter squat or some strange bench-curl-row hybrid.

Less "YEAH BRAH YOU TOTALLY GOTTA LIFT WITH YOUR SPINE BRAH", more "Have you ever tried setting your back in an arch before benching? It'll actually help your chest and delts work harder, plus it's easier on your shoulders." I'm not going to bust my rear end trying to help someone if they're completely uninterested, but most actual serious lifters aren't (or shouldn't be) afraid to at least take the time and consider advice or information if it's presented in a non-douchey way.

I think you're missing the bigger picture here

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Everyone quit being bitches in the dad thread

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Jesus loving christ, the dad thread is officially the bermuda triangle for peoples' joke radars.

Ok, done bitching.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

A dad as gently caress project:

https://imgur.com/a/mRfgu

I don't know much about construction but that looks like a fun way to learn about carbon monoxide

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ElMaligno posted:

I cook a couple pounds of chicken, after cooking them I put a pound of chicken in the freezer inside a ziplock bag. I keep a pound in the fridge and thaw out another pound whenever it runs out.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A POUND OF CHICKEN INTO etc

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I potted a chocolate mint, grapefruit mint, strawberry mint, two lavenders, two rosemarys, and 3x propagated my 5' tall pothos today. Indoor gardening is great.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Sorry for the BuzzFeed link but this is absolutely 100% true.

http://bzfd.it/2k9swil

So necessary right now~

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Is home network poo poo dadchat?

Very much yes

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Uhhhhh mods!?!?

Shrug

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Guys I went full Apple this weekend. Upgraded to an iPhone 7 Plus and got them Apple AirPods.

I hate to admit this: I'm seriously happy with the AirPods. They seamlessly transition from my phone to laptop and sound pretty good. Also the battery life is dope.

Airpods are great. I have them too.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Buca di Bepis posted:

Do AirPods have noticeable latency? I couldn't stand the Bluetooth headphones I tried since the sound would lag behind games and videos by up to a full second.

No, but they weirdly cut out for split seconds at a time when I'm crossing the street. They look a little silly. They're otherwise drat near perfect.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

TBeats posted:

I just can't justify spending that much on some ear buds.

What makes them worth $159 that I shouldn't just spent a few more dollars for some wireless over ear headphones?

The iPhone is my only Apple product if that makes any difference.

Nothing objectively. If you want to pay more for the Apple "it just works" quality, they're great. But if it's purely about functionality in terms of bang for buck, there are definitely better buys. That said, the side benefits are quite nice.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I am currently watching guys from our sister company, who we fought alongside in Wardak, tear each other apart Lord Of The Flies-style on facebook in response to someone sharing a "Islam is a peaceful religion" protest pic. It's really bad. It's on facebook, but still. These dudes were losing limbs next to each other 8 years ago and now they're cutting off all contact and calling each other traitors.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Patton Oswalt supposedly is an rear end in a top hat to deal with according to the cast of Justified, which is the only thing I need to know before signing off on shooting his fat rear end in to the sun

Dude gets a "wife suddenly died, less than a year ago" waiver as far as I'm concerned

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Kevin James reminds me of the stupid loving bear from that toilet paper commercial where I learned that apparently some people have a lot of difficulty wiping their rear end

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lol did not see that coming

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'm graduating soon and looking for a job. But hey, isn't everyone? Well, you guys may remember that thread I did a while back where I did readings of forum posts and poo poo. I've had a bit more vocal training since then, and apparently people notice. Whenever I play Overwatch (which is, to say, way too often), I'll inevitably get someone who asks me if I'm a certain Youtuber, or say that I have a "pretty" voice.

I figured that the time for talking is over, and I'm gonna put my voice to good use. Next week I'm gonna go to an actual VO studio and record a demo reel. Then I'm gonna shop it around with the hope of getting some gigs in the city. While I'm not sure if I've got the chops for actual acting parts, I could probably get some commercials or industrial narration jobs, which would be perfectly fine.

Anyhow, wish me luck :shobon:

I'm going to take your lunch money next time I see you

Also just record your Overwatch plays and use that as your demo reel

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Become a MFC cam whore, Deathy

He's got the looks for it

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know having sex with a hot woman for pay is insane.

You is trash

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Keep nudity and wank material in the DFAC pls

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

loving lol if you havent beaten it in the DFAC

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Finally getting this wifi mess figured out. Some questions on placement

I put it on the side couch table on the left

Seemed to be the best spot for reception. But, how much does wood affect the signal? There's a small storage area underneath the staircase which would be a perfect to just wall mount it and conceal everything. It's a central location to where the main devices will be used. The other side of the wall is the bathroom. It doesn't have to go through more than a couple walls at most

I'm mainly concerned for the mental health of whoever you let decorate

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

I could use a new avatar

ok! I agree!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

Oh man. What's it gonna be

E: oh wow

Yeah begging for free avs is like that show with the evil genie

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Got your next one fam

Uh...all yours man. Jesus.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Is your dealer texting you a valentines day gif considered dad chat?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

not caring here posted:

You know, I get that cars are the future and poo poo, but having driven one the other day, it's a sad future. Yeah it's fast and all, but it's a thoroughly unrewarding, soulless drive that just sucks all the fun out of what makes riding a horse fun.

It's the car you'd buy if you actually hated riding horses but felt you had too much money to walk to the market.

not caring here posted:

You know, I get that horses are the future and poo poo, but having ridden one the other day, it's a sad future. Yeah it's fast and all, but it's a thoroughly unrewarding, soulless ride that just sucks all the fun out of what makes eating grapes while relaxing on a palanquin carried by slaves fun.

It's the thing you'd buy if you actually hated eating grapes while borne on a palanquin carried by slaves but felt you had too much money and couldn't bear the luxury tax of importing the good looking ones.

not caring here posted:

You know, I get that palanquins borne by slaves are the future and poo poo, but having ridden one the other day, it's a sad future. Yeah it's fast and all, but it's a thoroughly unrewarding, soulless drive that just sucks all the fun out of what makes sending my inbred daughters on a three day trip to the tribal council fun.

It's the thing you'd buy if you actually hated creating inbred offspring with your sister-queen but felt you had too much money for setting up a surrogate tribal council outside your own palace

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Deathy McDeath posted:

*sigh*

I pay 2k/month for ONE ROOM in a 3br/3ba place in Manhattan. Granted, the location is great and the space is cool, but I dare not even think about that price in context because that's some kind of Lovecraftian horror to me.

Yeah you have a backyard and are on UWS you dummy, you could have that in the Bronx off the 1 for 35% of the price

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Countdown to dox

• Locked thread