Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Kicking off the dad-esque New Year right. I'm way too excited about these bits--pics don't do the shank justice. One on right is a gardening knife that has a sharp edge and saw like edge, but also good for digging those loving weeds out

About to get this yard and overgrown side yard sorted proper :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Some of us are in God's true time zone :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://vimeo.com/154200247

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

lol but that dude dead

Eh, he hosed up but doubt he deaded

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Eh, he hosed up but doubt he deaded

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2016/04/04/atv-driver-has-lucky-escape-after-head-on-collision-with-car/

Walked away :stare:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

We've hit peak dad chat

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Luckily where I live it's just shady and dense enough that there's not really any kids around

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Hey guys been eating real clean but just can't seem to lose weight, drat genetics

I only have four beers a night, binge half a bottle on the weekends, and have three sodas throughout the day, what gives? Any ideas?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

drat acid causes acid reflux and wears down you esophageal lining over years of abuse who knew

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone else getting spammed emails from the VA? I went and unsubscribed to not get them to no avail. I'd mark it as junk/spam but I don't want to miss an important email

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MurderBot posted:

I feel so god drat bad for ostomy patients, it's probably one of few of the people I take care of in the medical field where I actually have sympathy for in my black rotten soul.

Especially the young ones that haven't lived life yet

We had a young sailor with a bowel obstruction. Instead of sending him out for a proper GI consult they admitted him to "watch" him. Just had a nasograstic tube put in to decompress as far as I know. That whole time his bowels pretty much died and they finally sent him out to a Gi Doc where he had to have a colostomy put in.

Young strappy good looking dude now has a poo poo bag for the rest of his life. Sup ladies

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

From the deals forum

Any Amazon movie rental for $.99

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?&ascsub&node=7888687011&tag=dreldarion-20

the littlest prince posted:

Amazon rentals:

1. You "rent" it by paying the dollar or whatever
2. You get a month to start the rental period
3. Once you start the rental period, you can watch it for 3 days as much as you want

So you could stretch this one out to about two months total but at that point you'd have forgotten you'd even rented it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38506818

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

All these individuals you guys describe are the ones that seemingly live lavish lives but live in crippling debt

oh well, I'll just get another credit card to pay that one off

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

the gently caress? I mean I did that in like 3rd grade but HS? lmao

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Come on man if you gonna post a phone screenshot gotta crop the top otherwise it'll be all battery comments

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Me irl

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh it goes on more

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MurderBot posted:

holy poo poo.

I'm up at 0328 before my alarm even goes off at 0330 y'all need sleep studies

I've just always been like that. I'll turn poo poo off in my sleep so they're more back ups for back ups

Found a cool app called kiwake that makes you do poo poo to turn off the alarm, gonna give it a go.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Vasudus posted:

I'm not resizing poo poo.

Wow dude plan on charging that battery anytime soon?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Was gonna post this in the pics videos thread but figured it's worth a post here

http://m.imgur.com/P3l71zJ?r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p6hqMnsLFY

Guess they all lived, pilots need a chute by law

1:33 for exploding plane

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 5, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you get an exercise bike get the one with clipin pedals or get those attachments. As dorky as you might think it is having the shoes, it makes a world of a difference

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Since you don't care about saving precious grams of weight I'd probably get mountain biking ones rather than roadbike iceskates

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ublock origin is really great and all you need. Until they sell out in 5 years and start including ads themselves or selling your data like every other antivirus/adblocker/whatevet

Pesticide20 posted:

Speaking of miles lasers did anyone else avoid firing blanks during miles training by just smacking the laser in order to "shoot"?

Ya I don't wanna clean it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Are cruises fun if you don't drink

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I always wondered how those single cruises get enough girls to not be a sausage fest. Do they get some kind of shady special discount so it's not discrimination

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

psydude posted:

I wanna wait a few years and buy one used with 150k miles and no AC.

The only acceptable way to buy a truck.

Manual windows and a 4' floor shifter?

Hey guys didn't Honda make a truck too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

is there a ballpit?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ugh don't spook me guys I'm getting into that "might have to take care of parents soon" age

I saw what my mom had to deal with with the grandparents and God drat it was a mess. Drama with siblings, all the usual poo poo. Had to sell their house when they couldn't live alone and nearly all their savings went to the facility and just taking care of them.

My dad is old as gently caress, he's made it pretty far all things considered. Lived a pretty unhealthy life but has been quite healthy the last long while. He'll be a go in the night type of person I'm pretty sure.

My mom is older as well but has lived a relatively healthy life. Smoked in her 20s, but that was it. Hardly ever drinks, really healthy eater. There's drama between the step kids though and that's my biggest concern. I'm 100% beneficiary because I'm the most "stable" and level headed and a "everyone gets the same slice of pie," type of person. But some of the step kids are into meth and poo poo so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Only thing I'll probably inherit is debt. I'm really scared as to how messy it's going to get when the time comes to address finances It's amazing how greedy some family members get and how their true colors really show when money is involved. Someone ALWAYS feels they deserve more. I swear every family issue ever stems from money. I've seen it all throughout mine

Working in healthcare it's really sad to see just how far along people string their parents or grandparents along. Christ, let them go with some dignity at least.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Debt bit was just an exaggeration

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

even before anyone is even close to death people are already fighting over the money and arguing why they're entitled to more

My dad pretty much sold my uncle. Uncle was handling it all, and Dad was overpaid inheritance money, didn't want to give it back--yeah he's kind of a pos

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

One of my uncle's flew across the world sans family--he wasn't even the child--under the guise of a "business trip" just to try to swindle money from my grandfather with worsening memory. They had some opportunity to buy a house or something.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lite_sleepr posted:

Ooh whats that, $20k a piece while she fucks her new boyfriend on $960,000 pile of money?

Lol f'real I was thinking the same thing as her and her new young boyfriend are swimming through all that cash a la Scrooge McDuck

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You could definitely present yourself and apply for it in court? I imagine it's something you get sorted preemptively, before they die or lose their mind

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

All the Military cold weather thermals and poo poo are p. good

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I assume that's the extended cut or whatever? I've been meaning to watch that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Not trying to thread poo poo but aside from maybe heart rate monitoring I'll never understand this new obsession with tracking your steps traveled and poo poo via fitbitswhatevers. Woo boy I walked three miles at work today

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

MurderBot posted:

It has its purpose, there's a lot of studies that show walking 10,000 steps a day essentially the equivalent of 5 miles walked, enough commuting exercise to help with keeping individuals healthy and shows to reduce many health disparities associated with sedentary activity.

I think what I'm getting at is for most people it's like "huh, so I walked that far today, well off to the couch." like it doesn't actually have an impact or change anything

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Why are you guys using a PS4 or xbone for streaming poo poo lol Christ just get a $35-$40 roku/amazon/chromecast stick

And yeah smart features and 4k are pretty much standard you'd have to go out of your way and spend more to find one witbout, at least as of 2 years ago or so. My KS8000's smart TV features are actually pretty decent though

Also you could just like not connect your TV to wifi/ethernet sans updates--which you can usually do via USB--if you're so spooked but hey w/e just complain incessantly about the smart features you can't turn off

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TBeats posted:

Same. I already have the PS4 so spending $35 to do the exact same thing my PS4 already does is a waste of $35.

I figured someone like you would be worried about the wasted electricity $$

Streaming netflix for 10 hours a day is a pretty big hit compared to a streaming stick plus having to use the lovely console controller but hey w/e

• Locked thread