Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
pee on the cat, assert dominance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Just from cutting soda to a minimum and laying off the junk food I've lost 20 pounds in about a year. Still got 20 more to go to get back to what I used to be. Feels good though.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That loving owns.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

One handsome cat.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

MA-Horus posted:

Makes your butt hurt real good.

New army thread title.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can people ever own just one rabbit? It's always 5+ and they spend their whole life locked away in a cage in squalor

But if you have a nice backyard for them to roam and they just cruise all day doing their owj thing I think they're cool pets .

The most my sister ever had was 2, wild ones that she caught. One was too wild and ran away, the other was pretty tame. After that she only had one bunny at a time. I miss having a bunny in the house :unsmith:

Also no my sister isn't crazy.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I just want my loud clanky IBM keyboard back. That thing was awesome.

Here ya go brother. Modern repros of the IBM Model M. Or you could find an original model m on eBay and get a ps/2 to USB converter. I think last time I checked original model m's were going for about a hundo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

:mediocre:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
model M's have buckling spring, which are way clickier and louder than other mechnical switches. and they're the best :colbert:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

their prices went down in the 5 years i looked at em

https://www.pckeyboard.com/

realtalk i want one now

those f-key rows mmmmmmm

i posted that last page lol
but gently caress yes i need to get one of those. tired of this lovely logitech rubber dome that i've had for years.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
are the pounded in the butt books not doing well enough to support yourself?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

What's HCT up to?

dunno, haven't seen him post in a while :smith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

g*d bless all those troops who died in the veteran war

It's the precursor to the starship troopers universe.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I need that shirt.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens posted:

Link doesn't work. Was it deleted out of embarrassment?

No clue but here's the google cached page

Edit: nevermind it didn't cache the images but the guy had a huge crawlspace which was 8 feet tall and he wanted to build a bar down there.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Re: cooking

http://twitter.com/foodnetwerk/status/188351893200846848?lang=en

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you now I have the stupid song for it they play on the radio in my head. Haven't been to the boat show since I was a teenager. Boats are cool in spite of that song.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Oh boy I was checking out facebook's new buy/sell stuff feature. Get a load of this:

That's not even the only one, so many loving trashed out methheads in Washington trying to sell junkrob and kill you when you meet up with them to buy an "Apple Watch".

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Buca di Bepis posted:

Watch Major Payne instead imo.

I haven't seen hacksaw ridge and don't intend to, but this. Always watch Major Payne.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I've probably already said this here a long time ago, but one of my drill sergeants was a dead ringer for Major Payne. The way he talked, the way he walked, everything. He was a cool dude.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I still always laugh my rear end off that CSM potato head was a pedo and arrested.

POLICE THAT MOOSTASH

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

lite_sleepr posted:

What is there to even miss?

:airquote: the people? :airquote:?

I know we all like to poo poo on the military because honestly it sucked and was retarded.....but the poo poo deployments I had, the guys I deployed with were the best people I've ever met and I miss them more than I can even describe. Combat makes you close, and losing friends just makes it grow even more. I got to see three of my close friends last summer for one buddy's wedding. I can't even describe to you how loving happy I was to see them again. I feel that way about practically my entire company that I deployed with. With the exception of my old platoon sergeant. He no joke deserves to loving die. He should have loving died. But....that's what I miss, the guys that I'm closer to than anyone else. I kind of miss some parts of the military in general, but I know my time has passed and there's too much bullshit to outweigh the few good things. It's the memories and the people that I miss, not the army. It's a big part of my depression , anxiety, anger and PTSD. All I want to do is hang out with my war buddies and drink some beer and shoot some guns and bullshit together and tell war stories and then when we're pretty hammered and open up we can let out all that pain and sadness to each other, because we trust each other more than anyone. That poo poo builds up inside, and I don't feel like anyone but them really understands what it feels like.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm a worthless idiot grunt who hosed up last quarter in community college because I'm a dumb grunt, but I'm feeling good today because I got a call back for a security guard job. Gonna be having an interview soon. Buddy of mine works for the same company and from all he's told me it's a good place to work for. At least if I get this job it's one thing in my life that isn't poo poo :unsmith:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XafOAAvZmUA

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Really wish me and the girlfriend would have spent a few more days in the Bay Area because all I really got to see was Marin County, the bridge, and Sausalito.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a car guy and all that, but even I can loving see how retarded that is. What in the ever living gently caress :psyduck:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
We make the best cars don't we folks, I'm gonna bring all the cars back to America and make Europe pay for it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Man I wanna thank you guys for introducing me to Regular Car Reviews a while ago because it's kind of inspired me to loving learn about what's under my hood and break out my manuals and the few lovely tools I have because my dad was enlisted as gently caress and just wanted to get drunk and fish all the time instead of teaching his son useful skills.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'd dry my clothes outside if Washington wasn't raining 9 months of the year.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
You guys are going to summon threeolives or whatever his name is with all this rent chat and such :supaburn:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

Anchor Steam is a good one. Haven't had their stuff in... poo poo, I don't know how many years. Don't often see it on the east coast.

I did something extremely dad: I bought a slightly scuffed, somewhat dusty, and totally kickin' rad piece of vintage electronic equipment of not-entirely-known history off eBay. Behold, the pride of 1970's Oregonian technology:

This is a Tektronix 465 analog oscilloscope, produced from 1972 to 1983. Yes, that means that it's got a CRT! :science: It's not too dusty, and aside from a chipped dial and a few knobs that have been knocked sideways, it's in really good shape. The unit desperately needs to be calibrated, but puts up two very strong traces and seems to be working well!

Based on what few lot numbers I can see on its components, this particular unit was probably built in 1974. It's got a tag indicating that it was previously the property of E. F. Johnson, which some of you may recognize as a radio manufacturer. The seller claims that it had been in storage for about seven years or so, but fortunately appears to have been stored properly. Given that and the seller's proximity to E. F. Johnson's Waseca, MN plant, it's probable that was its last (and perhaps only) duty station. Not too shabby!

I may also have kinda sorta bought another scope, but that one isn't here yet sooo

gently caress I need to get some electronics tools, first I need to get a good soldering iron, but then fuuuuuuuck I want an oscilloscope so badly. Once I learn more about electronics I'm gonna fix up some of the old computers I have that aren't working anymore. My C64 stopped working, and the IBM 5150 clone that my aunt gave me from her attic when I cleaned it out needs a new memory chip because the big rear end battery soldered onto the board leaked and hosed up some of the traces.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

joat mon posted:

United Airlines 232 is another where thrust was used to steer, to a happier (though not completely) ending.

I just watched a documentary about that with the guy who was a check instructor who jumped in to help. Guy was loving torn up that he couldn't save everyone

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9TQs-fQR0

Mike-o I think this is the one you were talking about. loving fantastic watch and yeah, the guy was devastated at the outcome.

Yeah that's the one I watched. It was good poo poo, a good documentary not good poo poo in how hosed that situation was.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
When I was nerding the gently caress out with flight sims, Microsoft flight simulator X has a scenario like that. I pulled it off, and was way too proud of myself for being a huge loving dork.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
First day on the job (technically first day, but it was all training) was pretty good and dad. Feels good to have a job after being a piece of poo poo useless sadbrains broke idiot welfare queen for so long :unsmith:
Job is chill, boss is huge dork like me and cool.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

is your new job lookin at rocks my man? :kiddo:

Not yet :(, taking a break from school for now. But the new job is just CCTV security and pays pretty drat well, and all the guys there are cool chill dudes. Still want to eventually look at rocks eventually though.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLzm-Gy0dQ

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Woof Blitzer posted:

I am going to visit The Wall for vacation.

Gotta wait until trump builds it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Ive never lived in an area with fiber. gently caress you comcast you monopolizing pieces of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
m_bison_yes.gif

• Locked thread