Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Any GIPpers in the habit of making avatars? I kind of want something after 11 years without. No real design preferences just something funny :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Slow cookers are pretty much delicious food easy mode, so long as you can follow the one rule of not loving with your delicious smelling dinner until it is actually done.

Dutch oven is a little more versatile I guess, if you wanted to brown onions in it or something??

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Hacksaw Ridge was good if you don't go into it expecting much at all from the actual military bits. Basic training is a weird bad rip off of Full Metal Jacket but also funny once or twice, the battle scenes are more reminiscent of 300 due to heavy stylization and no eye for realism, but at the end of the day it tells a decent story about a cool badass who was a real guy and even has a little documentary Band of Brothers interview with him and some bros at the end.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Yo dads and dad-enthusiasts, my dad-in-law passed this morning from a really sudden illness that just came out of nowhere and he went from healthy to completely sedated and unconscious in two days and was young and healthy and now he's dead and anyway what I'm getting at is he and the family have made absolutely zero end of life preparations other than "not cremated" and I think I'm the closest person to this who isn't utterly nonfunctional from grief and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice at all on funeral homes and burial and buying plots and holy poo poo there's a bunch of bullshit and it seems both complicated and expensive.

How do I not piss away all the family's money on either a hole in the ground or the box that goes into said hole? I'm in the CA Bay Area if that helps at all, I don't know if this is all regional poo poo where I just have to shop around and not find a garbage mortuary or if there's some general tips or advice anyone who has dealt with this before might have.

Also what other crap needs to happen after a death? This is my first close family member to go and I'm clueless. Thanks guys.

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

yeah don't worry i'm not getting into anything stupid i'm ridiculously close with the family and my father in law has been as close or better than my own pops and also i'm more acting as a go-between so people don't burst into real ugly crying everytime they call a funeral home and say "so my [husband / dad] passed away and... :cry:"

thanks this will help me get started on this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

one good thing is he got went under real early in the morning right before the inauguration so he didn't have to spend a single minute awake in a trump presidency :unsmith:

• Locked thread