Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ManMythLegend posted:

It's not warm (even with the liner), it's not waterproof/resistant, it's not wind proof, it's hard to clean and keep clean, and on top of all that it's uncomfortable.

Tradition hating snakes like you are going to be the death of the Navy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Add wool linings to the neck and wrists of poopy suits and call it a day

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Smelled like a bunch of hot, brave men who emerged from the sea

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Day 2 of the students smoke deck secured until the Vapist identifies themself: a student is turned in by classmates for camping in the student loung, lmfao god damnit 29 days and counting.

You need to punish all the snitches too

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I was told to stop exercising before watch and while in Port on duty days because of the perception it gave coners of fully qualified nuke watchstanders.

gently caress the Navy and especially senior enlisted.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Actually, let’s just ask The Valley Stared.

Statistically speaking, you had overweight sailors on the Fitz, and they had to have been part of saving the ship- what role would you say physical fitness played in the saving of the ship? Were there issues? Were any overweight sailors a limfac or straight up impediment to saving the ship? If you have the time or inclination could you speak to how you feel physical fitness is or isn’t important for DDG sailors?

I’d be very interested to hear your take, if you feel like joining the discussion.

We had plenty of people who were too out of shape to have been of any use moving an injured sailor out of a smoke filled compartment, especially if it would have been necessary to Don EABs as part of the process. The Navy fitness scheme sucks both at recognizing the physical needs for casualty response and at making time available to cultivate those requirements.

There were so many fat as poo poo submarine chiefs at A and Power school in the nuke pipeline it was kind of jarring.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It was always difficult to parse who in the command would say things wrong because they thought they were clever, and who was just repeating idioms Incorrectly.

The difficulty was self imposed because I gave people I didn't know the benefit of the doubt, but still it was difficult

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Is this guy a recruiter? The 20 something should've spit on him, too.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Fuckin nukes, always complaining.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tell him your cult already takes all the spare dough

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Oh no is being in the naval reserve stupid and arbitrary and inefficient? Why is the reserve administrative process so wasteful compared to it's active duty counterpart??????

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

*double finger-guns the thread before getting out of class at 0900 and grabbing a California Burritto on the way home*

Shipmate what condition are those finger pistols in?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Drydock is the loving worst.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Don't expect it to get sorted on its own, go annoy whoever you have to to make sure you get what you need. Squeaky eel gets the grease and all that

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kalessin ofSelidor posted:

Should just be steam. Wonder if they’re gonna add any extra doodads like their fake railgun they were trying to pretend they developed.

Are they deploying a nuclear aircraft carrier to their territorial waters or is it conventional?

Edit: doh, I see, it's likely conventional steam

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Dec 17, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

maffew buildings posted:

Hey guys, you're supposed to be provided with a hard copy DD 214 upon separation, not just be emailed a copy, yeah? Is being told it will be emailed to me just another instance of my admin LPO telling me lies/is this stuff covered anywhere other than BUPERSINST 1900.8E? Just covering my bases, since I sent the admin all hands an email essentially saying the LPO is bad at his job.

I got a hard copy and they emailed the VA and I think the vso of my choice at my home of record a copy so there were multiple redundancies.for my freedom papers.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

fair enough. I just recall being a high risk pregnancy and being told they didn't give appointments until mid second trimester, so here's some prenatal pills you could have bought over the counter. Have a nice day.

Jesus that's pretty poo poo.

I've been real glad to be out the VA system and on school health insurance for the last 6 years. University system is way nicer.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah the loving never stops FTN

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Dolphins have some toothy jaws and no lips. It didn’t looks safe.

Maybe not to some landlubbing pollywog!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

boy are my arms tired posted:

yeah i know it makes sense, and im not exactly against doing launcher maintenance for the VLS guys or learning AEGIS stuff or w/e they end up having us do, it just seems real weird that we cant get replacement parts for a critical system

just venting i guess

lol your logistics and chain of command loving suck

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 28, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I think they got rid of it on subs underway, officially.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

M_Gargantua posted:

Being seated next to the periscope mast on a perfect night as we made the surface transit into Singapore is one of my few great memories of the navy. As is the swim call in the middle of the pacific by the equator, nothing in sight, nothing on radar, and 12,000 feet of water below you.

Thanks to swim call I only have 2 more seas left to hit all 7

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My favorite part of the GI Bill was choosing a place off of a map where I wanted to live and moving there. Kinda wish I had gone out of the country but I'm pretty happy here in Colorado.

Boulder was disappointing though

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Anything short of reports of sexual assault / rape are probably good optics for the military

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
smeper fi

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

All travel to Europe has been cancelled until further notice. I have to talk to USFF about options but for now please plan to be in Norfolk until further notice. For hotel planning, I recommend reserving your room for two more weeks.

Welp gently caress me im stuck in Virginia Beach.

Bummer crabguy, I hoped I'd see you in foggy London town.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Godholio posted:

Thanks to our understanding of gravity, yes. Turns out poo poo rolls downhill.

Is blue/gold different than port and starboard? Sounds to me like Red Crown is catching a break

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Taken care of the rational thought annual, back to normal operation.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
This is what happens when no one cares for the Marine thread. You feed em once and they never leave.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

AlternateNu posted:

From another angle.

But, yeah. I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to turn a lot of apolitical sailors into anti-Trumpers. Sailors already don't trust Big Navy, and whatever flimsy excuse they use to justify this is going to go over like mixing at a COVID party.

Wow that would be nice, wouldn't it?

I've got members of my law school arguing that the problem with our response to the coronavirus is one of personal philosophy and responsibility and they're getting support from the wing so I'm pretty sure our country is stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol gently caress the navy