Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
this kid: https://www.reddit.com/r/navy/comments/5kyhsc/underage_alcoholism/

posted asking for dapa advice. people dug through his history and found this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DippingTobacco/comments/5k7pho/what_are_the_potential_dangers_of_putting_a_pinch/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
the navy feels the same under the reign of commander and chief god emperor trump.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
"What the gently caress ever, I don't care," is my overall Navy training policy.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
still at 4 monts until terminal. I'm really excited to get out, but I've only done 6 and never deployed or anything like that

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
4 more months and I'm done. I've seriously had dreams about it. last time I had a dream like that was in the middle of boot camp dreaming boot camp was over.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Asking for someone. What are all the ideal IT-esque type of jobs for someone that wants to do four and get out, maybe use GI Bill, and have a possible career prospects as a civilian right out of the Navy

CTN has the best career prospects at this time. I'm getting out in a few months, currently looking at offers starting at 100k minimum. It's a 6 year contract though, and a lot of universities are pushing cyber security degrees, so those numbers might be coming down once the market floods.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah and there's really no reason not to accept frocking. I can't think of a single useful reason.

no cpo365

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
less than 3 months until terminal. the navy was ok, I'm very much looking forward to not being in it tho

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Fine quit. I guess I'll just keep all this bitterness for myself then.

Yeaterday the ctn detaler and community manager visted. Once again we have been assured there is no ion retention problem. I also signed a job offer yesterday.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
They're actually adding special duty pay to the ion nec (one day). The bigger problem I've found among my peers is no one wants to move to a new state to do the same job.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
If we stayed in the berthing on sundays we got holloywood showers and time to ourselves.

I don't give a poo poo what god/gods you pray to, but there have been too many suicides imo to keep having a chaplin do the role of a professional psychiatric counselor. We need to repalace the chaplin's duty with people who actually went to school for mental health.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
my esams training is 2 months overdue, but im not giving a gently caress with terminal coming up. Also not doing the spring prt. The navy isn't so bad when you're getting out.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I can't imagine doing anything except laughing if someone asked me to put Navy related expenses on my personal credit card.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
yeah, gently caress the navy. btw, if they stop loss me im coming for you fuckers.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

ManMythLegend posted:

Also since we're talking orders chat I just got a verbal to head to Fort Meade. Time for me to be officially stationed at Navy Nerd HQ.

Wait, are you even an intel guy? I thought you flew destroyers or something.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I spent years in Crofton and Odenton. Last year I moved to Silverspring for better metro access. Longer commute, but I can go into DC whenever I want.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
34 days from terminal. 19 of those are actual work days. Soon.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I start my new job on my first day of separation leave. I will not miss anything.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I have less than a month left. Still had to do a midterm. Put down "get a dog" as one of my goals.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Nothing personal, but I'd way rather have a dog than find Jesus.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Howard Phillips posted:

Want to but want to keep options open later for lifestyle poly. :/

I have no desire to look for a job and don't want to go to school full time. Feeling pretty burnt out. Going traveling in Asia for about two months, I figure after two months of loving off and spending money I will get my motivation back.

What was your rate? You could possibly make fat stacks of contract cash.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Next time try enlisting with a degree I guess.

Anything cyber related in the dc area should get you six figures.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Speaking of doggos, I was looking into a charity called puppies behind bars. It's a program where inmates train service dogs, sounded pretty neat.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Laranzu posted:

AD CTN1 went to 8%. I know a few salty CTN2s. Thats some excellent community management, community managers!

I'm doing my part, and getting he gently caress out.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Grats on 1st. 365 is a crap program, but at least you get more money.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Cool. I still get my dd-214 monday tho, so oh well.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Hello. Now I have a DD-214. I don't think I will be shaving tomorrow.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I can wear my hat indoors and no one gives a gently caress now. Just saying.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I had a dream last night that I needed to re-enlist and go through bootcamp again. I'm so glad I'm done.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Everyone is looking to get the scoop right now, but it's all meaningless until an actual report is released.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
If you've got time to lean, you've got time to gently caress poo poo up bad enough to get your CO fired.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Do I need to be in uniform when I get my IRR card, or is it civilian attire?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Starting the new job tomorrow, goodbye Navy...you weren't really all that bad.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Howard Phillips posted:

Been out for over a month now and it's been good. Starting grad school in the fall.

Feels weird not having my paycheck but other than that it's not an ad transition. If any of you mil goons are going to UVA let me know. I want to be involved in the veterans organization.

Same, except started my new job. It feels amazing to let my hair get long and wear whatever I want.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Officers sure do complain a lot about how hard their lives are. What's the hardest part: the extra pay, the private room on ship? Seriously though, how is being a dept head worse than something like LPO?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
They should also punish whoever made him the CO.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
It's pretty sad that sailors have to die before we can even talk about getting rid of horrible traditions that deprive sleep.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Don't worry, I'm sure congress will be asking all sorts of people what they think soon enough.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Surely one of you SWOs could write a simple python script that predicts collisions and make millions selling it to the government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Is there no way to simulate a busy straight? It's not like you're tracking a swarm of bees, I thought ships moved plenty slow to know when you're going to crash.

Keep in mind I was in the navy for six years and never even looked at a ship. I just find it hard to believe we can get to a point where there is "too much poo poo to track" with the technology we have today.

EDIT: ^^^ I guess it's a little bit like bees.