Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Boon posted:

Go give American Corporate Partners a heads up, they'll pair you with a mentor who'll be able to help you figure poo poo out

This actually seems like a really cool program, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I did my first DIVO tour on a DDG in Yoko. As a prior SWO, who has been outside of the community now longer than I've been in it, I see a couple things that were systemic issues back then, several of which still are:

- SWO culture is inherently toxic and breeds miscommunication and herd mentality. "The way we've always done it". People readily identify this, yet the surface community seems to be the absolute loving worst with this poo poo.
- We have barely-qualified JOs teaching other boot JOs.
- People pencil-whipping PQS and quals, gundecking maintenance, and practically handing SWO pins to shitbags on their way down the brow to keep the COs qualification percentage up. I know that's not every command, but it's not all that uncommon.
- Overall OPTEMP in FNDF and wearing one's lack of sleep as a badge of honor. YMMV from ship to ship, but in 09-11 when I was there some of the BMD shooters shouldered an inordinate amount of the load. The lovely, broke-dick ships that couldn't perform were "rewarded" with port visits while the ships that constantly jumped through their rear end to qualify got shafted.

Totally realize some of these may not have contributed to FTZ/JSM's collisions, but from the perspective of someone who stood a lot of deck watch in C7F, those were things that stuck out most in my mind. Sounds like JSM was at restricted maneuvering and had a full watch team in place. As for FTZ, there's really, truly no excuse for the piss-poor watchstanding between TAO/OOD and the ~dozen or so people who should have had SA of the situation...just my two cents.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
That means DESRON 15 is getting poo poo-canned, as well... What about CSG5 CDR?

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

I've asked family as well, but want to ask the thread: what is it that drives the culture differences between sub and surface service?

I'm aware this is a very broad question.

Well, the sub community has a nearly two-year long training pipeline with an ~80% attrition rate, for starters. The SWO community has some great folks, but it has also become a harbor-haven for fallen angels and washouts from other communities. You have a lot of people who don't want to be there (and are bitter about it) and folks who are just plain too dumb to function anywhere else.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Two years is overkill especially since all naval officers are supposed to be doing that kind of stuff their last few years as a MIDN via NROTC or at the academy. Six months or so is about where I think people would need and then time on station to qualify under the supervision of their captain.

I didn't get any of that poo poo going through OCS. Baby SWOS was an absolute joke and amounted to nothing more than classroom academics and rote memorization (rules of the road). Also, the six semesters of naval science you're referring to that gets fed to OCS classes over the span of several weeks is also done when people are literally running on 3-4 hours of sleep for several weeks on end. It absolutely does not replicate nor replace hands-on training and sure as poo poo doesn't begin to approach a thoughtful, practical training pipeline vis-a-vis prototype, flight school, or BUD/s.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 23, 2017

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Someone explain what FDNF means please :ohdear:

Forward Deployed Naval Forces. Basically, the ships that are homeported abroad in 7th Fleet (i.e. FDNF Yokosuka, FDNF Saseba, etc). It also now refers to FDNF Rota since we've got CRUDES platforms there now too.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
Agreed. The surface Navy has effectively been trying to cut corners and "do more with less" for years. This, unfortunately, is a partial result of that behavior.

Anybody who has been in FDNF knows those ships (and their crews) are run absolutely ragged, especially the BMD shooters and especially in the last several years. There is a multitude of factors that contributed to this, but ultimately I think it is rooted in surface Navy culture being historically hosed up, and its systemic issues being magnified upon/exacerbated by C7F OPTEMPO... Waiting to hear MML chime in on this one...

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I was there from 2009-2011...was actually supposed to go back but the fuckhead I was replacing got hurt and rolled early. Le sigh.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

So how many admirals have ever been relieved?

For non-criminal stuff? Not many in recent years... We've relieved quite a few in the wake of Fat Leonard for criminal poo poo though...

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

The Valley Stared posted:

The Stand Down with Rear Admiral Williamson was brutal. It took an aviator to say that he didn't understand why we were watching a powerpoint presentation on BRM (the topic at the time was the SPS/73 Radar) because he couldn't figure out what it had to do with the collisions. That got the enlisted and JOs talking, and we started to stress the lack of formal training on how to actually use radars, how we as combat watchstanders are constantly asked by AZ to get updates on casreps, ship schedules, and other BS and not actually being allowed to STAND THE WATCH.

When I read this part, I was like "oh gently caress, that's pretty ridiculous".

And then I got to this part...

Admiral Aucoin also made a very unnecessary and frankly uncalled for comment saying that if you lose steering in a major shipping lane, then there should be a casualty procedure for that.

Guess loving what? If that is what happened to the McCain, they do have an emergency procedure in place. Why? Because all CRUDES have one. We don't know what happened. So the fact that he even thought to say that today was honestly disgusting in my opinion.

...and I was loving steaming. Now I don't feel bad about the cocksucker getting relieved. Talk about out of touch. I get that he's an NFO in the SWO world, I also get that as a 3* fleet commander he's so far removed from all of that poo poo...but it sounds like he has zero appreciation for the day to day realities of life at sea. The last time he deployed as a JO was probably close to 2 decades ago, and I'm sure he was getting his 8 hours while ship's company was dragging rear end. gently caress everything about this. Williamson sounds like a moron, too.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 23, 2017

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

USN never broadcasts AIS.

False. Depending on the AOR, ships *do* broadcast AIS, especially when under restricted maneuvering. When I was in FDNF we'd flip it on when entering TSS or entering a foreign port.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Yeah this was already nitpicked to death.

Yea, I noticed that after I mashed the respond button.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Impromptu Type 3 NWU boot opinion poll:
What we have been authorized to wear in non steel toe are the:

Rocky S2V
Belleville C333

Any horror stories or major failings anyone has had with these?

The instruction basically says "any dessert tan" boots. That being said, Rocky S2Vs are *very* good. I've had two pairs of them, and both of them are extremely comfortable from day 1 and require very little breaking in. Currently in a pair of them now, actually. Can't speak for the Bellevilles.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Laranzu posted:

The recent one I read actually specified "Navy approved" which limits choices a bit.

The pass down we got was Belleville or S2Vs.

Always question "pass down". poo poo like that is probably why FTZ got nailed.

quote:

b. Navy certified desert tan or coyote brown rough-side-out leather non-
safety boots in environments not requiring safety boot wear may be worn
optionally at the discretion of the commanding officer. Optional boots not
required as organizational clothing will be procured at the expense of the
Sailor and not the authorizing command.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2017/NAV17015.txt

It says "Navy certified" but I have yet to see an enumerated list of certified dessert tan boots. Now, having just come thru ECRC Norfolk and been issued a full seabag of type III poo poo, I can tell you they are giving out Rocky S2Vs, Bellevilles, and some lovely "Wellco" brand.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

orange juche posted:

Wellco boots loving owned and I still have two sets that I am still using today, 6-8 years after I bought them, admittedly not for uniform wear, but I gave a set to my brother and he uses them as motorcycle boots, and I still have a set in my closet that have held up really loving well.

Now, Bates boots are a pile of poo poo.

Funny. I got issued the Wellcos and literally half a dozen people told me they were garbage. I'd already worn Rocky S2Vs before (on my own dime) and knew they were comfy, so I ditched the Wellcos and bought my own Rockys *shrugs*.

And yea. Anything Bates is hot loving garbage.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The Washington Post has a pretty good story on why the 7th Fleet is stretched thin, including optempo.

We need to stop trying to expand the fleet and building poo poo that doesn't work (i.e. LCS) and instead focus on maintaining/manning/operating the ships that we *do* have. If we can't do that right, then we don't "deserve" more poo poo.

Mr. Nice! posted:

We no longer have a goon skipper. :rip:

Well, I'm headed to be OIC of a unit next year... :bahgawd:

buttplug fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 30, 2017

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

LordNad posted:

Are we talking a LT taking over a small unit? Cause I think MML is a CDR in a command spot in japan which would make him the goon skipper.

No, it's an O4 OIC gig that is almost 3x the size of a MCM. Not command, but still comes with UCMJ authority and is a deployable unit.

MML was an O4 in MCM command.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Remulak posted:

Wtf is a Cyber Warfare Engineer? All I can envision is my uncle signing up to be an Engineer in 1969 and ending up chainsawing trees during jungle firefights.

Is it Computer Janitor with low pay and no ability to change jobs? Like an H1-B?

They're supposed to be tool developers. In reality, 2/3rds of them are complete mouthbreathing loving morons who couldn't code their way out of a paper bag. Of the remaining third, about half of those folks are priors who are pretty great, and the other half are off-the-street and very talented.

Mind you, we're talking about roughly 3 dozen people in the entire Navy, all of whom are at the same duty station (with few exceptions).

Lucius: pass. The community is going away, anyways.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
gently caress, Djibouti is terrible.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004
I'm still alive. Sucks about C5F, I used to brief that guy on a weekly basis. He seemed very calm and mild-mannered, but very thorough and methodical in his analysis of poo poo. If you got up to brief him, you getting know the subject matter inside and out.

Watched one dude get up admit that he was the stand-in for the guy who generated the brief because the guy was out sick, and Sterno calmly said "then let's just re-schedule this for when the actual SME shows back up".

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Dorstein posted:

Does anyone know much about becoming a "cyber" officer? I'm finishing a Computer Engineering degree, starting a master's in same, and always kinda wanted to fill out frequent flyer forms with "Commander".

This is a wordy answer because it's a complex situation within the Navy at the moment. Bottom line: your best bet is applying to become a Cyber Warfare Engineer, for now.

There's not really one specific community in the Navy that "does cyber" right now on the officer side. There are a lot of folks from several other communities (communications officers, cryptologists, intel weenies, etc) who have owned a piece of this pie for years. Some are writing code, some are running operations (some are doing both), some are planning operations. In addition to the folks I just mentioned, there is another another community called Cyber Warfare Engineers which, although it sounds cool, are basically just programmers on a 5-year timeline who are being either 1) forced out of the Navy after 5 years, or more recently, 2) being forced to transfer to one of the aforementioned communities to continue down some semblance of a career path.

If it doesn't sound like that's a very good long-term investment in talent and training, that's because it's not. As such, most of these guys are getting out at the 5-year mark and making serious cash as contractors, rather than continuing down the Navy career grind-path thereby squandering their experience.

For the last ~4-5 years, I've been part of planning efforts at the 3-star level (over the span of three 3-stars) to help turn the CWE community into a no-poo poo O1-O9 (Ensign to Vice Admiral) cyber-specific career path for the Navy. Every other service (sans Coast Guard) has one, but not the Navy.

Ultimately, it comes down to money and manning (as always). Presently, there are a handful of folks being invited to submit transfer packages into the CWE community from the other communities I mentioned in order to help flesh out a more robust, long-term, community (i.e. going from a couple dozen junior officers to about 200 people, up to O6 spread out over several fiscal years)

Personally, I declined the invite because the whole endeavor could flounder and I don't want to bone my career. I know, gently caress me, right? But I thought long and hard and decided not to let my career take it in the shorts when I wasn't confident that very senior leaders would see this thing through. We're due for another CNO and probably a new SECNAV who may squash this whole thing because ~*politics and priorities*~. That's all coming from one of the fucks planning this crap out...but I've seen little more than lipservice over the last 5 years.

To summarize: your best bet may be to apply to become a Cyber Warfare Engineer and hope that a couple years down the road, Big Navy has figured out the manning/money piece of this puzzle. It's less a puzzle and more of a "we have to convice other communities in the Navy to give us billets, because we can't just poo poo new ones out".

Real talk: I do not have high hopes that the current/next CNO/IFOR/N2N6 are going to pay real attention to "this cyber thing" until someone shuts off the power grid for the US east coast, and then they'll scramble to dig our briefs out of the trash. Oftentimes, the Navy likes to learn its lessons the absolute hardest way possible. *shrugs*

buttplug fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 7, 2019

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Elendil004 posted:

Many years ago our little coast guard cutter was steaming along with a navy group during a big show the flag patrol. We were at our top speed and blew a turbo which led to a small (but serious) bilge/engine room fire. Luckily it was the middle of the day, we caught it right away, and in the course of setting General Emergency and falling out someone had the forethought to radio the navy group commander basically "yo we're on fire, we're falling out of formation." It was a pretty short message.

One of the frigates from the other side of the group, turned basically broadside, and hooked up about as fast as I've ever seen a frigate go, falling in line right behind us. I looked back about 3 minutes into the casualty, maybe 5, and they had R&A teams dressed out on the deck ready to go.

At the time, given our run ins with the navy we joked that they might do more harm than good, but honestly if they were half as good as the DC crews on the Fitz sounded, we would have been in good hands. That's a little navy professionalism that sticks with me to this day. It almost makes me feel bad for stealing the jack off one of the ships during a port call...Almost...

Post-Cole or pre-Cole? The Navy has always taken firefighting at sea seriously, but much, much moreso after the Cole bombing. Which, again harks back to my point above about how we tend to learn a lot of lessons the hard way (through blood).

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Cerekk posted:

Uh there was basically no significant firefighting on the Cole, it was all flooding. There was on the Forrestal though. And the Enterprise. And the Samuel B Roberts. And the Stark. And the Bonefish. And the Miami. And the George Washington.

To clarify, it wasn't just the firefighting on Cole (you're right, not significant) it was the collective damage control efforts that made the Navy take a good, hard look at overall DC (to include firefighting and flooding TTPs).

My ultimate point was mostly just that it takes significant "oh gently caress" moments in the Navy to truly bring about change.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

nd article:
Holy gently caress. I feel very bad now for being angry at 7th fleet, because it doesn't sound like they were the real problem. It was Swift and above. Also, drat, Swift. I know that you were an aviator, but that was a real SWO move doing that to ADM Aucoin. And the fact that Maybus doesn't feel like he's responsible at all for what happened and that it's all on us?

I think that's what gets me the most; the fact that Maybus decided he needed to build lots of ships, and people are telling him that this was not the right move. I agree that we do need more ships. We sure as hell don't need that many when we can barely man the ones that we have and provide needed training for them, but we need some.

Firing VADM Aucoin came from significantly higher than ADM Swift. Also, remember that Swift was force retired, too. RUMINT was that he was slated to move from PACFLT to PACOM. Instead, they shuffled him out and put Aquilino in there (who went from 2 -> 4 stars in less than a year, and only spent about 6 months as NAVCENT/C5F).

I blame CCSG5, and C7F. CCSG5 is the "first line" flag leadership and C7F is the Fleet Commander who should have known when to say "no" to their seniors. Unfortunately, even at the 2-3 star level that seldom happens. It's not new that we ride FDNF ships into the ground in 7th Fleet. On the other hand, the ships simply passing thru en route to C5F get all the gravy liberty ports and the indigenous CRUDES generally get garbage-rear end ports (partially due to their BMD tether) it's lose-lose for FDNF folks and has been for a very long time.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

Never be cross-assigned. It looks like my eval from last year is still not in OMPF or any other systems. I would just send it as a letter to the board, which is last day to send is tomorrow midnight, but OWA West is not working. OWA East is but my account isn't on there. Hopefully, when someone gets into work tomorrow email will work again or this is just another year to write off any chance at 8.

Fail to plan, plan to fail etc. etc. Don't wait until the night before the deadline to submit a letter to the board, for starters. More importantly - don't wait until you're 30-60 days out from a board to scrub your record. Do it every 30-60 days and never underestimate admin or Millington's ability to gently caress poo poo up. Sorry.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

orange juche posted:

This right here told me the rest of your post was loving worthless, dick.

PneumonicBook posted:

You forgot to :chiefsay: all of that.

Also a hearty lol to scrubbing your record 6 times a year.

Not trying to be a dick. If you want to make E-8, maybe don't wait until the night before a deadline to hope that you can send a missing eval in as a letter to the board? Sucks, but there it is.

And I don't mean agonize over your record 6 times a year. I mean log into BOL and glance at your poo poo every couple months and it will spare you from significant asspain in the long run. *Especially* when it comes to getting paper corrected. Once you PCS to a new command and enough people have rotated out of the admin shop at whatever command dicked you previously, you're hosed. Enjoy 6-9+ months at BCNR.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

ded posted:

Someone needs to EB green this fuckstick to a bulkhead.

Guy was a TERRIBLE choice for INDOPACOM. He's an absolute loving relic, and is a perfect example of why the surface navy is so hosed up.

Swift should have been INDOPACOM.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Swift refused to acknowledge that his ships in 7th fleet were falling apart at the seams and just kept sending them on more and more missions. He sold Aucoin down the river so that he still had a shot.

He used data Aucoin GAVE HIM in a white paper to show what the 7th fleet ships were dealing with.

He had information that should have been used to allow 7th fleet ships time to fix themselves and train their crews, and he ignored it until my 7 sailors died. Then he allowed his friend to find out he'd been fired via Wall Street Journal when 10 more were killed because the sailors on the McCain didn't understand how to use the SCC.

Can't imagine why that happened. The BMC had a whopping <60 minutes learning how to use it himself!

Swift should have had his head roll too, and instead, they let him retire.

The McCain should never have happened. The CO does bear responsibility because he was the one that ordered the split helm and choose to not set Sea and Anchor an hour earlier-despite protests from other officers telling him that he needed to do it.
But that still doesn't change the fact that barely anyone knew how to use the fancy touch screen SCC. I've been on a ship with one of those. They make noise for EVERYTHING. Was that shut off? Did no one know what those sounds actually meant? No idea. But neither did the Antietam sailors apparently.

My CO bears responsibility too for not being on the bridge and for not realizing that certain individuals really had personality conflicts. I'm not denying that either.

Anyway, anyone got questions for boss man, CNO?

PACFLT is the force provider, it is not the operational/fleet commander. Full stop.

C7F actual is responsible for ascertaining the no-poo poo ground truth from CCSG5/CDS15/COMSUBGRU7 et al and funnelling it up to PACFLT as the force provider. It is his job to best understand proper disposition of forces under his auspices as well as their materiel/training status, and to be the strongest "no" when tasked by higher. He is the senior operational [naval] commander in theater.

I understand you've been through a lot and emotions still run high surrounding all of this, but you've got to understand that these relationships work differently than you think. It makes more sense once you've been on a 3* staff (or above), otherwise it's a bit murky.

And to qualify all of this, I've been a DIVO on a FDNF DDG in 7th Fleet. It sucks, it's hard, it's long days and a ton of underway time. You never get enough sleep, nobody ever gets enough training, the ships are never correctly manned, there are always pervasive material issues and poo poo is constantly broken because you're never in port long enough to get stuff repaired. Trust me, I get it, it was unfortunately only a matter of time before something like this happened and anyone who has been on a CRUDES forward deployed out there will tell you the same.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

After two visits from the SevNAV and now the CNO, I am not unconvinced that current leadership thinks that we just need to keep learning from Silicon Valley because they have all the right ideas.

It is also probably a bad sign when the entire auditorium gasps a little at the word "2017" even when the question that contained that word had nothing to do with the collisions. Question had to do with a report that came out in December 2017 and asked what the navy was doing to promote innovative thinkers and how we were thinking outside of just technical backgrounds.

He only answered 5 or 6 questions. He sounded legitimately upset about the above question, and yet somehow didn't seem to answer it at all despite rambling on about it for 10 minutes. That was the impression I think most of us came away with: he spoke for a very long time, took some questions, gave unclear and unhelpful responses, and left.

That's more or less the current CNO in a nutshell. SECDEF has zero military background, SECNAV was in for 5 minutes, and this CNO is heading for retirement this year.

Also, the relationships being fostered in Silicon Valley aren't going to directly benefit the fleet today in ways most Sailors will see or understand, but there is a lot of work happening that will make things significantly easier behind the scenes, or on the cyber defense/acquisitions/supply chain management standpoint.

Lastly, the current generation of senior military leadership aren't great strategic thinkers because they've never had to be. The Vietnam crowd has all since retired and aside from Iraq/Afghanistan, we haven't had a major conflict in decades. The guys who really ran OEF/OIF effectively were SOF-types due to the nature of both of those conflicts.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Feb 14, 2019

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Dorstein posted:

I'm prior enlisted and now doing grad work in computer architecture. Connect the dots for me?

M_Gargantua posted:

source your quotes

The source is me. I'm currently working in Silicon Valley as part of a SECNAV fellowship. We have folks all over the place working on projects and actively tackling the specific problems I just mentioned: completely revamping how the Navy does cyber defense afloat and ashore, streamlining the over DoD acquisition process (this is more of a DIU mission, but there are quite a few senior folks taking notes on specific nuggets of bureacracy that needs to be slowly dissolved over the next several years). Some of this stuff is heavily aligned with my background, but a lot of it was new territory for me.

Up to this point, I've have been working to help bring in major project managers from SPAWAR, NAVSEA, SOF cool-guys, NNWC, NCDOC, hopefully IFOR soon, as well as foster existing IC relationships in place at my particular company to not only better communicate and understand requirements but to simply cut through the bullshit, explain to these cats exactly what my company (and others in the area) can do to make their lives easier, and then implement.

It also helps that there exists significant double-thumbs-up-finger-guns support from the 3 and 4-star levels on some of these initiatives. Worked tied in directly with my last two jobs, and ties in nicely with my next gig too.

Previous CNO and SECNAV were all about this poo poo. Current CNO is "meh" at best but he's on his way out and current SECNAV was onboard and supportive once his staff got him up to speed. The hardest part of doing this kind of "break the mold" poo poo is hoping the next CNO/SECNAV/SECDEF are onboard with these initiatives, otherwise they die painful deaths.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

ded posted:

Navy. Navy never changes.

Unless 100+ sailors die in a single incident .

It absolutely does. The only problem is that significant change in a bureaucracy as large as the DoD (or Navy) takes an entire generation.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

florida lan posted:

How exactly does the Navy operate by fleecing investors with a nebulous social media concept before inevitably pivoting into adtech?

We're not talking about working with random start-ups that a couple of naive college grads poo poo out over a couple brewskis last weekend, the DoD is working with large, established companies.

Google. Apple, VMWare, Juniper, GE, FedEx, DHL, just to name a few.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

The Silicon Valley tech will do nothing to fix any of the navy's core problems.

It will at best be an expensive bandaide and within expectation be even worse for the enlisted.

Yes and no. It's not the tech in and of itself that's going to fix poo poo, it's the idea exchange and the relationships that will help fix some pretty fundamental issues.

If you can't lure "top talent" out of tech, the next best thing is to build those relationships and leverage that talent to help solve big problems. An unindoctrinated, disinterested perspective on some of this poo poo is exactly what we need. Mind you, we're talking long-term technological challenges and dismantling/streamlining decades-old bureacracy to make procuring poo poo easier.

It won't necessarily fix our over-reliance on mega defense contractors, and it won't help FN Timmy turn wrenches any better, but it certainly helps us ride the innovation curve a bit better.

buttplug fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

Laranzu posted:

I was discussing this with my wife this morning. It's strange to loathe the same person on the internet for 12 years but here we are.

You actually talk to your wife about people on Internet message boards? Seriously? Lol.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)