Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A lifetime in the deep south has conditioned me to look askance at dentists who don't expect me to be an active assistant in the procedure. What, you don't trust me to hold the spray nozzle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This totally doesn't have a millenia-long history of starting existential wars between great powers or anything

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

no dig up, stupid

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahtyris/status/1250440073377505280

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Doctors of Education, Sport and Economic Sciences have a symbol with a flame, oil lamp, and a circle made up of rays of light."

:yikes: all I see is the WTC, a dick, and some SS runes

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

:toot:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just a reminder that the Confederates were so bad at Navying that they left a crew of slaves aboard a ship, including the ship's pilot, alone aboard and were stunned when they stole the ship and joined the Union.

They built a naval base in loving Charlotte NC

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I was just about to say "AmphSquad 3" sounds like a short-lived 70's spy show. :v:

AmphSquad3 sounds like a TCC offsite

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I wouldn't limit it to the navy or even .mil generally, the Iowa explosion is a case study in how the natural forces of institutional rear end-covering can align to rawdog anyone

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

huh I replied to this thread hours ago and my post is MIA, so there must be a very weird contextless remark about that coverup somewhere else on the forums thanks to awfulapp. Be fun to see where that ended up.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lou Takki posted:

This is what stuck with me after all my Suez transits, always thinking about those dudes out there on those sand dunes, seems loving awful.

e: here's a picture
http://imgur.com/a/MSZHJYz

At least those guys get to look at boats.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moroccan_Western_Sahara_Wall

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

There's a reason they're exiles

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

delta-P crab

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Indonesia found the hull, it's in 3 pieces and below 800m. At least it was quick.

:smith:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

My appreciation of the original Top Gun deepened greatly when I realized the whole thing was an extended-cut Giorgio Moroder video

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

On keyboard, the big "D" himself, RUSTY SHACKLEFORD!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wibla posted:

Preaching to the choir, buddy :haw:

and suddenly I understand why you love shooting blues so much

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hekk posted:

Aren’t we running low on helium with no way to replace reserves?

there are alternatives :supaburn:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

Chaplain corps

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

nailed it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

hit a seamount in october, it was p big news when it went public but that was also a couple months ago. I think someone ITT was aboard.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

When the US started scrapping carriers after WWII, Gilette bought one to turn into razor blades. After a couple months, they called the Navy and asked "how do you cut through a flight deck?" The Navy replied with "let us know when you find out. It's gonna be important when we try to refuel the Enterprise."

Midway Class deck plates were only 3.5 inches, an oxy torch should handle that easily although perhaps slow

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

infinite carbon tet grenades unlock

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Elviscat posted:

This is the best day ever, I'm finally loving done.

:toot:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I once-shotted South Carolina to Rochester, would not recommend.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Nice, that trip you took looked sick!

I think the rough tentative route right now is looking like Portland-Bosie-Denver-Taos-OKC-Nashville-Myrtle Beach-Jax. Traveling with my for the trip Mom and she was really curious to see part of the Carolina coast.

Myrtle beach is way the hell out of your way and sucks. You wanna see pretty coastline and pretty beaches, go to Georgetown and then work your way down US 17 through Charleston and Beaufort. MB is just flatter, hotter, shittier Gatlinburg.

E: thinking about it Georgetown is still nonoptimal, from Nashville I'd go to Asheville, probably spend a day there, and then down 26 to Charleston. There's a really nice park in the middle of Greenville with a pedestrian cable-stay bridge across the river rapids that's again, right in the middle of downtown that's very much worth a stop. Columbia is a wasteland, don't bother.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 10, 2022

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Is this a Battletech reference or Navy reference?

I thought it was the strangely successful truck stop hawala network

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grip it and rip it posted:

None of my navy doctors ever felt my balls or looked at my bhole

This is a guarantee you have an undocumented service-related ballhole disability

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Interesting, I figured that would have been hard coded in somewhere.

oh gently caress thanks for reminding me I get to go to work tomorrow and manually alter 100+ parts counters thqt are hard coded to change to DST

on the wrong date

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/TheDreadShips/status/1641182160399880193?s=20

Looks at cabinet with all the coffee cups and the 3 I use during the week: Yeah, I think I should get this one

You can quickly filter who is and isn't worth talking to by tracking who thinks it's Evangelion merch

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Grace Keyboard Hoppezsjtwitsoyxoyditeitx

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TheWeedNumber posted:

unless that sword is getting strapped to a rocket motor and shot at someone off the rail off a F-22's internal missile bay idgaf fam about them or their sephiroth fetish

F-22 can't carry Hellfires :(

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Kennedy was a president, a navy war hero, and he'd recently been assassinated, so it's reasonable. I guess the worst offenders as far as presidents go are Eisenhower and Reagan. Lincoln and Washington are going to get a pass because they're, you know, Lincoln and Washington.

Then there's the Gerald R. Ford.

In light of his farewell address the only thing funnier than naming a carrier after Eisenhower would've been naming one of the LCS classes after him

it is tremendous content

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Steezo posted:

Name one after LBJ's dick.

France already has a Le Téméraire

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Charlton Heston directing a chinese-language production of that play in Beijing in 1988 and again in 2006 makes me wonder if we've been in the simulation reality much longer than suspected

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

do submarine dudes get extra upset when they see people tapping the glass at the aquarium

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

have they ever had anything resembling a coherent platform or goals aside from "gently caress the Saudis"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1749493305530806591?t=mvsYG20wwrxV7QF5u4xVpQ&s=19

All I can imagine is the ONI lady investigators just billing for taking women out on dates and then coming back as like, " didn't find any lesbians, just hard working dames. I need more money for dates."

:clint: - Dammit Johnson don't you know the beehive you just kicked over? This lady mechanic thing goes all the way to the top, the top I tell you! Drop it! Drop it, if you keep digging on this thing you'll be lucky if the brass lets you out with your head, nevermind a badge!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Quackles posted:

Great. What's impedance?

some AC bullshit that I ignore because it doesn't fit into my series-of-tubes-based mental model of electricity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

genuinely not sure if that's supposed to be a crusader or a boba fett